• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

First Beta FFT Arena Tournament *Done*

Started by FFMaster, July 19, 2010, 06:57:14 am

Barren

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

logus

lol, don't worry about it damned. It gave me a good laugh. It's not like my team is working properly anyways, due to ability misplacement and guns. Just hope everyone gets the lesson (that I had, and forgot): better to limit your AI options, or your team isn't gonna work. And don't do magical guns on supports. EVER.
S3 Official Refresh Spammer

FFMaster

Updated first post with battles and scores.
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

The Damned

Just in case anyone didn't see them already, FFMaster posted the rest of Round 2.

Quote from: "FFMaster"Round 3 of Swiss
Skip Sandwich vs The Damned - map 30

By Odin, I'm screwed.

Team "Cursed with Awesome" fighting what might as well be termed Team "Blessed With Suck" will doubtless be a curbstomp battle. Well, at least we know that Masamune makes the computer completely stupid. That's valuable knowledge.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

R999

In the defense of AI's stupidity over certain spells like Masamune (Arena's rendition not vanilla), If you have Random status, especially if it is a buff with manipulated flags or Haste, make sure you flag Random Hits or the AI will think it is 100% both statuses (which gives it a higher priority boost than normal). Especially in the case of Regen, where if it is the AI's only healing option, it would try to use it. Regen is higher priority than Haste when allies are in low HP condition. The Random Hits flag while shifts the probabilities randomly, however, it tells the AI to check for random variables such as Random Panel and Random Status.

Barren

this time around my lancer's HP Restore triggered and more staying power was on display, GG Zaen. good match my friend

philsov

Quotemake sure you flag Random Hits

Wouldn't that also result in sporadic at best use?

But, that certainly does describe my last match -- nameless dance without random flags was acted upon first, and then the rest of my team of dancers moved and did absolutely nothing probably thinking everyone else would be effectively dead at 100%?
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

The Damned

Sporadic use is better than using it ad nauseum.

Also, I'm pretty sure your Dancers' interaction was largely because Death Sentence makes the AI completely stupid, even more dumb than Confusion does. And considering that's your wincon....

Quote from: "R999"In the defense of AI's stupidity over certain spells like Masamune (Arena's rendition not vanilla), If you have Random status, especially if it is a buff with manipulated flags or Haste, make sure you flag Random Hits or the AI will think it is 100% both statuses (which gives it a higher priority boost than normal). Especially in the case of Regen, where if it is the AI's only healing option, it would try to use it. Regen is higher priority than Haste when allies are in low HP condition. The Random Hits flag while shifts the probabilities randomly, however, it tells the AI to check for random variables such as Random Panel and Random Status.

This certainly explains why Masamune would be whored so much. I guess I just assumed that Random flag was on already. This is not the thread to ask in though.

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

philsov

QuoteAlso, I'm pretty sure your Dancers' interaction was largely because Death Sentence makes the AI completely stupid, even more dumb than Confusion does. And considering that's your wincon....

Nameless doesn't do death sentence. and no one was DS'd at the time.  I'm just talking straight opening move.

The Damned

Ah, I had thought you meant towards the end of that match since it happened at the end of the last match as well.. I misunderstood.

However, as you said, Nameless Dance doesn't inflict any "KO" statuses, despite Frog often being as good as a KO. Additionally, at the beginning of your first match, your first dancer moved to Nameless Dance and then other Nameless Dancer moved and did nothing followed by the two Last Dancers activating that ability.

Even if it's not Random and counting Confusion as a pseudo-KO (even though your Dancers have been rather zealous about knocking people out of Confusion, which is even stranger), that doesn't really explain the above conflict.

Hmm....

philsov

well tbh I'm going be to calling for a nerf to nameless and/or last song in some form or fashion by the end of this tourney, so the resulting nameless might not have this same conflict.  It'll take some toying with :)

Barren

well philsov, i guess we're the main event in round 3 of swiss. best of luck

The Damned

Quote from: "philsov"well tbh I'm going be to calling for a nerf to nameless and/or last song in some form or fashion by the end of this tourney, so the resulting nameless might not have this same conflict.  It'll take some toying with :)

I'm assuming that "song" is supposed to be "dance" considering that no one is even using a Bard (surprisingly).

Although I wouldn't be surprised if Nameless Song and Last Song should need a nerf too considering.

BaitySM

Hijacking FFM's future announcement of videos for the time being. I'm also going to be throwing the one-off prediction that FFM hasn't had time to even rename / add in a half-description. Probably due to external circumstances. Anyway:

Melancthon vs Kaz

Pride vs PX_Timefordeath

logus vs CT5Holy

Kaz

thanks for keeping the tourney moving baity.

whats he doing that has him so busy?
to hell with you mustadio haters

The Damned

With those three matches done, I guess that means my doom is next.

Oh well. FFMaster has good taste in music, so doom set to Chrono Trigger music or some such won't be so bad.

Quote from: "BaitySM"Hijacking FFM's future announcement of videos for the time being. I'm also going to be throwing the one-off prediction that FFM hasn't had time to even rename / add in a half-description. Probably due to external circumstances. Anyway:

Melancthon vs Kaz

Thanks for posting these Baity.

Damn, Kaz's archers do a disgusting amount of damage for their range, especially given the lack of movement.

I don't know what I find more odd: that the Lancer never tried to Jump or that he waltzed right up to people to try to skewer them with Dragon Whisker instead of staying two panels away.

QuotePride vs PX_Timefordeath

Despite PX's team not being able to catch a break (I know how difficult it is to think of feasible theme teams), it did a lot better against Pride's team (on a non-small map) than I thought it would. Everything pretty much went downhill after that really weird attempt at Stop that ended up doing nothing at all.

Quotelogus vs CT5Holy

Congrats to both sides (since I only said congrats to logus in my reply). Managed to be quite a good match contrary to how many people had dropped dead in the first two minutes.

Melancthon

Glad I held off on the smack-talk, considering my showing after the first fight.
Just a collaborator plotting collaboration.
"WHATS ST AJORA'S DEAL DUDE!?"

Barren

my team is maybe doing good so far but going up against philsov soon, i'm really the underdog in this one

FFMaster

Skip Sandwich vs The Damned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnjsJTWKe4Y
Zaen vs BaitySM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzAzDY0EzG8
philsov vs Barren
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rDL0st6lBU

Top players are:
philsov 3-0
Skip Sandwich 3-0
Kaz 3-0
Barren 2-1
Pride 2-1

So philsov, Skip, Kaz and the winner of Pride vs. Barren gets to go into single elimitation.
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢