• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Which animations cause the slowdown?

Started by Dome, February 04, 2012, 06:08:04 am

Dome

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Eternal

Slowdown? What do you mean, for Sages? If so, Xifanie made an ASM that removes Calculator slowdown.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Dome

The animations, they are locked to run at a lower FPS for some reason
I wanted to know which lags and which not

RavenOfRazgriz

If you mean "Which animations cause slowdown to occur in War of the Lions?", then every animation does because they're all hardcoded to run at a lower FPS, likely for online play reasons.  Either that, or they took the Math Skill slowdown hardcoding and just applied it to everything for some reason, possibly by accident?

If you mean "Which animations cause slowdown to occur when using the Math Skill skillset for something other than Math Skill?", then any animation you have set to hit more than one target lags tremendously.  Any animation in Math Skill being used for not-Math Skill lags to some degree similar to War of the Lions, however, so you'll want the Math Skill slowdown fix that's posted on the last page of Xifanie's ASM Hacking thread.

If you mean something else, provide some context.  "Which animations cause the slowdown?" is incredibly vague.  You'll get better, more relevant answers with more specific topic titles and explanations for what you want to know, as explained here by philsov.

Dome

February 04, 2012, 08:21:16 pm #4 Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 08:57:16 pm by Dome
Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on February 04, 2012, 04:12:14 pm
If you mean "Which animations cause slowdown to occur in War of the Lions?", then every animation does because they're all hardcoded to run at a lower FPS, likely for online play reasons.
Thanks

P.s: I wasn't aware there was a "Bug" revolving around using the "Math Skills" skillset for something else, or else I'd have been clearer