• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 01:35:29 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

GeneralStrife's Sprites

Started by GeneralStrife, June 08, 2010, 02:14:36 pm

GeneralStrife

June 08, 2010, 02:14:36 pm Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 04:20:38 pm by GeneralStrife
I plan on making a new sprite.
I plan to base it on this person right here.
Probably hood down, might make another version with hood up.

I have no idea where to start and therefore require guidance from a seasoned spriter

Oberon

id think the male summoner sprite would be a good start for the cape and hood design with the hood down. for the hood up. id use either loffrey or meliadouls hood and combine it with the summoner cape.

Zozma

i would love to see the hood down version i like Raven's hair. you could use my "miang2" head for her hair, the hair is 3 color shades it would be easy to change to black and mod slightly
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

GeneralStrife

Hmm yes i think the challenge will be the colors

Zozma

It shouldn't be too hard. the best thing to do is borrow color palettes from existing sprites.

a good blueblack you could get from my custom "lust" sprite's hair and that shade of purple? hmm i dont think anything has that naturally

or perhaps the skeleton's cape color, its more indigo than blue when u compare it to other blue palettes in fft...

GeneralStrife

EDIT 3 :
I Need MAJOR Crits as this is my first go at custom spriting, and i am sure i have hundreds of mis placed pixels.

Zozma

good for a first attempt, you did that very fast. now obviously the legs need to be modded...

is her haircolor and cape color using the same colors? if not then make her hair black with a blue sheen id say...
glad you took my advice on using miang's hair, i think it was a perfect match....

jimmyjw88

Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Oberon

her back sprites look like she jus got shorter.

Zozma

good catch i just noticed that too on the stopped frame she looks 1 pixel too low...

GeneralStrife

I'm gonna try and finish this soon Lol, i just need legs that will look similiar, and somehow do the right skin tone

scatttman

hood has to be smaller try using melliadou as base and aply custom work

GeneralStrife

Quote from: "scatttman"hood has to be smaller try using melliadou as base and aply custom work
:/ this is my first sprite..im wingin it as it is

GeneralStrife

Raven update..I decided to try my butchering skills again.
Suspenders removed...her boobage is currently a black hole...head alignment possibly fixed
I'm basically shouting at my computer going FFFFUUUU cause I keep messing up and having to undo and unsure where some of the head ive got would go...maybe i should start over and slap the body onto the head instead of vice versa as i have been doing...also 24 colors Bah..

Jon

No don't do that General! Heads are easier to replace than bodies. You just need to figure out how to replace the legs...and make it look more like a swim suit or whatever it is she is wearing under the cape...imo the colors are very good.
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

GeneralStrife

Terra's legs are perfect for it....i just gotta figure out how im gonna go about it

Edit: Also the male summoner port minus the head is just perfect too

GeneralStrife

Extreme Necrobump....more to come.

GeneralStrife

God I suck ass......I think the old sheet was FUBAR'd....gonna have to start over.
*slits wrist*

Wolfran

Why don't you use the female thief body or Lijj's female viking and add a the summoner cape?
Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...