• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 08:43:07 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

FFH helps fight Muscular Dystrophy!

Started by Bastard Poetry, February 27, 2009, 01:04:23 am

Dominic NY18

March 02, 2009, 01:24:43 am #20 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dominic NY18
Finally, some good news this weekend. I'm touched. Thanks.

Cheetah

March 02, 2009, 01:37:08 am #21 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Sorry to be slightly off topic but: Dominic, what on earth is your avatar all about with the numbers?
Current Projects:

SentinalBlade

March 02, 2009, 01:39:45 am #22 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
ya BP, sho hem yer l33t skels wit teh interwebz

i like BP, eh pisses off regional managers and doesnt afraid of anything

@dominic

Yea, me celdia nad a few others see you change it every so often...

we've come to the conclusion that you are a bomb, and the numbers area countdown.

Kokojo

March 02, 2009, 03:23:04 am #23 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kokojo
hahaha awesome BP. Thanks for the Kokojowned thing ^^
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Dominic NY18

March 02, 2009, 12:04:08 pm #24 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dominic NY18
SB, what kind of countdown increments? LMAO.

Seriously though, the numbers are NYC Subway icons for each route. I wanted to make a new avatar, but the combined forces of "college" and "procrastination" mean that I haven't done a damn thing to start on it yet. So until then, I was using different routes as my avatar (usually routes that hadn't pissed me off recently).

I decided last week sometime to start from the 1 train and just go through all of them in order, switching every few days. Keep an eye out for a special 6 in the next few days.

Archael

March 02, 2009, 02:49:48 pm #25 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
if you set up a paypal I will deffo send

Archael

March 02, 2009, 03:31:16 pm #26 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
BP you mind putting one with the name Rain4h on there? You remember Terra don't you?

she's a very good friend of mine who's long battle with cancer just took a turn for the worst and it no longer looks like she's going to make it or just establish a paypal and I'll send the money myself

Bastard Poetry

March 02, 2009, 07:22:48 pm #27 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bastard Poetry
That's really sad to hear. I do know of her, from her posts on youtube and such and the dedication vids you made for her when she went to the hospital. Be sure to give her my best.

Well, I am definitely opening up my old paypal account. I didn't actually intend to make the Spam board a place for raising money for a fundraiser, but Piercewise has offered to completely match the donations that I have made, so it's on now. I'm not sure how to go about moving this topic to General and replacing "CoK" with "FFH" in the title, since it's looking more and more like a community thing.

In the first week, our store only made about $60. There are 4 weeks left, and the goal is to raise $800 in order to send one kid to a camp for treatment. People in this town are either extremely cold (lots of college kids who think Jerry's Kids are "retards"), extremely worried about their own money in this economy (which is fair, but I've managed to deal, by merely tacking on another $1 green every time I buy cigarettes) or extremely addicted to scratch tickets.

This really means a lot to me, thanks Voldemort!
Final Fantasy Tactics - Thief SSCC:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL73FB72C01D917FD6&feature=viewall

(Fully recorded LP; successes, failures, and most things inbetween)

Bastard Poetry

March 02, 2009, 07:45:41 pm #28 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bastard Poetry
Oh, and I'll have the paypal thing set up later tonight. I have to go to work for a few hours right now, so I won't have time to hunt down the old password/guess which email I set it with/answer security questions/etc until I get home.

Bastard Poetry

March 03, 2009, 01:52:15 am #29 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bastard Poetry
Chaumel, Kuraudo Sutoraifu and AngrySurprisedFace added to the wall.

I'll set up the paypal tomorrow. Need sleep, desperately.

DarthPaul

March 03, 2009, 02:09:36 pm #30 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
I bought 146 clovers last year when we(my friends and I) where trying to out do each other.

I lost to my friend Neo who bought 573.

I think he clinched his win with that number.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Bastard Poetry

March 03, 2009, 02:42:46 pm #31 Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 02:43:15 am by Bastard Poetry
A few years ago, when I was the Asst. Mgr. of another gas station, we raised about $1550 due to our competitive spirits. Of that, I'd say a good 500 or so were mine, but that was just good selling tactics--little things like guilt trips and death threats. I'm working that angle again now, but it's tougher in this economy. Also, it turns out, the fundraiser ends on the 18th, so we only have 3 weeks left.

Competition is a powerful motivator. I think that's cool as fuck that you guys DONATED with that idea, because I sure as hell couldn't afford to match what you contributed last year, ph33rbot.

After that job, I worked for a couple of years at a much, much better job, making $15 an hour, and I was in a better position to donate. However, most of that money ended up paying for the 6 months we lived in Ireland, so alas, I forgot to donate to anything. Well, that's not true. I did donate my '96 Cadillac DeVille Concours to charity, but that was because the damned head gasket a'sploded. Kind of a lame donation, really; a pretty car that doesn't work. But I'm sure some sick kid out there will love pretending to drive it.

Her name was Madame Renee Pelagie de Montreille de Sade. I fucking miss her.

I'm just typing out loud, now. Those car threads had me thinking about her.

Today is an incredibly busy day for me. I shouldn't even be here right now, because I have a full load of classes today, and this little break I have right now is supposed to be devoted to catching up on work for the next class. After that, I have an 8 hour shift, and will likely hit the sack early tonight in order to catch up on sleep. Oh, and holy shit, I should play with m'CoK too, at some point. So it may take a bit for me to get that paypal set up, but I will get it done soon.

gojoe

March 03, 2009, 02:42:51 pm #32 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by gojoe
you guys can donate to my paypal if you wanted
I never learn from my mistakes.

Bastard Poetry

March 03, 2009, 02:44:38 pm #33 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bastard Poetry
Damn it, men, the poor fella needs MOAR WHITE TEA!

gojoe

March 03, 2009, 04:51:01 pm #34 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by gojoe
Quote from: "Bastard Poetry"Damn it, men, the poor fella needs MOAR WHITE TEA!

yes........... more...........
I never learn from my mistakes.

DarthPaul

March 03, 2009, 05:19:26 pm #35 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
BP, the only reason I could afford to donate that much is because I was in high school.

I worked there for 2 years and each year donated at least a weeks pay to Jerry's Kids.

The first year because I was nice, and the second year was because Neo started working there and decided to make a competition of it.

Plus it is fun to come up with over 150 funny names to put on them instead of working.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Bastard Poetry

March 04, 2009, 01:14:21 am #36 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bastard Poetry
ph33rbot, you're awesome.

Update: Added Shotgunnova, billygoten and Alakran (aka Tiger the Cat).

Basically, any time a customer leaves their change behind (which accumulates) or anytime they buy one and say "go ahead and write whatever name you want," I add more. Also, any time one of my coworkers buy one, they often give them to the FFH wall.

I may have to start moving them to a bigger wall soon.

brb paypal password hunt

Bastard Poetry

March 04, 2009, 02:10:15 am #37 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bastard Poetry
Okay. God damn it.

Paypal has apparently BANISHED ME or some shit. None of my email accounts receive their "lost password" email. None of my passwords work. None of my phone numbers or addresses work for verification. My attempt to start a new account ended with "This bank account information you have entered is already used by another customer (ME MOTHERFUCKERS!!)"

So.

We're going to use my wife's paypal account. She said it's alright, and she'll transfer whatever monies you donate over to our mutual savings, where I can transfer it to my checking account and, effectively, buy some fuckin' shamrocks in your honor!

Send me a PM if you would like to donate, and I will give you the directions. (I'm hesitant to post my wife's email address publicly, you understand).

EDIT: I'll go ahead and email Piercewise, Voldemort and Cheetah now, because all three of you have expressed an interest in donating.

DarthPaul

March 04, 2009, 09:18:02 am #38 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Quote from: "Bastard Poetry"ph33rbot, you're awesome.

It sucks being jobless though as I had to give up a new mem stick for my psp to donate this year. And the donation was only a mere $30.

But god works in mysterious ways. My father bought me said new memstick for detailing his car.

CidIII

March 05, 2009, 12:24:18 am #39 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by CidIII
Why would you be afraid to give out your wife's email here?

I don't understand.
I refuse to play Final Fantasy Tactics again until I am able to do my FF6 patch! And, FFT 1.3 doesn't technically count as FFT: so there!