• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 04:46:18 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Getting started

Started by Sanguine, August 18, 2011, 12:40:44 am

Sanguine

so i am a noob hacker and was here tonight trying to get started. I managed to get my emulator running and used paheej's mod. when i downloaded the game from different websites it d/l as a .rar file. I was told this needs to be unzipped but when i click on it it needs be opened with something. So i got annoyed after multiple tries and tried to skip a step and d/l just the .bin it worked and i can now run FFT on the emulator(psx). but now im feeling froggy and would like to start editing some sprites. I looked at the tutorial and i dont think i can get started becuase i only have the bin file and nothing else. am i wrong? im not very good at this and you guys were helpful in chat. Thanks :more:

st4rw4k3r

You want to start editing sprites?
Well you have started off good getting a copy of FFT.
Now you need programs to get the sprites in and out of the game.

On my post is a version of ShiShi.
You can use ShiShi to open a FFT ISO/BIN file, it will read it and show you the sprites in the game.
You can import sprites you made into FFT, or Export the sprite to edit on in your favorite image editor. (GraphicsGale, Gimp, PhotoShop, etc.)