• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 10:51:52 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Mercenaries Job Sprite Ideas (update: soon)(Image Heavy)

Started by MiKeMiTchi, August 07, 2009, 05:50:42 am

jimmyjw88

Erm...collar situation for...? Walking frames?
Well, I'm almost done with Dead frames. I'll post them soon, with Critical frames. So, stay tune ^^
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

mav

Yeah, I was referring to the somewhat strange shading on the collar during the walking frames. Anyways, I look forward to seeing the new poses. You're doing great, Jimmy...I'm guessing this is over 5% done now, right?

jimmyjw88

Well, you probably thought the progress is above 5% seeing that I've done Damaged Frames ^^
Unfortunately, its not. Its above 5% but just a little. I jumped to Damaged Frames as the bottom legs shared with Charged Frames.
Anyway, here are the updates*

In-Game Test, Critical/Dead Frames, plus comparison for the rear collar motion. *

In-Game Test
Critical/Dead Frames
Rear Collar Motion (Old)
Rear Collar Motion (New)
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

mav

The rear motion looks much better, in my opinion. The dead frames look damn good too, though there's one really dark pixel on the forward-facing one that may need some lightening. Keep it up, Speedy.

jimmyjw88

Dark pixel...Hand? Between his head and left arm? Because those are black ^^

EDIT: Speedy? You kidding me? Haha.

Kagebunji

• Modding version: Other/Unknown

mav

Ah, I should have clarified--yes, on the head (near the middle, a little to the bottom and our right), as Kage mentioned. It's also on the backwards-facing kneeling pose, right above the ear.

And fine, you may not be speedy, Jimmy, but you sure are diligent.

MiKeMiTchi

Looks fine to me! (can't test it..)
Well I guess this thread needs to be updated..
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

mav

Oi...good luck going through these pages to figure out what needs updating.

Bloodthirster0

Not much,only Scryer Sprite and Port and Scholar Sprite and Port completion
Need something useful to write here

jimmyjw88

Cheetah

Looking very good. A couple issues. The mouth looks too big for the singing animation, or is that standard? Also I'm noticing in these frames and now earlier ones that sometimes there is an odd dark blue pixel around his cuff against his hand. I'm not sure why it is their and I'm thinking it looks odd. Maybe it should just be a dark skin tone pixel or something. I'm really digging this design a lot.
Current Projects:

jimmyjw88

Well, for the mouth, its Oracle's but if you want it smaller, I could do that. As for the blue pixel, its actually according to Barinten's design. He has darkest green around his hand there. If you look back at all my updates, they all have blue pixels but if you want me to change them, I could do that too ^^

mav

Hmm...I see the pixel, now that it's been pointed out. It's only evident on the 2x size version (and likely any other bigger versions), so it's completely up to you--if you wanna swap it with a different color, that's your call. Everything else looks great.

Cheetah

Obviously this stuff is rather knic-picky because this sprite is looking so awesome now.
Current Projects:

mav

I agree. This is definitely one of the best improvements I've ever seen on a custom sprite. Great work, Jimmy.

And thanks for updating the topic, MiKe.

mav

The male Reliquian sprite needs some help. You can find the SPR here. The sprite is done, as is the portrait, but the sprite needs some touching up. It shouldn't be too tough, but it's certainly out of my league. If anyone has the time, resources, and willpower, I would greatly appreciate you fixing it.

jimmyjw88

Hmm...The sprite looks good. Mind to give some hints on the touch ups?

mav

Take a look at what these guys said:
Quote from: "Sephirot24"
Quote from: "Cheetah"Okay I need to just say this. The original Reliquian is rather poor quality. I know a lot of people have done some touch-ups and improved it, but I kind of think it just needs to be totally redone. The original Japanese spriter did a very sloppy job to the point that I don't even know where to start on the critics. A decent portrait and some great palette options came out of the Reliquian topic, but before you use it as a base for another sprite I would recommend doing a rehaul of the original. But maybe I'm the only one that feels this way.

I have the same feelings Cheetah. The portrait is awesome, but the sprite is rather poor. A nice concept, but not so well executed...
It's hard to say, but there's just something not right about it. If you look at it in Shishi with one of the lighter palettes (palettes 3, 5, 6, and 8--6 is the original palette, if I recall correctly) it just looks too messy. The shading is irregular and improperly placed on some poses, the outline on the cape looks jagged, and the turban looks funky from time to time. It's not that the sprite is terrible, it's just that it will look a bit inferior when placed next to some of our higher quality sprites. And I think I need to fix up some of the palettes eventually...three of them look exactly the same and two of 'em look downright bad.

Honestly Jimmy, you're pretty busy as it is, but if you think you can do this on the side, I'd appreciate it.

jimmyjw88

Hmm...Remake the Reliquian...I need some ideas on this, like how he is suppose to look like; the same as the current or something. Yeah, I'm kinda busy. A lot of stuff pending and need to do; Gospel, Scryer (and all the other Mercenaries sprites), Sprite Contest and more. I'll see what I can do about this Reliquian.