Shishi Sprite Editor
This tool allows you to edit many things in regards to sprites, such as:
- The sprite itself (import/export as .spr or .bmp)
- A sprite's SHP (frame data)
- A sprite's SEQ (animation data)
- A sprite's SP2 files, which are loaded dynamically for extra frames (automatically attached to the main spritesheets)
- Various flags
You can find a list of custom sprites made by members of FFHacktics here: http://ffhacktics.com/sprites.php
It also allows editing many other graphics present in the game (imported and exported as .png); just to give a few examples:
- The world map
- Town graphics
- Shop backgrounds
- "Chapter End" backgrounds
- The "Sony Entertainment America Presents" when booting the game
- Map titles
Warning: Shishi does not have a save feature; everything is automatically saved on the fly; you cannot revert any changes!
How to use
- Select "File/Open ISO..." and select your FFT Image
- If it asks you to restructure, if you are planning to make actual changes to that FFT Image, you should restructure.
- Edit as you wish. ShishiSpriteEditor saves on the fly so there is no need to manually save.
How do I change the formation/squad portraits and sprites?
- Shishi does not currently, and will likely never support this feature. However, you can use FFTEVGRP to accomplish this.
- Will not import/extract properly a lot of graphics (other than sprites)
- OPNTEX5 to OPNTEX20 cannot be read properly, and thus cannot be re-inserted (latest version)
- For the reason above, Import all images and Dump all images functions fail to work (latest version)