• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:59:53 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Jon's Sprites

Started by Jon, December 09, 2009, 05:15:18 am

dwib

It is better looking now, although it needs work... namely it needs shading on the gold outline of the coat as that looks really flat. Also have the coat hang down further rather than flare out to the side. Otherwise it is not too bad, would prefer a hat to get rid of the strong Agrias vibe though

jimmyjw88

Yeah, looks better but what dwib said; gold trim. For the legs, use Female Thief as what mav suggested or Balmafula.
Good luck.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

mav

In retrospect, I'd go with Balmafula: the female Thief's legs look really dainty. This version is a little better, but it looks flat.

Kagebunji

Do as everyone sid (I'm with Mav on balmafula legs), and try changing hair and face to sumthin other, you can try some of Zozma"s sprites hair, they are awesome.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Jon

Just to start, those are the female Thief's legs with Agrias shoes minus the black outline in parts. About the coat, Dwib has a point with the coat length (I knew the yellow/gold trim was flat, this was just a very quick version, about 15 minutes). But it seems that the concern here are the legs, I will try to make tomorrow(no time now, sorry) a new version with Balmafula so y'all can compare. Just have a question: is the coat, skirt and upper body flat? Keep in mind that I did not change any shading...
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Jon

I made these a while ago but never posted them, but I guess people on here have already done this sort of thing many times by now:

Blue River Chocobo

Green Mountain Chocobo

I know, this probably won't help anyone, unless you really want more chocobos or you can't figure out how to swap colors in any art program XD
(I should really be working on my Agrias Cannoneer...)

Smash

I could try making a base, but then it'd be hard to replicate due for being custom..

And I suck making sprite fusions, tbh.

The irony.

mav

Good stuff, Jon. I like the color choices, but they may be a tad bit too bright for Chocobos. A lot of members have embarked on making new monster palettes, few have done well.

Jon

Thanks for the kind words Mav, but really isn't this actually about as simple as it gets? I think I made these right after male Cannoneer, don't remember...but if anyone ever wants recoloring of existing sprites, I can always do that in about 2 minutes, so just request it here...and yeah they are a bit bright, but should be fine in game...

Also, Smash, don't worry about it, I just need a bit of time ;) Can you do the final work on the male Cannoneer please? I think it is just about finished as is...but a touch of Smashiness will make it legendary (just like the portrait is now)...btw, is that a mountain under your signature?

mav

Quote from: "Jon"Thanks for the kind words Mav, but really isn't this actually about as simple as it gets?
One would think so, but picking appropriate colors and applying them well isn't always a priority for people.

Jon

Haven't done anything new for a while, and I realised that the Cannoneer never really was 100% finished to post, because I never added a powder bag on all the poses. So here is a final version without the bag, because some people might want a pirate character and this would serve probably as a great base, and adding a powder bag is easy enough for those people who really want one. Consider this project now closed, if anyone wants to edit/improve this or use this in a patch, please be my guest ;)

jimmyjw88

March 12, 2010, 05:26:28 pm #311 Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 06:12:45 pm by jimmyjw88
For now, my only request is change the side view. His back is too straight. If you look back at my attempt, I fixed that. So, I hope you'll fix that, Jon.

EDIT: You fixed it previously. So, fix this too, since its final.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Bloodthirster0

also Jon,you forgot to apply the changes to many frames,look at the water walking,attacking bodies,damaging,charging and dead(not sure about ths one)
Need something useful to write here

Smash

Might I mention the hat on the back poses?

I might do, but college keeps hammering me down.

Jon

Thats my reason why I am finishing this up now, because I have a ton of school time. I see some mistakes too, might change them soon :)

edit: I hear ya Bloodthirster, but I think some of those poses are fine, because I tested it in Shishi (and it is type 2...) but thanks for the heads up. I'll see what I can do.

edit #2: Okay, I was sorta lazy and dont want to change the trim of the coat on the water walking frames, because now I dont have any time. I changed some small things that were wrong, like the side frame and one of the shoes didnt have the yellow color...so here is now the final final version (even though there might still be final final final versions coming out in the future.)

mav

I may be able to get some palettes working, but it's gonna take me a little while. Expect them some time next week.

Jon

Sounds good and cool, thanks Mav :)

edit: Out of boredom, and now that I have a smidge of free time next week, I was thinking of taking Orlandu and turning him into some kind of a Jedi Knight, because I am a huge Star Wars fan. Maybe I should figure out how to change weapons graphics and get a simple Lightsaber going too...if anyone knows how to change the weapons please tell me how in detail...I tried once to make a sniper rifle and failed when I reinserted the weapon spritesheet...

Jon

Well, it certainally has been some time that I posted anything, so here are 2 new things I made. First, the Lightsaber made practically only from Save the Queen's weapon icon (I had a reference of a saber handy):

Moving on now to this, it is not FFT, rather Final Fantasy 4(or 5 for that matter), a Cannoneer for the overworld, if anyone knows what I am rambling about. This actually took a while to make believe it or not, because I had to think in 32x32 pixels and I am quite pleased with it ;) Enjoy:

Kagebunji

I saw this lightsaber somewhere before, I can swear. You better work on sprites again!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Jon

The Lightsaber was posted but then Zodiac changed the site somehow and that post got deleted. You probably saw it right before that happened, Kage.