• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 05:44:00 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Unit starts battle with some statuses on

Started by DrBreen, February 15, 2011, 09:38:44 am

DrBreen

Hello everyone,again.
Again i want to ask noobish question-is there a way to make unit start battle with some statuses on it but WITHOUT equipment causing this status?
For example,i need to add petrified super-boss in battle with easy opponents.
Is there a way to do this via FFTPatcher? Or i need to ASM this?

Dome

Edit his class and give him a starting status

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

DrBreen

Well,that was the first thing i thought.
But this is a problem-this unit shows not only in this battles. So,making him Start:petrified will affect whole game,and that=bad.
Is there a way to add status on him in only one battle?

philsov

February 15, 2011, 05:58:31 pm #3 Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 05:58:59 pm by philsov
sacrifice an item slot, make the item initial:petrify, and force it onto him for that fight.  I'd suggest stone gun but that may be way too much damage for when this battle occurs.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

RavenOfRazgriz

Better yet, duplicate the class of your super-boss and make the duplicate have Initial:Petrify if that class is meant to appear without Initial:Petrify later on in the game.  There's plenty of Job space you can do that in.

DrBreen

Thanks very much! This methods was obvious,but i didn't wanted to waste an item. But solution with job is better. So,if i would change some Bi-Count or Draclau job,it wouldn't mess up the scenes with them?
Teta have innate:dead,but scenes with her are ok,same will be with innate:petrify bicount,i think?

RavenOfRazgriz

You can just change Draclau's Job in the ENTD if that worries you.  Set them all to use, say, Ramza's Chapter 1 Job.  If they don't appear in battle, their job is irrelevant, so technically all those cutscene-only Jobs are empty spaces for you to use.

DrBreen

No-no-no,you misunderstood me because of my HORRIBLE English.
I meant,if i'll add Innate:Petrify to cutscene-only job,that wouldn't end up in a glitch like petrified Draclau in a scene when he transformes to Queklain?

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: DrBreen on February 16, 2011, 09:14:48 am
No-no-no,you misunderstood me because of my HORRIBLE English.
I meant,if i'll add Innate:Petrify to cutscene-only job,that wouldn't end up in a glitch like petrified Draclau in a scene when he transformes to Queklain?

I don't know.  I don't think the game applies anything like Statuses until the start of battle regardless of whether they're Always: or Initial:.

What I'm saying though is to just change Draclau's Job.  He doesn't NEED a unique job if he only appears in a cutscene.  If you're worried that may glitch, change Draclau's Job to something else for the cutscene, like my recommendation of Chapter 1 Ramza.  Doing that has no effect on him because you can force his Sprite to be Draclau regardless of his job.  You can literally gut the Jobs of every cutscene-only character in the game for your own devices.

DrBreen

Hm,this makes sense.
Ok,i'll do it that way.
Summarizing everything-it's possible only via editing unit's job. Doing it via ENTD is impossible.
Thanks,Dome and thanks,Raven!