• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:25:46 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Re-Release Info and Changes

Started by 3lric, July 03, 2015, 08:16:32 pm

Nyzer

Baiting them into
attacking your party instead of Mustadio helps. If he survives the initial barrage, he'll usually start Paralyzing them with Arm Shot. Agrias' Holy abilities also do major damage with a chance to inflict status, so keeping her alive helps too...

Basically, if Mustadio, Agrias, and someone with Full Life or Revive can all survive the opening of the fight, it's a piece of cake.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Mudvayne

Truth be told I did not find this mod to be too difficult at all. Besides a few randoms (like the battle with all the lamias and beast master, or the 5-6 turtles come to mind, it's been awhile since I've played though so forgive me) that I found to be just not worth the effort to try and win the fight for the small reward, the story battles were not too hard. A few of them kicked my ass on my first run through but that's to be expected. Assess the battle and adjust your party accordingly. Lowering the difficulty in the story I think is not really necessary.

If you are upping the JP we receive also, that should be more than enough help for the player to get a few more abilities which really was the only reason certain battles gave me trouble anyway was because I didn't branch out of the starting jobs and learn new abilities. If you have a small pool of different jobs and abilities unlocked for everyone, you can come up with many different strategies to beat any fight you are struggling with, none are impossible.

3lric

None of the story battles are changing other than maybe a slight adjustment at Bariaus Hill and one at Sweegy. The only battles that will actually change are a few randoms, due to several being way too hard and others being waay too easy, both of which were likely mistakes in either enemy placement, team color or randomly present flags.

The main things that will make a difference in difficulty are the new things you can do. Such as the Synth Shop, Upgraded Soldier Office and the fact that Ch1 originally had only 2 marks, which were unlocked at the end of the Chapter. You will now have access to 7 marks, which will start appearing once reaching Warjilis, and will be spread across the chapter. Also there will be 2 repeatable marks to gather ore or wood materials for use in synthing items/weapons/armor which you will have access to once reaching Dorter.

It's really an addition of an entirely new mechanic that will give most, if any decrease in difficulty. The difficulty itself wasn't ever intended to be lowered (as the game is not that difficult once you branch out of the main classes), just more balanced, which is why a few select battles will receive some revisions.

If you want less difficulty then you still have to work for it by scavenging/buying/mining for materials to make items before they are available in shops (up to 1 or 2 shop progressions ahead, haven't decided yet).

Xifanie will also be working on a Jot5 Easy Type after Chapter 2 is released, which is another reason I don't intend to make many alterations aside from what I mentioned above other than slight nerfing to the second ganon battle since there is now a 3rd Ganon battle against Beast Ganon
  • Modding version: PSX

KingUrameshi

Any ideas floating around for a chapter 3 or 4 yet.
You have allies... Friends that would risk their lives, and I am one of them.

Jumza

Chapter 3 and 4 have fleshed out storylines, and they are as awesome (even moreso) than the first 2 chapters. No work has been done on them specifically though, since of course people are focused on fixing 1 and releasing 2 first.
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

RJ Cid

With the understanding that an ETA is near impossible to predict, where exactly should I look on this site once it is re-released? Will there be a big announcement or a new thread? I keep popping in to see if it's out and it dawned on me that I might not notice it once it is. I ask because amidst many other things going on, I can't wait and would like to download it immdiately upon it's release.

I apologize in advance if these are stupid questions. My time is always pressed tight :twisted:, so I would like to know that fastest way to check for it.

3lric

gatebuster202

They are amazing at noting the release of any update/release of a mod more then a month or four in the making.

@The earlier difficulty comments. The only fight that I struggled with, (more then four resets.) was Barius Hill. And that was only due to very low JP totals. I even have the Five Move JP Up, and ground their second story battle for a hundred or so turns + Snake doing a heal loop. (Now that run, I was using Chemist on two of the Five on the Hill. So that might have impacted their speed enough that I was having the problems I did.)
Anyway, I've been running back through, on a JP grind and the changes promised to the Gained JP formula should correct the need to grind too much. (Which then can lead to overleveling.) I'm excited to see how everything comes together.

Winner of the 2nd FFT Arena SCC Tourney. -Geomancers

RJ Cid

Two suggestions for ability animations in Dante and Link:

Could Link's whirlwind strike animation look similar to the Bull Demon's (the actual name escapes me) spin ability? Maybe remove the lightning and have it spin around once with a blue palatte instead of the red? It is his only sword ability, afterall.

Dante's skill sets were very creatively done, but I'm curious if we could maybe spice up some of his animations? Could Stinger utilize the sprite of "sword-extended" instead of "critical"? His character is all about "style" and a piece of the fun of unlocking new abilities in any version of FFT is seeing them in action.

One more thing... could Mustadio's sprite get replaced with something better? Maybe leave it alone for the re-release, but have a cooler one ready to go for Chapter 2? For example, it would be cool to see his sprite & abilities mix with Edgar's from FF6. I never liked his sprite. It seemed like a pratical design, but still dull, even when I started playing vanilla back in middle school.

Hope my suggestions were appropriate and helpful. Thanks

KingUrameshi

Quote from: RJ Cid on September 05, 2015, 10:45:00 am
Two suggestions for ability animations in Dante and Link:

Could Link's whirlwind strike animation look similar to the Bull Demon's (the actual name escapes me) spin ability? Maybe remove the lightning and have it spin around once with a blue palatte instead of the red? It is his only sword ability, afterall.

I second this and was actually expecting it when I played Ch.1.
You have allies... Friends that would risk their lives, and I am one of them.

RayKamiya

Quote from: KingUrameshi on September 05, 2015, 01:36:52 pm
I second this and was actually expecting it when I played Ch.1.

Oh the wave around ability that the Bull demons use, yeah I was kinda thinking the same thing.

Jumza

Even if you did remove the lightning effect from it it still makes that weird lightning strike noise like 5 times :P Of course, it's up to Elric in the end.
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

3lric

September 05, 2015, 02:34:04 pm #72 Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 02:48:42 pm by Elric
Quote from: Jumza on September 05, 2015, 02:22:54 pm
Even if you did remove the lightning effect from it it still makes that weird lightning strike noise like 5 times :P Of course, it's up to Elric in the end.

People say that like it's even that easy to edit effects lol. But no, I tried it before and it doesn't look great.

Mustadio sprite will stay the same. He looks just like me. Lol, I don't intend to change that. Also he's an engineer and wearing typical engineer gear. It has only been a year since the end of the lion war :P
Sprites don't come easy and I won't have Twin waste time on a non joining character lol

Ivalice also is not the time period as FF6

Unfortunatly a lot of these are not within our ability. Editing effects is not as customizable as it might seem. It's still the same effect only color and slight appearance edits

RJ Cid

Definately don't strain your team over these suggestions. If giving Link the Bull Demon spin animation as it is is easier, I'm still down with that. Leaving it alone also works.

I do feel Mustadio's look is practical and fits fine in Chapter 1, but if he joins later on in the game, a sprite change would be nice. Worst case, I'm sure I could swap it out myself.

My FF6 reference for him was based on the use of the Cyan sprite for two other characters. I had considered a custom sprite that only bears a resemblence to Edgar, without actually being him. BUT IF IT IS SO, I DEMAND! A CHAINSAW ABILITY SLOT BE ADDED! (just kidding buddy)

Keep up the good work!

3lric

September 06, 2015, 01:38:28 pm #74 Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 01:52:05 pm by Elric
I understand what you mean, however I'm not sure that Mustadio will ever actually be joining, however, I will take this into consideration.

I actually wanted to make a post to thank nyzer for all the work he's been doing for us. I mean as a team, (Xif, Twin, Angel, Lijj, Choto, Myself) we work a lot of hours and don't really expect a lot of help, since we are all pretty much the best of the best in our respective fields. However when someone like nyzer shows up and at the drop of a simple PM, ends up saving us hours and days worth of work, it is indeed a wonderful thing. Just goes to show that you don't need to be a l33t hacker to provide inspiration and help out. I think you all will love the work he's done for the re-release.

RayKamiya

I'm looking forward to the update and chapter 2 XD

seriously this game is fun even in an unpolished unfinished state and I enjoy playing it ^^

it's also giving me inspiration for ideas for my own hack that I want to do XD

3lric

I'm glad we could give you some inspiration ;)

RayKamiya

it's fun having a different take on a similar Idea.

People have different ideas when it comes to balancing and abilities what works for one may not work for another, Some people might not like it but if it can inspire someone then it is still good.

3lric

nyzer finished all the Rumor replacements as well as Mark messages for the re-release (Accept/Cancel/Bravestory Entry)

I've also finished reworking the tutorial. Don't expect to see anything amazing in the tutorial events, as I only adjusted dialogue. I reworded a lot in the organization section of the tutorial as well as the tips section, and also completely removed and rewrote sections of Tips that were no longer relevant to Jot5. The only derpy one is the Abnormal Status explanation event, since the skillsets are different in Jot5, the status's and skills don't match up (That's what those oracle and wizard units in Shishi are for) I don't expect anyone to need the tutorial anyway, I just wanted to have it done, and not vanilla :P

Also, every single Chapter 1 event fix is done. Expect to see a lot of fixes and small changes there.

Hyraldelita

you guys are totally amazing , i have nothing else to say, i just want to play your patches more and more.