• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 08:33:49 am

Driving me nuts...

Started by Kenshin72, August 19, 2010, 05:38:08 pm

Kenshin72

Angry double post.
Not driving me nuts anymore more like pissing me the eff off. I had my custom event done. Went to test it, the custom stuff went great, the regular scripting stuff on the other hand not so much. First of all this is the Sweegy Woods event where Algus and Delita talk about the monsters. I added about 5 extra messages, worked fine.

But when the camera scrolls over to the monsters and shows them walking towards you the whole scene resets with the camera spinning in again. I kept trying to find an error. Couldn't find one. So I started again from scratch. C/Ping my custom events one by one til I found the problem child. Its the unitanim that I had problems with before. UnitAnim(x04,x00,x16,x00,x00) This guy causes the Battle Conditions to not appear and go straight into the battle. When I hve the rest of the custom code in it makes the camera respin in. I've attached a picture for reference, the highlight stuff is custom. Maybe someone else can see what I can't.

Xifanie

If you're using pSX, make a quicksave with the event started and send it to me. Because I just can't see what's wrong here.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Jon

I have a question, can you start to actually read this stuff and make sense of it? What I mean is that whenever I work on a game (using BYOND code), I can just sorta read the code and understand what will happen. Like I see up above that the WaitForInstruction is always the same thing in the ()s- are there rules that I can learn this stuff properly? Something that stuns me everytime is the DisplayMessage("seemingly random numbers here") stuff, how does that work? I once tried to read a guide on this but it seemed like it was written by someone who doesn't speak English too well (no offense to whoever out there), which means I didn't learn what seems to me like something that isn't too hard. I also made (up to chapter 2) a parody patch where I changed most dialogue, but I never figured out how to get characters to do stuff I want them to do, like when Algus begs Ramza to save the marquis, wouldn't it be funny if Delita sorta kicked Algus away? Okay, nevermind... Btw, sorry for posting this on your question Kenshin72, just didn't feel like making a whole new topic ;)
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Kenshin72

Here's my TEST.evt, event.txt and the save state. I use epsxe, and CDPROG for inserting.

Here's a video of what happens.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MgxZvvPNsg

As for you Jon, just by editing this event I've learned what every command does that is used in this event except for the ones we haven't figured out what they do. I read the tutorials on this site and I thought they do a pretty good job of explaining. Also I did of lot of trial and error.

LastingDawn

You don't have this...

Offset(x0018C000)
//Remove the previous line if you wish not to override the offset in CONFIG.INI.
//Text(x0000013F) <---
//Remove the previous line if you wish text to compile directly after instructions.

still there, do you Kenshin?
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Kenshin72

SilvasRuin

Don't the "//" mean it is commented out and has no effect anyways?  Or is this coding abnormal?  (Not that I know much coding in the first place.)

Miroshi Beshima

I dont think LD meant to put the "//" there.

LastingDawn

Quote from: "Kenshin72"Yeah, is that bad?

Yes. So many problems have happened because of that, unless you are testing  it on a savestate version. Get rid of that ASAP.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!