• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 11:36:34 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

MasterGrand's sprites

Started by MasterGrand, April 27, 2010, 03:41:38 pm

MasterGrand

ok now what about this portrait , it is not same FF6 .
Let's be together !!

Kagebunji

Nah, that is not it, Grand. Just use Lijj's one.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

MasterGrand

ok no problem Kage as you wish :D
Let's be together !!

jimmyjw88

Hmm...Looks good. I might or might not take a crack as I'm busy with life. Though, I doubt it'll be good.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

GeneralStrife

Oh man liji i creamed my pants when i saw that portrait

Smash

Don't stop here guys. This port can be improved.

It looks too plain and round.. Needs more ninja stuff going on, like some of those thin spike fin things or something. He looks too thin and unhealthy, his pose looks like if he was frustrated because of not wanting to pose for the cam, gives the feeling of being a skinny weak zombie instead of an assasin, ect.

He really needs to look menacing and mysterious like the FF6 port, and it can be done without copying the pose.

Remember the contrast, too.

MasterGrand

Hello guys

Sprite is ready to download .  :)

Good luck
Let's be together !!

MasterGrand

Hello guys

I think next sprite Hanzo Hattori - Samurai Shadown  .
Let's be together !!

Asmo X

The red is too saturated. Do not outline objects. Is that mesh on his arms? That will never look good. Too many straight, horizontal lines. The arms are not symmetrical. The trim on the shoulder pauldrons is barely distinguishable. Too heavy on the darker shades. Look at other sprites to get a better idea. "Noisy" shading, especially on the scarf. The light source is inconsistent. Look at the shoes and thighs to see what i mean. You need to rely more on other sprites until you get better.

scatttman

cool shadow sprite mastergrand congratulations
for hanzo hatori like asmo sayd red are too saturated try using colors of original fft game sprites and his face looks like a robot like robocop try to make it more isometrical it will look fine good luck with the sprite

ffta707

Just use a the color of a red thief for the scarf. I think that color would fit for what you are trying  to do. And yes, there is a black outline on his arms, which needs fixed. But it does look pretty cool.

Zozma

okay, for the port. i think he needs slightly bigger shoulders and also perhaps a more obvious indication that he has ears underneath that. also didn't shadow have like something tied in the back? maybe that can be visible as well to make the plain roundness less so
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Lijj

Okay this is what I got.

________________I think this matches the sprite a little better and stay true- enough, to the other design.
I don't know what to do with a fin..
  • Modding version: PSX

Lijj

horn?

mav

That portrait makes him look a little too skinny, but it's fine. Is the sprite palette gonna be made to match the portrait better? Whatever, this sprite's pretty much ready to go.

Lijj

I thought most of the portraits showed skinny necks at least in tactics.
But here is  a slight edit:
(I should have listened to Zozma the first time  :lol:)

Tactics characters are pencil-necks I tell you.. I crush them

Cheetah

Wow this is a great improvement. There may be a few more things to tweak, but I can't say what they are. You are really improving Lijj, keep it up.
Current Projects:

ffta707

Maybe the horn should be just a pixel thicker in some areas?

Smash

Quote from: "Lijj"Tactics characters are pencil-necks I tell you.. I crush them

Imagine Darth Vader in FFT.. Insta-kill anything with his Force choke attack.
This actually reminds me of my incomplete Stormtrooper sprite. Hmm..

Also mind what ffta707 said.

MasterGrand

Hello guys

Islud Noble

Best regards
Let's be together !!