• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:12:54 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Journey of the Five - Chapter 1 DOWNLOAD HERE! (Current Version v1.97e)

Started by 3lric, March 25, 2013, 08:13:33 pm

Xifanie

Oh yeah, no, it can totally be used that way, and some people have done it in the past. Some people have even been hired to complete the project they were working on, by the gaming company that was at the core of their idea itself. But SquareEnix is no such company, and would rather toss a Cease & Desist at anyone who uses their copyrighted materials for anything, because their layers claim it would reduces their sales. ¯\(°_o)/¯
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

RJ Cid

Interesting...

Well keep on keepin' on. We're all rooting for you :cool:

KingUrameshi

Quote from: Xifanie on September 05, 2015, 11:18:34 am
But SquareEnix is no such company, and would rather toss a Cease & Desist at anyone who uses their copyrighted materials for anything, because their layers claim it would reduces their sales. ¯\(°_o)/¯

Yeah Squeenix died about ten years ago for me. FF 10 was good but in my opinion almost everything they have done since is terrible. Stop overloading my games with kiddie anime BS and get back to the serious world shaking games they were good at.

I still remember the email I got from Square asking me if I would want Disney in my Final Fantasy and I said HELL NO! That was the beginning of the end for them. Watered down kiddie BS.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You have allies... Friends that would risk their lives, and I am one of them.

3lric

Nyzer

Hey, Kingdom Hearts 1 and Chain of Memories turned out really well. But yeah, right after that they took any semblance of difficulty or plot consistency out back and shot them in the head. KH2 is infamous for being easier to do as a low level run on the hardest difficulty than KH1 was... and for dropping every single plot point from CoM  :|

KingUrameshi

Played a little bit of KH 1 and I did enjoy it but how I long for the days of world ending, space faring adventure that were the older FF games. And I don't know about anyone else but the game over screen for Chrono Trigger with "the future refused to change" and the world ending in 1999 scared the holy living s**t out of me when I was a kid.

Big ups to Enix on Valkyrie Profile also, still one of my favorite games ever.

Rfh

Elric, thanks for doing this patch. Not only events are awesome doned, the battles are also awesome, and the difficult is perfectly adjusted.
  • Discord username: rfh

3lric

Thank you Rfh! Though the credit goes out to much more than just myself :D

3lric

Jumza

That's actually such an awesome picture :P

Elric costumes = best costumes (complete with real weaponry!)
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

dw6561

I just started playing this like three days ago, and I think it's really good. I love the story so far! It's just that JP costs seem a little high, and enemies seem to have quite a lot more than me (I try to get crystals but most of the time the enemy gets to them first). But I think these things have been said before. That being said, I still really am enjoying it.

I'm stuck at Sweegy-all the undeads seem to revive every single time instead of crystalizing, including the dragon that I turned undead as well (or rather the guest did, she had oracle unlocked apparently). It's probably just cruddy RNG, but man is it brutal. I don't think I should have made Ramza my priest because I've been relying on wish for revival this whole time and if he's sandbagging, he can't cure or encourage to restore MP.
This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.

3lric

Undead always revives in Jot5 lol. However this can be avoided in the re-release by scavenging the dead body.

The JP gain has been adjusted for the re-release as well.

Thank you, and I'm glad you are enjoying it!

KingUrameshi

Ramza does indeed make a great priest. Also Black Magic can make a world of difference in this mod. Just don't over level or you will be in for a bitch of a time (level 20+).

Bounty Hunter Lani

For Sweegy Woods and beyond, I've found that someone with Invigorate can change the whole battle in your favor.
(Or, as much as it can before you face off against certain bosses that can shred you to bits)

My personal choice is to have a Ranger main with Knight secondary. That way, you have long-range poison with Invigorate and more MP and speed!

Anyway, just wanted to say that I loved the mod, and I'm looking forward to the re-release and Chapter 2.  :mrgreen:

Jumza

Quote from: Bounty Hunter Lani on September 14, 2015, 12:12:42 am
For Sweegy Woods and beyond, I've found that someone with Invigorate can change the whole battle in your favor.
(Or, as much as it can before you face off against certain bosses that can shred you to bits)

Invigorate is definitely the strongest chapter 1 ability I would say :P
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Hyraldelita

it's more like the strongest skill i've seen untill now if the whole FFT mods XD

100% reraise + heal mp , lol it's like cheating XD

Pandemoniu

I think I have mentioned this beforehand, but I always loved Invigorate. It's so nice and convenient, but simple nonetheless, and I appreciated having access to Re-raise and lite MP restoration so early on.

I can't recall its name, but I also like the Knight's "Make nearby allies + user take up a Parry Stance" skill. These abilities definitely increased the overall usefulness of Knights by quite a margin.

I mentioned how I liked having these as options and having them make really real differences so easily and early. You would never realize how useful they can be if/when they are so hard to use under normal circumstances, so I loved how you guys brought such abilities to light as you did.

A lot of some people's possible hardships may have stemmed from the lack of usage of these abilities that they may have deemed "inconsequential". (After all, it was noted that maybe too many players were choosing to stick to the default classes as opposed to branching out, likely making things harder on themselves in the long run.)

Nyzer

That, or people tried to rush to advanced Jobs without setting up some characters as any of the second-tier ones. Knight and Priest are amazing support Jobs, and even if they are early tier, they're worth having some of your characters Master instead of trying to advance onward.

Pandemoniu

Quote from: nyzer on September 16, 2015, 01:49:37 am
That, or people tried to rush to advanced Jobs without setting up some characters as any of the second-tier ones. Knight and Priest are amazing support Jobs, and even if they are early tier, they're worth having some of your characters Master instead of trying to advance onward.

Now that you mention it, I do recall some players rushing to advanced jobs being a thing (and before proper weapons for them even became a available, even).

I mean, of course, it is their choice, but you end up missing out on so many experiences as a player doing so.