• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Super Mario World Project =D

Started by Zalge, February 21, 2009, 10:13:07 pm

Zalge

February 21, 2009, 10:13:07 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zalge
Hey guys, I'm working on something productive =D Guess what it is!

... oh, you read the title.

Well, anyway, I was just wondering if anyone had level ideas that they would want to pitch. I'm basically going to remix all the levels of Super mario world (that includes the switch palaces) and I need ideas for obstacles.

Also, if anyone has experience with lunar magic, can someone explain why I can't flip the climbing nets in the yellow switch palace (I put a climbing net in teh yellow switch palace and you have to climb around something.... I may just take that bit out though.)

melonhead

February 21, 2009, 10:49:12 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by melonhead
Check out Super Demo World: The Legend Continues
It's by the guy who made Lunar Magic and it's pretty much the best rom hack ever made.

tithin

February 21, 2009, 11:22:38 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by tithin
Yep, that's a ridiculously good playthrough. If you're interested in super mario hacks check out

http://www.letsplayarchive.com/

Check for anything by raocow, he plays through romhacks regularly and he's pretty good
14:45  @SilentB         ò "Hey, Cosgrove, how come you never married?"
14:45  @SilentB         ò "Because I eat too much meat."
14:46  @Celdia          ò Heresy. No such thing as 'too much meat'
14:47  @Celdia          ò One night with tithin would teach you that.

SentinalBlade

February 21, 2009, 11:46:12 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=hacks

if your look for level designs, there are good levels even in the ones rated less than 6

my favorite is F-Mario. its like F-Zero, but Captain Falcon tests mario's speed by race tracks. its REALLY good...awesome use of oldschool music and everything. and each lap isnt the same. theres quite alot of differences if you play it right.

Aqua Neo is the hardest level. i finished it with 3 seconds on the clock when i started with 400 i think.