• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 08:25:52 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Kagebunji's sprites- Moving on...

Started by Kagebunji, August 04, 2009, 02:29:37 pm

dwib

Try to use a darker skin tone on his forehead (on the sprite) to show the scar a little bit also

Kagebunji

Ok Dwib, thanks for tip, I actually never thought about it, I was thinking it was too small detail, but what you say make sense. Also, I tried Zalbag's hair, it looks too big and just do not fit, the current one is better to be honest :/.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

jimmyjw88

Sorry about that Kage. I'm too busy working. No time to sprite/portrait. I'll try to get some time to finish that port.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

mav

Did you try using Zalbag's entire head?

Kagebunji

Ofcourse Mav, I never use only hair cause I know it will look bad, no a newb I am after all :P

It is okay Jimmy, I was kiddin myself, I suppose when you don't add emoticon, the whole post looks serious hehe. Thanks for not ditching it though.

mav

I figured as much, Kage, but I figured I'd ask anyway. That sucks though, cause Zalbag's head would have been perfect. The shading on his chin is terrible, but if there's no way it'd work then we'll have to look elsewhere.

Kagebunji

Wait, I'm lost, we talk portrait or sprite now? If about port, then no worries, I may have something in stock. If about sprite, then I will take another try using other base, Cannonner was a bad base, he isn't executed well since it was one of first sprites.

mav

I was talking about the sprite, not the portrait. Leave the portrait off till the end, if possible.

Smash

Quote from: "Kagebunji"If about port, then no worries, I may have something in stock.
Hmmm...

:more:

Kagebunji

April 02, 2010, 08:33:26 am #1209 Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 11:28:24 am by Kagebunji
Some may still remeber my old Guardian sprite, well I am working on it again, so here is he with a new helm, during downtime I was working with this quite a lot, I have more than 50% already done.

Edit: looks like my skills are bad in math, I have 40% done at least, in-water and damage-dealing+ critical and dead poses left

Boxiii

I really like the guardian sprite, i hope you finish it!

jimmyjw88

Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

mav

Very interesting. On the legs, replace the lightest red with the intermediate red and on the the helmet darken the lightest red a tad bit. You might wanna darken the lightest gold shade too. And look out for pillow shading.

Kagebunji

I will change the reds then, but the golds are okay IMO, they are straight from Wiegraf Ch1. Btw, I never asked, can I use this moogle port, Mav?

Lijj

I think the colors are good they match the game very well.
  • Modding version: PSX

mav

Quote from: "Kagebunji"Btw, I never asked, can I use this moogle port, Mav?
You bet, pal; it's for your sprite, after all.

Remember, just change the lightest red--the other two looked fine to me. And you can keep the golds, I'm just worried about how they'll look in game. Did someone ever make a portrait for this?

Kagebunji

Quote from: "mav"Did someone ever make a portrait for this?
haha, you did, I still have it on my other computer ;)

mav

Really? Hopefully it doesn't look too bad, cause the sprite has been shaping out quite well.

Kagebunji

I would look for it in my topic, but I crossed the limit for this month, and my net is REALLY slow now. Try to look from page 20 to 40. It should be there somewhere.

Jon

Hey Kage, does the Guardian sprite have any other poses yet maybe? I really like this one, reminds me of a character from Tactics Ogre: Knight of Lodis...c'mon dude, post some more of it please! I want this sprite when its done :)
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!