• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Help with FFTpatcher Problem?

Started by finalfantasyfreak, December 14, 2011, 09:42:59 pm

finalfantasyfreak

So I used FFTPatcher to change some of the events and one was to make an enemy character join me. Everything was working perfectly on the game but when it got to the character join up screen the second i push a button the game crashes. Then I tried doing the parts where guest characters join me and it does the same thing! Any help would be appreciated.

formerdeathcorps

Which event is this?  Is this the PSX version or the PSP version?  Which unit are you trying to have join you?
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

finalfantasyfreak

December 14, 2011, 10:22:28 pm #2 Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 10:38:22 pm by finalfantasyfreak
Its happening for any event where the join up screen comes up. And the unit im trying to make join me is Gafgarion and ive done before on another computer no problem. Its PSX version. And if i use the disk the problem doesnt happen but the disk doesnt have the changes.

3lric

Quote from: finalfantasyfreak on December 14, 2011, 10:22:28 pm
Its happening for any event where the join up screen comes up. And the unit im trying to make join me is Gafgarion and ive done before on another computer no problem. Its PSX version. And if i use the disk the problem doesnt happen but the disk doesnt have the changes.

Are you playing this on an Emulator? which one?
Can you post you FFTP patch file here so i can take a look at it? did you only edit in FFTP or did you actually change something in an event?
  • Modding version: PSX

finalfantasyfreak

Im playing it on epsxe. And I didnt use a patch file i just patched the ISO directly. I directly edited Gafgarion in as a guest unit during the battle with Queklain and when it comes to the end of the battle the join up screen is there like it should be but the second i push a button the game crashes. Its doing it for any time the join up screen comes in, whether its someone i used invitation on or when one of the guest characters that normaly join you.

3lric

Quote from: finalfantasyfreak on December 14, 2011, 10:55:44 pm
Im playing it on epsxe. And I didnt use a patch file i just patched the ISO directly. I directly edited Gafgarion in as a guest unit during the battle with Queklain and when it comes to the end of the battle the join up screen is there like it should be but the second i push a button the game crashes. Its doing it for any time the join up screen comes in, whether its someone i used invitation on or when one of the guest characters that normaly join you.

You can still go into FFTPatcher after your iso is loaded and save your patch tho. Thats what I'm aksing you to do, and also I'm assuming you did this since at this point gafgarion is dead. But since your adding it to a boss battle this may cause an issue since no one is ever intended to join from that battle and so the event commands to run this part of the event may be causing the issue but i can't say for sure until i see your patch file

Something you could do to test this tho would be to move gafgarion joining to be on the next battle that isnt a boss battle, it could also be the version of gargarion you used, since there is a version for guest and a version for enemy
  • Modding version: PSX

finalfantasyfreak

Enough of all of your useless advice, i fixed the problem on my own!

GeneralStrife

Mando

I love the help section :D

Almost makes me wish there was a 4 day waiting period before you could post after you register :/

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!

Glain

Doesn't even mention how he fixed it either; that should be worth some kind of bonus points.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown