• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 04:59:24 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

The Chronicles of Kanbabrif

Started by Bastard Poetry, May 17, 2008, 07:20:29 am

jedimasterarcturus

December 07, 2008, 04:39:04 am #460 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by jedimasterarcturus
I would just like to say that I have watched the first part of C.o.K and I was amazed. I am so looking forward to the rest. Good luck to everyone who is working on this project.

Bastard Poetry

January 08, 2009, 12:33:14 am #461 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bastard Poetry
Hello and welcome and thanks, new fans and old fans alike!

NEWS UPDATE!

CoK Part II is back in production! Cheetah and I are slaving away with every spare moment we can! Exclamation point!

I'm not going to give a time estimate on it, because every time I do, something disastrous occurs. But I will say that progress, so far, is coming along swimmingly.

What say we bring some life back into this old topic?

LET'S MAKE SOME NOISE!!
Final Fantasy Tactics - Thief SSCC:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL73FB72C01D917FD6&feature=viewall

(Fully recorded LP; successes, failures, and most things inbetween)

FFMaster

January 08, 2009, 12:49:20 am #462 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by FFMaster
Woohoo!

Don't rush things though. Take your time and release it when you are happy.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Dormin Jake

January 08, 2009, 02:35:58 am #463 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dormin Jake
:!:

:D

Oh man yes.  Glad to see you back!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
We are Dormin. Thou art to bring us a tasty beverage.
  • Discord username: dorminjake

Cheetah

January 08, 2009, 03:52:47 am #464 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Oh man it feels good to see this thread alive again. I think no firm set dates is good, but do be prepared for awesomeness.
Current Projects:

philsov

January 08, 2009, 09:06:05 am #465 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
Quote from: "bastardpoetry"LET'S MAKE SOME NOISE!!

"BRUURURURURURUuRTRBRUTBRTT"
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

dwib

January 08, 2009, 06:46:01 pm #466 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by dwib
YES!!! THE CLIFFFFFHANGAR WAS TWO MUCH FOUR ME

LastingDawn

January 09, 2009, 03:48:43 pm #467 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Excellent to see things are back in production! Good to see this project recommence, it's been a long time in the coming.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Bastard Poetry

January 16, 2009, 03:40:20 am #468 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bastard Poetry
I'm going to copypasta the thing I wrote on the other CoK topic at GF:

I may need some help from all of you, the fans. If any of you have any of the following games and the capability to record in HD or at least higher quality, let me know:

Tales of Destiny 2
Warcraft 3
Fire Emblem: Goddess of Dawn or Radiant Dawn or FE10 or whatever the hell it's called
FFXI

The vids I've found with usable clips are not the best quality, so it'd be nice if someone could upload better recordings. If not, it's not the end of the world. I don't care as much about the FMV sequences as I do about the FFT scenes.

/copypasta

Chaumel is looking into the FFXI and Warcraft 3 videos I need, so hopefully he can pull off HD well enough. If anyone here can help out with those other games, I'll guarantee you a spot in the credits.

BloodyBlade

January 16, 2009, 03:48:14 am #469 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by BloodyBlade
Aww. I got Fire Emblem 9 instead. Path of Radiance for GCN

Bastard Poetry

January 16, 2009, 03:55:42 am #470 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bastard Poetry
Fire Emblem 910: Path of the Goddess of Radiant Dawn 10

That's too bad, DC05. I've watched the vids of FE9 as well, and they just didn't work for Part II.

Bastard Poetry

January 19, 2009, 08:54:47 pm #471 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bastard Poetry
NEWS UPDATE:

Piercewise made a response video to my 5 facts vlog, and YOU CAN TOO! (If you want. I don't care. Do whatever. But watch his video, it's full of interesting facts and trivia and there will be a test).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjP5AWRDokw

Cheetah

January 26, 2009, 09:29:27 pm #472 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
I'm being a busy busy bee on the Chronicles.
Current Projects:

Kokojo

January 26, 2009, 10:21:55 pm #473 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kokojo
bee-utyfull Cheetah :D
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Archael

January 26, 2009, 11:42:31 pm #474 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "philsov"
Quote from: "bastardpoetry"LET'S MAKE SOME NOISE!!

"BRUURURURURURUuRTRBRUTBRTT"

8)

DakHam

February 03, 2009, 02:13:13 am #475 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by DakHam
Sweet, this is what randomly checking in gets me. =P

SentinalBlade

February 03, 2009, 02:24:27 am #476 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
BP, Radiant dawn is the one for the wii...if your speaking of that one, i can do that for you :3

though there is program to record videos directly form the wii...is cam corder gonna be alright with ya?

Archael

February 07, 2009, 11:33:08 pm #477 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Tonight I will be posting some videos of some very rare electronic-type music that could fit in some scenes if you need it

just a heads up if you need some alternative kind of music for some scenes

LastingDawn

February 07, 2009, 11:57:52 pm #478 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
If you want completely Off the Wall music, you should listen to JA Seazar, even if you can't understand the words, look it up. You know a song's pretty crazy when a few of the lyrics are "Stop! The egg and the bed are cheating one another!" Of course they're all in Japanese... which might make them undesirable... of course you could look up the lyrics and see how much sense those song's Don't make.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9PYf_UT ... re=related
Ignore the background, it's just to give you an example of what this song sounds like, JA Seazar has many wonderous tracks. Though it seems some can't stand it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9emHbujl ... annel_page
Also this is one of their most famous songs, it appears.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Bastard Poetry

February 10, 2009, 02:01:01 am #479 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bastard Poetry
I always appreciate music recommendations, even if I don't end up using them for this project. I'm a music fan, as you all know.

Though I'm not too keen on the stuff you just shared, Lasting Dawn.

I just can't get into a lot of Japanese stuff. I hate anime, I can't stand more than a couple seconds of anything j-pop-like, I think hentai is one of the worst things ever invented, etc etc. It's mainly just the entertainment media, sans a good number of video games, that rub me the wrong way. I have nothing against Japan, the Japanese or the fans. I just don't get the entertainment.

Take anime. The ONLY anime films I have ever enjoyed are: My Neighbor Totoro (because it's cute for the kids, and kitty buses are made of win) and Spirited Away (because I fucking HAD that dream, and I was fascinated to see that some guy on the other end of the world had it too and put it to video). That's it. Dozens of friends that I've known throughout the years have repeatedly tried--and failed--to get me to like all different sorts of anime, and I just can't. (So, in other words, don't bother trying, if that's what any of you reading this were thinking. Lolociraptor). I still to this day get in heated debates with "film critics" about the movie Kill Bill, which I HATED WITH THE FIRES OF A THOUSAND SUNS, and they loved. The only time we've ever been able to "agree to disagree" on any aspect of that movie is on the anime and anime-like elements of what they'd call "stylized action" and what I'd call "stupid." That's the one point where I stop arguing objectively and say, "Okay, well, I'm a little biased on that aspect."

I dig Chinese entertainment more. I also find Chinese history more fascinating, I love the language, the food, the mythology, the art, the music and, well, frankly, etcetera.

Fun fact: My wife has been studying Mandarin, off and on, for a couple of years now. I'm slowly picking up some of it by listening to her practice, and she regularly shouts things at me in Mandarin.. Cute things like, "I love you" or "You are a sexy husband" or "Get back to the fucking kitchen; don't make me tell you twice."

But I digress. I felt like writing out my thoughts, even though I know so many people here are going to look at this and think that
I'M THE WEIRDO..
No U

Back on topic:

I appreciate the offer, SentinalBlade, but camcorder recording is a big no no. You see, Voldemort is our Technical Advisor now, and it's his job to make sure that everything I record for the CoK meets certain HD standards. So I'd need a direct rip of the video or a damned good HD screen recording of the emulated game, which can't be done for the Wii, as far as I know. But it's a moot point now, anyways, because I won't actually need any clips from that game anymore. I've got all that I need to work with now.

I'll definitely hit you guys up again if I do need other FMV clips or something, though.

Progress has slowed quite a bit, due to certain professors on my end thinking that the beginning of the semester should be just as work-heavy as finals at the end of the semester. But I do still find some time every here and there to work on the Chronicles, and I really try to make the absolute most of the time I'm given.

All Glory to Kanbabrif