Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!
Started by evilGalo, September 10, 2023, 03:46:02 pm
Quote from: Leonarth on September 11, 2023, 05:28:13 amUse your favorite plain text editor to edit "ROM Buildfile.event".It's just a text file.To comment out a line, add "//" in front of it, and delete the "//" in front if you want to do the opposite.
QuoteIf I want to use an option, should I remove "//" at the beginning of each option? And if I want to disable an option, should I add the "//" at the beginning of the option?
QuoteAfter that, do I use MAKE_HACK.cmd to apply the changes to the rom? I don't need use Event Assambly at all?
QuoteAnd another question, after Patching the rom with the mods I want, can I apply another ups/ips Patch on the rom with your hacks?
Quote from: Leonarth on September 15, 2023, 06:06:49 amYeah, that's it. Any "//" after the first one are there for actual comments written for humans to read, as opposed to commented out instructions for Event Assembler.You run MAKE_HACK.cmd and it runs Event Assembler for you, as well as anything else that needs to run.No. You cannot blindly apply a patch like that to a modified ROM because the patch will try to write to specific places in the file, which may now have been changed. If you tried to do this your patching application would probably warn you that the file does not match what is expected by the patch file.In order to combine patches like this you can either recreate them in event format or make sure there's no conflicts (either because there just weren't any to begin with, or because you modified the events in order to avoid them), neither of which is very straightforward to do.You can turn an .ups patch into an event file with a tool called CUPS, but even then you'd have to check for conflicts by adding PROTECT statements and such. The source for CUPS is available, so one could modify it so that it generates PROTECT automatically, in which case you'd simply need to include it first in the buildfile for it to either work or throw an error if there's a conflict, so I guess that'd be the straightforward solution, if someone went and did it.
Quote from: undefinedIn the file it mentions that when a unit spawns, it does so with predetermined stats but with the average stats [...] does that mean that when a unit levels up it does so with the highest possible stats?
Quote from: undefinedAlso, will those stats be the same regardless of the job?
Quote from: undefinedOr will they only be the same when they are the same job and will they vary from one job to another?
Quote from: undefinedIt also says that the maximum level goes to be 99, but that's also for enemies, right?
Quote from: Leonarth on September 16, 2023, 12:39:31 pmThe stats will be average for the job the unit spawned as, and they will remain the average when leveling up, not the lowest, not the highest. Let's use soldier as an example:Soldier has an HP growth of 8.4, a soldier that spawns at level 1 would normally get an extra 8 hp, with a 40% chance to get another point (and so 60% to not get more than 8 points). A soldier spawning at level 2 would normally get 16 extra hp, with a 16% chance to get 2 more points and a 48% chance to get 1 extra point instead (so, 36% chance to not get anything over the guaranteed 16).If your unit is unlucky they can keep missing these extra points, if they are lucky then they'll be extra buff instead, the difference in hp between two soldiers of the same level (that have never had a different job) can be as high as their level.With the hack it no longer works that way. Instead, at level 1 the soldier would get 8 points, always, and the 0.4 is essentially saved for the future. At level 2, the soldier would get another 8 points (so, 16 total), we add the 0.4 to the reserve, so we are sitting on 0.8 extra points now. By level 3 the soldier gets yet another 8 points, and another 0.4 leftover points, which brings the leftovers up to 1.2, so the soldier gets an extra point and the reserves go down to 0.2. This way there will never be a difference in hp for two soldiers that have never had a different job.As a different example, if you had a level 1 soldier you would get a 0.4 of hp saved for future level ups, if you now change jobs to paladin and level up, since paladin has a 7.6 hp growth, we would add 0.6 to the reserve, which comes up to 1 and so the reserve goes down to 0 and an extra point is granted.Or at least that's how I remember designing it.The stats a unit spawns with are 100% based on the job they spawn as, so... No?The stats depend on the job.If they spawn as the same job, at the same level, they'll have the same stats, if they spawn as different jobs then they won't have the same stats, even if you change their jobs to match after having recruited them.The game makes no difference between spawning and leveling up, when a unit spawns at level 50 it just spawns and goes up 50 levels one by one. If you change jobs then you change the level up bonuses a unit can get, but you do not change the points they already got.Sure.
Page created in 0.012 seconds with 22 queries.