• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 07:19:39 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

FFT: ASM'D main info/discussion

Started by philsov, October 11, 2009, 04:38:12 pm

RavenOfRazgriz

November 01, 2009, 07:58:09 pm #220 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by RavenOfRazgriz
Quote from: "Voldemort"if by "relatively slow" you mean "relative to setiemson humans with thief hats" then yes, he's slow

so what? alot of things are

That + immunity to general Haste.  I still would say for this keeping him immune to all status + magic is better than making him vulnerable to Haste / etc, but eh.

And yeah, a lot of things are slow compared to those things.  But also remember when you get Worker 8.

All that's left is Nevleska Temple, Zarghidas Trade City, Deep Dungeon, Orbonne Monastery, maybe a little bit of Chapter 4.

The first two are a joke.  The third we need not discuss, and the fourth too, though since this is based on Easytype those battles are probably a bit less ridiculous.

Having used Worker 8 in quite a few random battles and such, I can say he's really damn good when his Speed relatively close to the enemy's speed.  However, considering the insane Speed growths 1.3 has on some of the enemies you fight in Orbonne, Deep Dungeon, and the fact those ridiculous setups with massive speed are possible in the first place, Worker 8 is slow relative to the options the player has at their disposal by the time they get him, especially in 'Normal' 1.3, as I can't imagine getting through that godforsaken Engineer battle without Setiemson unless Level 99.  Again, easytype base + lowered Speed probably means he's a lot better in the end game dungeon if not Deep Dungeon, but in 1.3, he is still relatively slow compared to what a player probably needed to go and get in order to get through the fights to get him in the first place and compared to many of the remaining enemies in the main story and optional dungeon.

When units aren't on gimped Speed, he isn't slow at all.  But that wasn't the point in my reply to iopyud.  I said Worker 8 doesn't need a Speed point because he becomes relatively faster, due to the fact the above gimped setups are far slower than they are in either 1.3 or easytype, and this hack will (or at least, I hope would) slow down end game bosses enough to compensate for the fact the player can't go and get 4 hoes with ridiculous 20something Speed after Initial: Haste.

EDIT:

Quote from: "Voldemort"(btw in 1.3 Holy Dragon Reis can be worth keeping in Holy Dragon form.. has anyone seen her breath damage and innates? :O)

I remember you saying the Innates a few times and remember them being pretty good, though not the specifics on what they were.

But the question is: Is Holy Dragon Reis worth giving up both obscene stat human Reis and Cloud and the two copies of Secret Clothes from Zarghidas Trade City and Javelin II and Escutcheon II and Nagrarock and a Kaiser Plate?

philsov

November 01, 2009, 08:12:22 pm #221 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
Quotehoes with ridiculous 20something Speed after Initial: Haste.

Perfumes are becoming unisex.  

Pimps and hoes.  Pimps.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

iopyud

November 01, 2009, 08:22:50 pm #222 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by iopyud
Off Topic: I'm not a kid. I'm just illiterate at coding and lack 1.3 exp. =c

*reads philov's comic*

BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
So ur wid ur rival adn u were fighting den wen he beat u ur holy stone glowed and spoke, it told u "Your soul will unite with my flesh" den u tell ur rival dat but ur rival said "No, that's just an ordinary rock"
THEN WHO WAS STONE?

Sephirot24

November 01, 2009, 10:24:59 pm #223 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Sephirot24
Wo wo wo, hold on a second!

If AP is now Auto-Wish then it's crap!!! If you damage yourself for 20% max HP before healing those 40% max HP you will kill yourself if you're at 20% HP or lower!!! That AND if you damage yourself for 20% max HP after healing for 40% that means your HP won't get higher than 80% and hence, when you have more than 80% HP you'll be hurting yourself!

philsov

November 01, 2009, 10:31:13 pm #224 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
haha.  no, the healing comes first, that was a concern I had but it works out fine.  

As for never getting above 80%, that'd be an unintentional side effect but I don't think someone is ever really going to be hit for less than 20% of their health, so all in all it'll still produce a net heal unless you're being lame with staves/throw dagger.

Sephirot24

November 01, 2009, 11:26:36 pm #225 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Sephirot24
I see... I really don't like it. Is there a way for AP to work only with potion and Hi-potion?

philsov

November 01, 2009, 11:41:55 pm #226 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
yup.  But it's still quite OP in midgame -- watch my golgarond vid.

So....... I can introduce another potion class.  Pot / Hi / X can be 30/50/70 and ULTRAPOTION can heal for 150.

RavenOfRazgriz

November 01, 2009, 11:46:11 pm #227 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by RavenOfRazgriz
Quote from: "philsov"So....... I can introduce another potion class.  Pot / Hi / X can be 30/50/70 and ULTRAPOTION can heal for 150.

...Can you keep the name in all caps like that and give it a spell quote?

It'd be the BEST. POTION. EVER.

Also, 30 / 50 / 90-100 / 150, imo.

iopyud

November 02, 2009, 12:31:23 am #228 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by iopyud
Oh. I like the second idea.

Might as well make it heal for a little more?
Like... 180?

Item's range without Throw Item is extremely limited and it can only heal one unit. I always end up using Murasame or something...

EDIT:

Oh and can Boco get a buff? Some people (me) keep him. Might as well reward them with something.

Oh and I'd like to say no to unisex perfumes.
If you want to go ahed, I suggest that SOME would be male only and SOME would be female only.
(IE: Physical-ish ones go for girls, Magical-ish ones would go for guys)

That way the PA/MA Gender difference would be compensated and would be up to the player to decide whether to use a male caster with specialized perfume or a female one who has more MA.
So ur wid ur rival adn u were fighting den wen he beat u ur holy stone glowed and spoke, it told u "Your soul will unite with my flesh" den u tell ur rival dat but ur rival said "No, that's just an ordinary rock"
THEN WHO WAS STONE?

Zenius

November 02, 2009, 05:08:19 am #229 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zenius
Why not go along with the other FF games and call it Mega-Potion instead of ULTRAPOTION
Although Mega-Potion was essentially a Hi-Potion on everyone in your party, but whatever

iopyud

November 02, 2009, 06:47:26 am #230 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by iopyud
Z-Potion lol amirite?!1

*Crickets chirp*
THEN WHO WAS STONE?

Shade

November 02, 2009, 08:41:00 am #231 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Shade
Potions should be 40 hp/ 90 hp/ 200 hp and then ultrapotion that should give 300 hp. (ultrapotion would not be usable with auto potion, because of balance.)
Ethers 50 and 150
Elixir should heal ALL status, besides it's full heal on hp and mp
remedy should heal some more status, since it's not worth of 500 jp.
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

iopyud

November 02, 2009, 09:34:13 am #232 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by iopyud
Woah woah. We're using Ultrapotion in order to decrease the original potions' values because Auto Potion is a little broken.
That's the original story so increasing Pot, Hi Pot and X Pot's value is out.

My mages can frekin' tank.

I don't mind the 300 HP Ultra Pot. Sounds good, in fact.
Elixir too.
THEN WHO WAS STONE?

philsov

November 02, 2009, 09:39:58 am #233 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
Quote(ultrapotion would not be usable with auto potion, because of balance.)

Oh, where to begin.  First off, AP needs to be weaker, so, no.  30/50/90(maybe 100 for symetry's sake) scheme will probably occur.  ULTRAPOTION (name tba, it's all caps and poor name for sarcasm~) will heal for 200.  

All the single-status healing items (Antidote, eye drop, etc) are getting removed; Holy Water and Remedy will cover all the status-recovery bases, and will randomly heal between 1 and 150 health upon doing so.  Remedy/Holy Water will be getting JP and gil cost reduced.

This frees up some room (moreso without Wish potion) for the additional potion ability class, another level of ether, and then possibly a few other double-edged abilities I've been kicking around, like haste + poison and slow + protect.  Also considering a 50/50 Faith/Innocent potion, but I dunno about that one.  

QuoteOh and can Boco get a buff? Some people (me) keep him. Might as well reward them with something.

He's just a chocobo.  anything I do to him, I do to all yellow chocos.

iopyud

November 02, 2009, 09:50:51 am #234 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by iopyud
Damn. Can Chocobos get a boost then? They're like... the weakest monster class IMO. At least Goblins have Samuraish AoE, Status Skill and Falcon Punch...

People ride them. You can put bags on them... how about giving them Phoenix Down access and higher SP/HP or something... kind of like a support monster.

Anyway, whatever.

Regarding items:

That's great. Since you're taking out the single status healing items, I have a few suggestions (again) if you haven't finalized the replacements yet:

Potion 30
Hi pot 50
X Pot 100
ULTRAPOTION 200
UBERPOTION 400 (For late game?)
Mega Potion - OMFG IDEA STOLEN (AoE Heal like Cure)
Exploding Bottle - Antidote Sprite - Fire Elemental, weaker than Fire Ball but has knockback effect.
Weed - Echo Grass Sprite - Confusion Effect (50~80%)
Blind's worthless BTW. Is it getting a boost? Like... make enemies seem like they have Blade Grasp when you have this on but Blind won't last very long?

I hope we're not swaying too far from the original game........
THEN WHO WAS STONE?

Zenius

November 02, 2009, 11:18:59 am #235 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zenius
Blind isn't THAT worthless
It doubles your evade or something?

philsov

November 02, 2009, 11:28:00 am #236 Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 03:57:26 pm by philsov
QuoteCan Chocobos get a boost then?

I can keep them at their now absurd level of movement range, would make for kickass mounted troops.  But in terms of real stuff like abilities and health and crap?  Nah.

QuoteRegarding items:

Page 3 of this topic.  All formulas that work with item.  No aoe, no elemental, no sub-100% status.  

QuoteBlind's worthless

Context man, context.  Let's say I have Rat the ninja.  He's a good little ninja, with 20% class evasion and rocking double ninja swords, each with 10% evasion each.  If some young punk knight comes up and gets up in his face, Rat has a 64% chance to be hit.  Now lets say the punk ass knight is Blind.  Rat's now rocking 40% class evasion and double 20% weapons, and thus has a 38% chance to be hit.   This is no shield, no mantle scenario.  Nothing but the class and double weapons.  In fact, I may need to scale down these numbers even more if this sort of this keeps up >_>.

Archael

November 02, 2009, 11:39:01 am #237 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
You know, I have an idea for Blind

it involves the over-used Blind 2 graphic, but whatever

basically you make Oracle's Blind use the Blind 2 Graphic, and have it auto-target all enemies on the map. or you can just keep the old blind 1 graphic with auto target all enemy on map.. either works

this would increase it's usefulness while not having to mess with the status itself

this would make it a sort of weaker golem, basically a defensive global spell

Sephirot24

November 02, 2009, 01:35:35 pm #238 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Sephirot24
Reducing all 3 potions healing power and creating another potion like ULTRAPOTION sounds great. Nice idea Phil :)

See? We can do much better than "auto wish"

RavenOfRazgriz

November 02, 2009, 02:04:45 pm #239 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by RavenOfRazgriz
Quote from: "philsov"ULTRAPOTION (name tba, it's all caps and poor name for sarcasm~) will heal for 200.  

KEEP.  THAT.  NAME.

ULTRAPOTION

Desc: A REAL MAN'S POTION!  HEALS 200 HP!

Spell Quote: PAPER CUT, BEGONE!  ULTRAPOTION!  [new line] ...*Glug Glug Glug*

:D

Also, I'm not entirely sure I agree with Voldemort's idea for Blind.  Since everything has some Evasion via Innate Weapon Guard and Global C-EV, Blind seems like something that'd be far more useful even with just its 3-2 AoE, assuming I remember the exact effects of Blind correctly.