• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 07:25:36 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Basic Question about Event Deco/Comp (the topics were closed for long ago)

Started by badstapp, June 01, 2012, 02:06:11 pm

badstapp

I'm working for a long period in my iso, and i'm certainly not an expert...i changed everything i could in shishi prite editor, tactext, torgasm, fftevgrp, and it's ok until i found Event Decompiler and Compiler, i'm stuck, i'm horrible in command lines and so on...

i was looking this topic: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=4067.msg117552#msg117552 but it's locked since 2010, so it said to post a new one.

My intention is: Only change the texts a bit, only that, not creating new events, new this, new that, only change the texts.
I got PSX Events.txt, event.txt, TEST.evt (those i used CDmage, but my iso only opens in the option RAW MATERIAL, is it correct?)

Questions: 1) Do i have to copy everything in the PSX events.txt to event.txt?
               2) The topic says to erase the line "Text(x000008F9)" in the beggining of the event, do i have to erase all of them of all events?
               3) This line is of the first event "//| Event Script x002 | Event Offset: x004000 | Text offset: x0048F9 |", in the example the text offset of him is different of mine, and i didn't changed nothing yet, what is that suppose to mean? (the topic is: Text offset: x0041C5)
               4) When i run the Compiler (without changing anything, only paste the psx events.txt into the event.txt) it gives me an error after compiling: http://imageshack.us/content_round.php?page=done&l=img842/1300/errorhs.jpg, i import ATTACK.out and test.evt back in the iso, nothing happens, changing or not the texts inside the event.txt
               5) Do i need the ATTACK.OUT and attack out editor if i just want to change a bit the texts?

sorry for the long post, i'm really horrible in this part of edditing  :?
  • Modding version: PSX

3lric

So instead of looking at the locked topic, why not look at the very first thread in the tutorials section, I wrote it, so i know it isn't locked..
I explain all the questions you ask in section 1 of my tutorial.

Also, this question belongs in help, not tutorials.

badstapp

sorry for this, but i read, but as i said i'm horrible in it, and didn't used a lot the forum...so i'm not familiarized with it...and yes i read the very first topic, and again i'm horrible with that, that's why my questions...ok i posted in the wrong section but i read yours, but for a huge noob maybe small things to everybody are a bit complicated to some others

Please can someone move my topic to the right section, so i can get some answers for my noob questions? Sorry again

Gotta read again, maybe i missed sth

3lric

The problem is, i dunno how i would explain it any easier. In my tutorial, there are 2 videos which show you step by step and the guide itself is also step by step.

Quote from: badstapp on June 01, 2012, 02:06:11 pm
Questions: 1) Do i have to copy everything in the PSX events.txt to event.txt?

No, you use the single events found in EasyVent
               2) The topic says to erase the line "Text(x000008F9)" in the beggining of the event, do i have to erase all of them of all events?

Yes
               3) This line is of the first event "//| Event Script x002 | Event Offset: x004000 | Text offset: x0048F9 |", in the example the text offset of him is different of mine, and i didn't changed nothing yet, what is that suppose to mean? (the topic is: Text offset: x0041C5)

Text offset is where your text is writte to, we remove this so that you can change text and how many there is and things like that, remove it and when you compile it will write the correct offset for you in the TEST.evt
               4) When i run the Compiler (without changing anything, only paste the psx events.txt into the event.txt) it gives me an error after compiling: http://imageshack.us/content_round.php?page=done&l=img842/1300/errorhs.jpg, i import ATTACK.out and test.evt back in the iso, nothing happens, changing or not the texts inside the event.txt

You don't touch the PSXEvents.txt, that included all the events in one file. You want to download EasyVent and use it instead.
               5) Do i need the ATTACK.OUT and attack out editor if i just want to change a bit the texts?

if you are only changing text in the events, then no.

badstapp

i'm sorry for late answering but i had plenty of personal problems and tests in college, but really thanks for the patience answering me..really thanks the ppl in this forum won't let this awesome game be forgotten  :P

thanks!

3lric

No problem, if you have any other questions, dont hesitate to ask