• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 03:55:49 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Reks

I should upload Drunken Derping Party...
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Kurosabes

Ok, got 3 Halloween matches scheduled already. I really wanted to record on Halloween night but it'll have to wait until tomorrow
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Kurosabes#0312

Heroebal

November 01, 2015, 01:53:35 am #4602 Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 01:59:31 am by Heroebal
Next Set of Battle Royal FFT Arena Matches:

Battle Royal Match #13: Winner of Match #12 vs Rek's (Till Death Do Us Part) - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YExtfHWAkVo

Battle Royal FFT Arena Match #14: Winner of Match #13 vs Rouroni Elmdor (no foolin') - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2-Bk-JJKHA

Battle Royal FFT Arena Match #15: Winner of Match #14 vs Shintroy (with haste) - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC7xU7CvcCA

Hopefully the sound's better this go around, I'll try to use a different sound plugin for next set. I think it's mainly my headset/background noise though. I tried to add some music on the first video, not sure how to add multiple clips of music with youtube editor and reposition it. I was able to do one clip of music and position to start of 1st map, but don't know how to do that with multiple clips of music w/o all the clips just starting from the beginning of the video.

Commentary might be a little rough on the last match, had ppl trying to "disrupt" me in the background.

Luckily my squad was able to avoid the incoming status effects from DW's unlike that 2nd round, my own hawk eyes got used against me there. Then hawk's eye was able to close it out eventually for the 3rd round. No meatbone slashes though :/, I think there was one failed attempt at balance also iirc . GG

Shintroy

SP Boosting Mime vs Death
I highly doubt Reks's death team being able to take out my squire and two hand thief with the two cursed ring units around. Awful match up for Reks on paper due to speed advantage and two units absorbing dark.

R1 - The map favors Reks due to my team having no range, but medium/large sized maps also means I get haste and at least a 11 speed mime. Really slow start, missed deaths followed by a charm... followed by three OHKOs with death and raise 2. Completely forgot about raise 2. Still though, with Reks's chemist at my side there was no way for Reks to comeback. Could've thrown in the towel when the thief and mime reached 16+ speed. Decapitate  wasn't going to reliably land due to AGI and agility having high evasion.

R2 - Another 5v3 featuring Reks's squire this time. At least the match didn't drag on this time.

GG. MVP goes to the squires. Good luck to my future opponents.

Removed the previous post with the Halloween team since it was just for WKW's Halloween matches.
Some day my people will be free.

Andrew

Sorry, I will have to stop doing matches for a while.  Thanks for watching!

Kurosabes

No problem Andrew. You've actually done more matches than I have in total, in such a short amount of time too.

Happy Halloween (pretend it is still October 31st while you watch this)
FFT Arena 1.39c - Halloween Confrontations

Featured matches:
31 Days Later (Shintroy) vs We Love The Undead (Mudvayne)
Knights of the Living Dead (Heroebal) vs Cursed Dancers (Corosar)
Treats and Tricks (dw6561) vs Halloweenies (twistedmime009)

For the exact times each match starts, click 'Show more' in the video description.

Elmdork

Thanks guys for running stuff! Really appreciate that gauntlet, haven't seen one of those in ages. Sorry if i'm slow to respond, been moving all weekend and just started a new job, so i barely have time to even watch let alone give my thoughts on everything. Rest assured, i'll watch them all eventually throughout the week.

The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

silentkaster

Quote from: Rouroni Elmdor on November 02, 2015, 04:41:16 pm
Thanks guys for running stuff! Really appreciate that gauntlet, haven't seen one of those in ages. Sorry if i'm slow to respond, been moving all weekend and just started a new job, so i barely have time to even watch let alone give my thoughts on everything. Rest assured, i'll watch them all eventually throughout the week.

Congrats on new job!! Hope you're all settled in and enjoying it all!

If any recorder has time, may I request a match with my two newest teams?
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

twistedmime009

The Halloween gauntlet!
Congrats on your victory dw6561! :mrgreen:
My team did better than expected(especially Shock and Oggie Boogie)but your samurai and your white mage's powerful attacks put alot of pressure on my chemist to revive my team and my thief kept running into the heat of battle,only to catch a holy to the face,(which he took surprisingly well)but none the less thank you for the great battle :mrgreen:
butter toast,butter toast,butter toast -ed

dw6561

That thief and the wizard both had the potential to be very deadly for my team. If it weren't for that Mimic Daravon putting the wizard to sleep before she could cast anything while under faith...ouch. I think part of what did me in on round two was the poison and me not being able to get around on the map. Good match!
This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.

dw6561

Quote from: TrueLight on November 03, 2015, 12:23:42 pm
FFT Arena 1.39C - Twistedmime009 (Le Nerds) vs. Dw6561 (Engineering Nonsense)

Another good match. It was certainly entertaining with the mime, although I was hoping for more reflect shinedigans. twistedmime009's wizard did a good job standing up to the assault of thunder flares and holies, and if she were to have gotten a full party spell (especially fire because of the oil proc) or a counter magic it would have been pretty nasty. GG buddy.
This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.

Heroebal

November 04, 2015, 12:00:06 am #4612 Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 12:09:39 am by Heroebal
I really liked the uniqueness of that set up with the dancer and 3 mimes mimicking the status loss. Luckily my team was able to the weather the storm and pull through in the end. Ironically I thought I would have more of an advantage on the small map as oppose to the bigger ones due to being able to reach her team before too many stats being loss. 

Battle Royal FFT Arena Match #16: Winner of Match #15 vs Lakitu673 (Lady Killers) - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebLkWuMgyws

Battle Royal FFT Arena Match #17: Winner of Match #16 vs TrueLight (Vortex) - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO-E_PdLGSs

Battle Royal FFT Arena Match #18: Winner of Match #17 vs White Knight Wiegraf (Kakumeiki) - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQG6XXRXOTo

Sound should be better in these ones I think, I was able to adjust them using audacity. Just have a minute electricity sound I have to figure out how to remove still, better than the other noise I believe though.

Shintroy

I'll comment on the next 6 matches so there's no way of telling if I'm commenting on my own matches or not. No spoilers that way since I'll probably end up commenting matches that aren't my own.

SP Boosting Mime vs Tanky Team (?)

Tanky teams usually don't do well against with haste unless they have status and speed.

R1 - Bad map for me. My thief's too likely to rush in and get wrecked. Plus Lakitu has a ranged unit against my mainly all melee team. Yup. I got wrecked this one. Didn't even make it past the choke-point.

R2 - Should've been over after my thief got charmed. Down to a single unit but made a comeback somehow. I was too hyped to type while watching this round. Great comeback due to SP,  and GJ to Lakitu to almost 2-0ing this team.

R3 - I should probably give my mime a chakra band since he'd make for a good distraction unit. Great start for Lakitu taking out the mime. Wish vs the undead unit? This has to be a death flag for arena matches, because every time a team wastes turns using wish to damage it turns out badly for them.

GG. I'm still all for taking out SP boosting skills.

SP Boosting Mime vs ??
Wierd bunch of units for a Truelight team. I don't think the paladin will be much of a factor so I'll probably have a slight advantage going into this.

R1 - Biggest map possible so I should win this with all the quickenings I'll get. If the mime mimics all quickenings then he gets to 16 speed, 20 with haste. Anyway Truelight takes the lead despite the speed advantage. Berserk on my squire? to make her go after the Paladin? I see what you did there Truelight. Sick concept.

R2 - Even start, but my team's speed advantage actually mattered on this map. Really smart mime AI in this round. The mime chose not to go after critical units when he had the thieves CT lined up after his. Happened multiple times so it wasn't a fluke.

R3 - Pretty even start. First blood to Truelight, but..... my thief got berserked. This won't end well for Truelight. Two quick KOs followed by Truelight stuck in a sandbag loop... followed by... more SP boosting. This should be over.

GG. It was a really close match. I definitely have to update this team. I'll update it after it loses though.

SP Boosting Mime vs Multi Element, White Magic Mime
Always great to see this team. I think this is the only time white magic mime has been used in 139's history. If not then it's the only successful white magic mime I know of.

R1 - Intense round with the counter flood  and silence/blind proccing from blizzard on my two most important units. The blind slows down the round pretty badly and lets WKW come back. 10 minutes in probably and all units are still up. Not what I expected in this match up at all. I finally manage  to close it out when the mime gets taken out. MVP goes to WKW's mime this round. Very good round.

R2 - Really good map for WKW. He gets Kamaitachi this time which gives him don't act. We might see a lot of silf and counter flood disabling my team. Really good start for WKW with the double silf kill. Shuts down the mimening early making this round an even match at the start. 10+ minutes of a sandbag loop combined with WkW's mime wasting all of her turns charging makes this a long match. We finally get to see a the rare mimic comet, but by that time it's already over.

GG. 30 minute match and only 2 rounds. Brutal. I hope you're not too bored commentating this team Heroebal. This team's pretty boring when it isn't steam rolling. Thanks for recording all the matches so far. Keep up the good work

Sound's great this time Heroebal. GJ fixing it.

I actually commented and posted on this yesterday but I think I accidentally opened a link in the arena tab instead of in a new window.

Surprised my team managed to take a round off of silentkaster because damn I did not have an answer for that archer. My team got absolutely murdered by that unit alone. Pretty brutal stuff.

GG. The comment I accidentally deleted was much longer. I wish I did a brain eating zombie team. Berserk Blood Sword or something. Maybe a team called shoot them in the head? Archers and Berserked 2H Blood Sword units. Until next Halloween I guess.
Some day my people will be free.

silentkaster

Quote from: Shintroy on November 04, 2015, 02:44:29 am
I'll comment on the next 6 matches so there's no way of telling if I'm commenting on my own matches or not. No spoilers that way since I'll probably end up commenting matches that aren't my own.

SP Boosting Mime vs Tanky Team (?)

Tanky teams usually don't do well against with haste unless they have status and speed.

R1 - Bad map for me. My thief's too likely to rush in and get wrecked. Plus Lakitu has a ranged unit against my mainly all melee team. Yup. I got wrecked this one. Didn't even make it past the choke-point.

R2 - Should've been over after my thief got charmed. Down to a single unit but made a comeback somehow. I was too hyped to type while watching this round. Great comeback due to SP,  and GJ to Lakitu to almost 2-0ing this team.

R3 - I should probably give my mime a chakra band since he'd make for a good distraction unit. Great start for Lakitu taking out the mime. Wish vs the undead unit? This has to be a death flag for arena matches, because every time a team wastes turns using wish to damage it turns out badly for them.

GG. I'm still all for taking out SP boosting skills.

SP Boosting Mime vs ??
Wierd bunch of units for a Truelight team. I don't think the paladin will be much of a factor so I'll probably have a slight advantage going into this.

R1 - Biggest map possible so I should win this with all the quickenings I'll get. If the mime mimics all quickenings then he gets to 16 speed, 20 with haste. Anyway Truelight takes the lead despite the speed advantage. Berserk on my squire? to make her go after the Paladin? I see what you did there Truelight. Sick concept.

R2 - Even start, but my team's speed advantage actually mattered on this map. Really smart mime AI in this round. The mime chose not to go after critical units when he had the thieves CT lined up after his. Happened multiple times so it wasn't a fluke.

R3 - Pretty even start. First blood to Truelight, but..... my thief got berserked. This won't end well for Truelight. Two quick KOs followed by Truelight stuck in a sandbag loop... followed by... more SP boosting. This should be over.

GG. It was a really close match. I definitely have to update this team. I'll update it after it loses though.

SP Boosting Mime vs Multi Element, White Magic Mime
Always great to see this team. I think this is the only time white magic mime has been used in 139's history. If not then it's the only successful white magic mime I know of.

R1 - Intense round with the counter flood  and silence/blind proccing from blizzard on my two most important units. The blind slows down the round pretty badly and lets WKW come back. 10 minutes in probably and all units are still up. Not what I expected in this match up at all. I finally manage  to close it out when the mime gets taken out. MVP goes to WKW's mime this round. Very good round.

R2 - Really good map for WKW. He gets Kamaitachi this time which gives him don't act. We might see a lot of silf and counter flood disabling my team. Really good start for WKW with the double silf kill. Shuts down the mimening early making this round an even match at the start. 10+ minutes of a sandbag loop combined with WkW's mime wasting all of her turns charging makes this a long match. We finally get to see a the rare mimic comet, but by that time it's already over.

GG. 30 minute match and only 2 rounds. Brutal. I hope you're not too bored commentating this team Heroebal. This team's pretty boring when it isn't steam rolling. Thanks for recording all the matches so far. Keep up the good work

Sound's great this time Heroebal. GJ fixing it.

I actually commented and posted on this yesterday but I think I accidentally opened a link in the arena tab instead of in a new window.

Surprised my team managed to take a round off of silentkaster because damn I did not have an answer for that archer. My team got absolutely murdered by that unit alone. Pretty brutal stuff.

GG. The comment I accidentally deleted was much longer. I wish I did a brain eating zombie team. Berserk Blood Sword or something. Maybe a team called shoot them in the head? Archers and Berserked 2H Blood Sword units. Until next Halloween I guess.

Shintroy, it was Mudvayne's team you fought, not mine. But I agree with you...that archer was making your units miserable, unfortunately. Those maps are good for archers and they can just rain down arrows from high ground.

silentkaster

Thanks for the match, TrueLight!

Wow. Well, I guess that's what I wanted the team to do. Poor Reks...I feel bad about that one. It did show me how one dimensional my team is though...if I came across Chakra Band or Diamond Armor, they'd have a lot more trouble. Thinking about trying to integrate breaks and/or DS to the mix without it veering. The female oracle might be able to be an Archer with Steal and then I'd have some solid damage as well as breaks. Something to think about anyway...GG Reks.

Heroebal

Battle Royal FFT Arena #19: Winner of Match #18 vs CT5Holy (Delay Busters) - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYyQwXTA6ww

Battle Royal FFT Arena #20: Winner of Match #19 vs Reinoe (The Meds) - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maPyRAkYPyI

Battle Royal FFT Arena Match #21: Winner of Match#20 vs DW6561 (Multi Cast) - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCQq_rijrmM

1st match has some issues with sound @9:20ish on the 1st round had a weird noise pop in don't know where it came from I tried to reduce it as best I can and sound fades out towards the end of 2nd round not sure why. The rest should be fine sound wise except for some electricity type noise.

Corosar

Quote from: White Knight Wiegraf on November 02, 2015, 12:49:45 am
No problem Andrew. You've actually done more matches than I have in total, in such a short amount of time too.

Happy Halloween (pretend it is still October 31st while you watch this)
FFT Arena 1.39c - Halloween Confrontations

Featured matches:
31 Days Later (Shintroy) vs We Love The Undead (Mudvayne)
Knights of the Living Dead (Heroebal) vs Cursed Dancers (Corosar)
Treats and Tricks (dw6561) vs Halloweenies (twistedmime009)

For the exact times each match starts, click 'Show more' in the video description.

this is the team i really want to make great! I know its very gimicky but i can see some good potential from a group like this if i can get figure out everything for it. might need a mage or something on the team but from what i heard dances cancel out casting so.... its more a uphill battle with this one.

I will like to state that when it was working well on the second map... its friggen scary. i think i saw one character lose 6 MA during the entirety of the fight... that would break a mage! sadly though its the distance game where they faulter... and i need to find a solution to that... most distance characters are either archers... or mages... still great match thank you very much! and GG herobal! great info was delved from this one!
Time for a new season!

V 1.4.1 W/L: 3 / 7
V 1.4 W/L: 3 / 14.5
V 1.39 W/L: 13.25 / 22

Kurosabes

What you've heard was probably something related to the Mime. If a Mime charges something, but before said thing resolves, an ally does anything, the Mime will mimic that action and "forget" what it was doing beforehand. But any non-Mime caster is completely fine. You can have casters and dancers together if you want :)