• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Some bugs fixes needed and major help needed!

Started by Koruten, June 10, 2012, 01:42:50 am

Koruten

Ok. I'm trying to find the Dorter Trade City ENTD event from Chapter 2 but I cannot find it. What event number is it? Also, I changed a map in ATTACK.OUT editor from Sweegy Woods to Ruins of Zeltenia(Whatever) Church and I set the enemies in the correct spots, but when I test the battle, most enemies appear outside of the map but they still get their turns. Any fixes?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Glain

The ENTD for Dorter Trade City (Chapter 2) is 193. (This is labeled in my latest released version... maybe I should add it to site submissions...)

As far as the units being off the map, admittedly without thinking about it too hard, the only thing I got is that the X/Y could either be switched or the perspective you used to set the X/Y isn't the same perspective the game uses (therefore the values would be wrong).

Koruten

It's wierd though, they appear offscrean but when their turn comes and they try to move, the blue move squares appear around where I placed the character in the ENTD, but he cannot move at all, and no one can attack them making it impossible to beat the battle.

Glain

Totally a longshot, but could those units be on a nonexistant upper level? If the X/Y were right, but they were set to being on the "upper level" and there was no upper level for that square, it seems plausible that something like that could happen.

Eternal

Glain, something I've noticed and I'm not sure if you knew about this or not. When I use the latest Patcher and I change the names of skills in resources.zip, the changed names aren't reflected in the dropdown when I change weapon procs. I've only tried this for the PSP portion of the Patcher, but it's really annoying nonetheless.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Glain

Interesting... I tried it with .478 and it seemed to give me PSX names for PSP abilities. I imagine that dropdown isn't looking at Resources.zip at all. I don't think that problem is anything I introduced, though.

Eternal

Yeah, I recall that issue existing before you guys edited it. I just figured I'd give you a heads up, since it's a really annoying issue.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Koruten

Quote from: Glain on June 10, 2012, 10:44:10 am
Totally a longshot, but could those units be on a nonexistant upper level? If the X/Y were right, but they were set to being on the "upper level" and there was no upper level for that square, it seems plausible that something like that could happen.

Upper level? I never set any one of them on upper level, which is odd.

Koruten

June 10, 2012, 01:42:02 pm #8 Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 02:12:06 pm by Koruten
This is what I mean.

Koruten

Well, this is still not resolved. I'm really confused.

3lric

post a screenshot of your attack.out settings and your ENTD settings please
  • Modding version: PSX

Koruten

I think I figured it out. Sweegy Woods has an event that moves the characters from a certain location. Why didn't I think of this sooner? Anyways, the event editor I use freezes up on me all the time.