• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:41:41 pm

IRC server downtime

Started by Xifanie, September 04, 2013, 12:50:40 pm

Xifanie

I'd like to apologize for the server downtime which start 2 hours ago. While trying to get the support to fix the issue, I found out the company shouldn't even be hosting IRCD, and sadly, we have to backup everything and move to a new server.

Toshiko & I are working our asses off to move everything to a new server, so please hang in there. It will still be on irc.ffhacktics.com, don't worry.

Quote from: Chat log with xzibition's support*** Processing connection to il.us.irc.xzibition.com
*** Looking up your hostname...
*** Checking Ident
*** Got Ident response
*** Found your hostname
[ http://www.xzibition.com ] Please open a ticket via support@xzibition.com for support. - Ask question in here and wait for an @ please or open a ticket.
Topic set by layzkat!layz@admin.xzibition on Mon Jul 15 2013 05:49:11 GMT-0400 (EDT)
<ChanServ>: Welcome to our support channel, Xifanie.
<ChanServ>: We will never ask you for your shell or bnc passwords. Never give out your passwords.
<ChanServ>: Please state your problem in the channel and wait for an OP(@) to assist you.
<Xifanie>: I have my server irc.ffhacktics.com running on nova... No IRC clients can connect to nova, yet the server is running. Why?
<layzkat>: your IP looks nulled by the datacenter
<layzkat>: did it just get nulled?
<Xifanie>: about 20min ago
<layzkat>: they usually auto unnull unless the attack was bad
<layzkat>: I will check your IP and email them in a couple hours if its still nulled
<Xifanie>: Well, 45min and obviously not coming back up. Not even 2 months and I can't say I'm pleased with my experience with xzibition so far.
<bryan>: We don't control the nulling.
<bryan>: Our upstream provider does.
<Xifanie>: What's the big deal about contacting them? They're going to bite? I can't believe I'll have to wait HOURS
<bryan>: if we request it be unnulled, and the attack is still ongoing, there is a good chance they'll null it for 24-48+ hours
<Xifanie>: what is the attack?
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

formerdeathcorps

Attack?  What was attacked, exactly, Nova or irc.ffhacktics.com?  How exactly would nulling Xif's IP help block the attack?
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.