• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 02:41:15 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Change names of Spells from the PSX version

Started by Aelyat, December 05, 2022, 09:48:14 pm

Aelyat

Greetings! I have been going through the forum for some hours looking for a way to change the names of spells/abilities/and other text related things from the PSX Version to the WoTL revision. Change things like Fire 3 / Firaga and Guts as Mettle, and such changes from the 2007 version.. but I did not find a info related to this, so I decided to open a topic about it. Hope it's alright.
 After learning about the project of The Lion War, and all the nice bonus and changes from it, I decided to give it a try. It's amazing! As I would expect from the work and love that people had on this. Well done!
However, I really liked the text changes from WoTL, just from the opening scene at prologue the text from the psx seems weird to me, like it lacks some depth and re-translation they had from PSP version. Plus other small stuff, like mettle being guts (or vice-versa) and the Spell names ofc (wich was the reason I really wanted to change some of the texts while playing TLW version -- if that's possible without corrupting the game).
In case that this particular topic had had already be answered, I apologize.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
  • Discord username: Aelyat