• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 01:00:38 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

ffta aio editor help

Started by Argos Egos, November 16, 2011, 08:41:35 am

Argos Egos

whenever i try to open my rom file in the ffta aio editor i get this error message:

Unhandled exception has occured in your application...

it then goes on to say that access to the path the editor is in is denied...

anyone know what to do?

Darthatron

Make sure the folder and ROM aren't set to read-only. And download the latest version here: http://darth.ffhacktics.com/app/AIO/

If the problem persists, let me know. And let me know what version of Windows you are using.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Darthatron

Argos Egos

i checked and the folder and its file are not read only.  They are .GBA files, apparently; i dont know if that has anything to do with it.  I've investigated a bit further and the error message says something about JIT debugging... btw I've got windows 7.

Thanks for the help!

Darthatron

November 16, 2011, 11:23:24 pm #3 Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 11:40:29 pm by Darthatron
If it's something like "System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Users\Darthatron\Documents\GBA\FFTA\FFTA.GBA' is denied." it means that the ROM can't be accessed for some reason. This is usually because the ROM is set to "Read Only" or maybe you don't have Admin Rights? Try right clicking the editor and selecting "Run as administrator" instead of just double clicking it.

No problem. :) Let me know if you're still having trouble.

The newest version now handles this error a little better.

Argos Egos

i tried running as admin but that didnt work. also, when i click on the properties of my ROM file, the selection boxes for the type of file are grayed out (i cant select read only or anything else for that matter) :(

Darthatron

Hmm.. I'll take a look after the weekend and see if I can work something out for you. Sorry for the problems.

Argos Egos

thanks a bunch.  it might just be some sort of derpy rom file. idk.  im just really anxious to get modding! :D

Darthatron

Maybe you could try moving the ROM/Editor to the desktop? I'm really quite lost as to how to help you. From what I can tell, it's all to do with your file editing permissions. There's nothing wrong with the ROM. Also make sure you don't have the ROM open in anything else as well.

Argos Egos

it works swimmingly now! thank you so much! :D

Darthatron

Let me know if anything else horrible happens. :)