Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed. Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section.

Official Mark Ideas Thread  (Read 27913 times)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
The Puppet ---Master---
Elric (Overseer) [Posts: 4168]
  • View Profile
  • Youtube Channel
  • http://steamcommunity.com/id/Bones42
  • [May 08, 2013, 06:39:29 AM]
Official Mark Ideas Thread
« on: May 08, 2013, 06:39:29 AM »
This will be the thread we use for Mark Ideas from now on.

If you Posted in the other thread please repost here and follow this layout:
Code: [Select]
[b][size=16pt]YOUR MARK NAME HERE[/size][/b][hr]

[size=14pt]Difficulty:[/size]DIFFICULTY HERE

[size=14pt]Location:[/size]LOCATION HERE

[size=14pt]Enemies:[/size]ENEMIES HERE
[hr]

Remember, none of these are guaranteed to be used. AND keep in mind that Rewards all ALL subject to change, many people have
posted great ideas and reward ideas, however due to what is/isn't possible and what is/isn't already decided weapon/armor wise
a lot of these will have to be modified if they do get used.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 09:27:42 AM by Elric »
    • Modding version: PSX
  • <@Angel> Teach a man to fish and he'll open up a fishery to compete against yours.
    Journey of the Five Youtube ChannelThe Lion War Current Status

Jot5 Leader :: Eventer :: OtherTLW Leader :: Eventer :: Other
    brittmarv [Posts: 81]
    • View Profile
    • [May 09, 2013, 01:55:16 AM]
    Re: Official Mark Ideas Thread
    « Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 01:55:16 AM »
    Intangir
    Story:
    Barkeep: Sky-watchers around Ivalice are thrilled to find the night sky alive with the glow of untimely meteor showers as of late. The spectacle has caused such a sensation that less savory reports of multiple disappearances among rural communities in (Location) have garnered little interest among authorities and adventurers alike. Some who care to speculate have voiced stern doubts that the matching time-frame of these two events is mere coincidence. Never-the-less, a reward is being offered for anyone who can solve this mystery and put the townsfolk at ease.

Description from Final Fantasy 6:

Difficulty:
    Medium-Hard

Any smaller outdoor zone similar to Yuguo Woods would be fine.

Enemies:
    Unreliable as a Mime.
    The Damned [Posts: 2168]
    • View Profile
    • [May 11, 2013, 02:21:40 PM]
    « Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 02:21:40 PM »
    (Good to see someone else finally posted and with quite the good idea as well.)

Sigh. I still haven't actually opened Marks like I had wanted to before I commented, so at this point I'll just jack brittmarv's format for the "story" part minus the Barkeep part.

Double sigh. I still can't remember the names of the other Five, though it would help if I actually looked. For now, I'll leave them out, partly because of though of another suggestion to go with the one that needed confirmation as to whether or not Shinryuu was being used.

*References "Eastern" mythology* (Has a link.)
    Three Beasts from the East
    Story:
    "Around the Dougola Pass there have been reports of the sudden appearance of three most unusual beasts that seem to have come the East. The most typical among them resembles the still-new-to-Ivalice Fell Turtle, though its size is even greater than the largest recorded of that beast. The second is a large white cat, almost like a panther and yet striped, stronger & even faster. The third among them is the most awe-inspiring, being a giant bird of brilliant vermilion coloration. They all seem to be acting in tandem, as if searching for something...."

Difficulty:
    Medium

Dougola Pass (well before Shinryuu shows up if possible; otherwise I have another, slightly different Mark in mind).

Enemies:
    1x Black Tortoise (uses Fell Turtle sprite).

1x White Tiger (uses Panther sprite, White if possible)

1x Vermilion Bird (uses Juravis sprite, Red [with gold/yellow breast feathers] if possible)

*References the Marvel Comics Universe*
    The Cult of Quaggoth
    Story:
    "There have been increasing reports of a talking monster that resembles a Morbol with even more eyes and tentacles. Initially, the first reports months ago were largely dismissed as the ramblings of madmen or drunkards, especially one that spoke of it trying to build a cult to its magnificence. Nowadays, though, there seems to be an increasing number of disappearances and an eerie organization to the Morbols in the area. It is probably best if this is investigated soon."

Difficulty:
    Hard/Difficult-Very Hard/Difficult

Whatever location naturally has Morbols/Malboros, though I'd prefer a (heavily) wooded area over say a swamp or plain or whatever. (Also not sure if you're calling them Morbols or Malboro given both that I haven't encountered any in Jot5 yet and that you switch back and forth in the original post.)

Enemies:
    1x Morbol/Malboro sprite named Quaggoth.

1x Male Priest with Black Magic, Double Magic & Arcane Boost.

1x Female Priest with Summon Magic, Double Magic & Arcane Defense.

1x Female Priest with Survival Skills, a Book & Bandit's Eye (or Equip Projectiles) and the lowest Faith of the Priests.

1x Male Priest with Defense Arts, Equip Heavy Arms and the second lowest Faith of the Priests.

1x Male Priest with Defense Arts, Equip Light Arms and the third lowest Faith of the Priests.

1x Female Priest with Dragon Spirit and Beastmaster. (I'd suggest Blue Magic Secondary here too, but I'm not sure if there are...problems with that when it comes to the AI given my lack of testing for Embargo still. So maybe, I don't know, Time Magic Secondary? Yin-Yang Magic? Even Jump or Item?)

3x Class C Morbols

1x Class A Morbol

(No Ochus please, assuming that's what Class B Morbols are still called.)

(Yellow Peril EDIT: In thinking about it more, when it comes to the monsters, perhaps it would be better if there were only two Class C Morbols and instead the other two monsters were Yellow Chocobos. This would serve several purposes: to show that Delita maybe actually sent investigators (i.e. the former Knights) himself since he does care about Ivalice, to further show that that Quaggoth is "assimilating" people & things beyond the "like-bodied" Morbols and to make it easier to differentiate Quaggoth from among the enemies.

It also helps that I know what Chocobo's Beastmaster skill is--Chicken Run--and does, but not Morbol's. I can't imagine that it's still the absurd Morbol Germ, though; it's not like Beastmaster is all that necessary anyway.

Regardless, I think there need to be at least two Morbols.)

*waits for someone to suggest a Nyarlathotep fight between this, there already being a Cthulhu fight and the Crawling Chaos being the primary antagonist of the still-increasingly popular Persona series*

one problem is that Tiamat shares a name with a vanilla FFTactics unit. Could we call them "Fiend Tiamat," "Fiend Lich," or something similar to pull it off?)

Well, this may just be me, but given that Tiamat is a type of monster when it comes to the vanilla unit, but when it comes to the Fiend, Tiamat is its given name, I think just calling it Tiamat is fine.

Of course, "Fiend Tiamat" would perhaps be for the best, if only because you're probably going to have to call the four of them Fiend somewhere and having them all called just "Fiend" but be markedly different would perhaps be even more confusing.

You could also do both, though: call it Tiamat in its given name, but call its class "Fiend Tiamat"; the same would apply for the other three.
    « Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 08:01:26 AM by The Damned »
    "Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"
    Unreliable as a Mime.
    • View Profile
    • [May 15, 2013, 05:10:21 AM]
    « Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 05:10:21 AM »
    (I loathe double posting, but if no one else has posted in here still....)

I half-assed looking for the names today for my initial suggestion, but they apparently aren't on my laptop (and thus are not on my desktop either), so I'll have to actually--sigh--use effort and see if I can find them.

In the meantime, here's two more ideas I just had that I may use for one or both of my patches. It should show you I'm feeling even more morbid than usual given their subject matter.

*References nothing*
    Doom with a View (or Assisting Suicide)
    Story:
    "There have been increasing reports of suicides off the cliff near Lenalia Plateau Fovoham Plains. This would normally not be all that unusual, even if it somewhat mars the new king's reign. The interest, however, is more that some reports say these suicides are 'assisted', if not outright murder. There have also been increased reports of Undead activity in the area. These are doubtless related."

Difficulty:
    Variable:

1. Medium-Hard/Difficult (if choosing not to "save" the Guest Knight, in which case you gain temporary 10 Brave like with Algus's 1st fight)

2. Hard/Difficult-Very Hard/Difficult (if choosing to "save" the Guest Knight, in which case you gain nothing save an extra reward at the end, like some type of Knight Sword or something)

Fovoham Plains (Locus EDIT: Ugh, I don't know why I typed in "Lenalia Plateau", much less got it confused with Fovoham Plains, which is what I meant from the beginning. Such an idiot.)

Enemies:
    1x Hume/Human Necromancer with some type of book

1x Undead Lilith

At least 3x Ghosts or Skeletons of some type.

1x "Enemy" Guest human Knight who has some type of Knight's Sword, Charge Secondary and starts out with Initial: Charm (and maybe Doom) given the Kiss during pre-battle scene.

(Note: If nothing cures Doom, since Reraise & Item sure as hell don't and I'm still not sure about [Choco] Esuna, then it would have to be Initial: Charm only I suppose given otherwise the Guest scenario becomes literally nigh impossible unless you can nuke all other enemy units in the two turns the Knight has left to live. That or you can change the "Save parameters" to not count Dead as an instant loss, though that would have other, potentially far-reaching consequences if you can't individualize such a change.)

*References Roman Mythology & Greek Mythology* (Has two links)
    Killer Cupid/Eros (or Love Hurts)
    Story:
    "Recently, it would seem a mad(wo)man has decided to claim Zirekile Falls as his/her home. This person seems far gone, shouting madness about how one must endure pain to discover love and how that makes one stronger while attacking others from the top of the falls. Despite his/her insanity, this person is still a skilled bow(wo)man and quite capable of hitting fleeing targets. As of yet, people have only been wounded, not killed, but with the increasing frequency of these attacks, fatalities seem inevitable."

Difficulty:
    Easy (if Cupid/Eros is male)-Medium (if Cupid/Eros is female). [Actually, now that I think about it, you could potentially give Cupid/Eros a male sprite, but make its sex actually female so as to surprise people using the Five with seemingly same-sex Charm.]

Enemies:
    1x human Ranger named "Cupid"/"Eros" with a longbow, Steal Secondary, Projectile Guard, Bandit's Eye and Levitate.

1x Ahriman named "Ourania"

1x Plague named "Pandemos"

Overall Notes: The sex of the human enemies here is intentionally ambiguous and open, though I figured that they would end up being the opposite of each other given that both Marks have to do with "love" in a way. That said, I pictured the Necromancer as being male originally and the Cupid as actually being female; similarly, I pictured the Guest Knight as being male originally.

That said, it could be somewhat "cool" to have some implied Sapphic aspect between the Undead Lamia & a female Necromancer, especially since you could get "away" with it unlike most official games even with the double standard of "girl-on-girl is hot" and all that. Of course, one simultaneously has to be rather careful with linking potentially the only instance of homo-eroticism and/or homosexuality with both (implied) bestiality and necrophilia. So perhaps it's not worth it.

Just food for thought either way.
    « Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 08:02:47 AM by The Damned »

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"
    Suikoden Fanboy
    kyozo22 [Posts: 106]
    • View Profile
    • http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198121779551/
    • [May 15, 2013, 08:35:14 PM]
    « Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 08:35:14 PM »
    Keeper of the Dark

Location: Not really sure! I'm open to suggestions, but think that something like Murond/ Limberry Undercroft would work

Difficulty: Medium/Hard/Very Hard/1.3 Elidibs+ SNES Insanity

Description: Talk has been circulating about strange goings on in [Location.] Rumours suggest that it could be followers of a militant group naming themselves Mullenkamp.  Upon hearing of the usurpation of [Location,] King Delita dispatched a group of warriors and mages to try and quell these rabble rousers. Only one lowly Animist returned, his life sustained by the chocobo that carried him back. With his steed giving its last breaths, the soldier passed on his final message: 'D'tok... Blood Sin...'

Enemies:

Dragon x1 [D'tok]
    Sydney Losstarot x1

Both have ??? stats, with D'tok having innate beastmaster/ monster skill if possible [dunno what tier, need to double check it]

Sydney skills:
    Blood Sin [primary skillset]
    'Uses ones pact with the Dark to accomplish  inhuman feats.'
    Prostasia: Uses magickal arts to increase ones powers to supernatural levels [PA+2 MA+2 Brave/Faith + 10, Reraise. Either all of those 100% add or random add, depends how hax you want to be/ whats possible]
    Rood Inverse: A magickal attack that utilises the power of the Dark to call forth utter destruction. [Grand cross basically but renamed and make it possible to inflict decentish damage over a wide area, with random debuff]

Short Charge/ Non charge [if it still exists]
    Master Teleport

Reward: Czarine/ Fandango [sword] or Holy Win [Great/Knight Sword] or Dread Shield *realise this'll probably never happen due to equips being decided*

Yeah, description is way too long I think - got carried away there, apologies! Still thinking up a possible moveset and rewards, etc. Mostly want to make an awesome reward for an incredibly challenging fight.

I also realise that this will probably never happen, but just had to get the idea down!

Also, cameo wise, Sora/ Anyone from Kingdom Hearts - the king of Square crossover games?
    « Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 05:08:01 AM by kyozo22 »
    • Modding version: WotL
  • Unreliable as a Mime.
    • View Profile
    • [May 16, 2013, 09:00:15 AM]
    « Reply #5 on: May 16, 2013, 09:00:15 AM »
    (Oh good, you edited in the actual enemies. That said, even with the changes made to Beastmaster [the Support], I don't think Beastmaster being unable to self-target if given to a monster is one of them; one of the developers would know though. Regardless, given that D'Tok presumably wouldn't be a normal monster anyway, he'd have to be given a regular skill-set, which actually works on monsters fine; so Beastmaster is unnecessary.)

Ugh.... I am such an idiot. I now know why my post yesterday was bothering me so much: when it comes to the "Doom with a View" suggestion, I somehow confused Fovoham Plains with Lenalia Plateau. It's probably because the cliff being the "Plains" still makes me raise an eyebrow. Regardless, that's what I meant, so it's been fixed now.

Oh, and I also confirmed that (Choco) Esuna cures Doom, so saving the Kissed Knight would indeed be winnable even if he/she started with Initial: Doom in addition to Initial: Charm...so long as you brought a Chocobo or White Magic.

Anyway, I've thought of another pair of Marks, which are both related and much more light-hearted than the other four I've suggested thus far. I do "fear" that I'm starting to already (of course) get a bit too controlling about dialogue and suggestions such though.

Oh well. It's ultimately up to you guys where you want to use this at all after all. Either way, I'll probably use it for Human Advancement myself to be honest.

*References the Super Mario Bros. franchise*
    Stop their Hammer Time!
    Story:
    "A trio of hammer-loving brothers have been appearing on the road between [insert city here] and [insert city here] in the past couple of months. A couple of days every week, they block it off from most regular traffic. Unlike regular bandits, these ruffians claim to only want to practice their art in a wide-open space and want nothing of money. As of yet, they have indeed not robbed anyone, but have cost quite a bit of Gil in delayed or lost trade. See if you can speak with or otherwise deal with them."

Difficulty:
    Medium

Probably Mandalia Plains, unless Delita is based in Igros, in which case the "Hammer Bros." aren't quite that suicidal, especially since they rather respect Delita to a point as fellow commoners.

Enemies:
    3x male human Monks all with lowish or middling Faith at best and high Brave, Equip Heavy Arms for Hammer-goodness (or badness) and some type of Earth absorb (I'm guessing Earth Clothes still exist in some form). Otherwise they differ, though the leader--"Kooper"--should probably have Throw Secondary if Hammers--actual Hammers, not Flails--can (still) be Thrown.

1x ("pet") Toughskin.

1x Guest female human Dragoon named "Daisy" with Survival Skills Secondary.

(Note: All above units should be flagged as Immortal since they show up in another Mark, which means that Daisy probably shouldn't have Dragon Spirit.)

Hmmm...now that I think about it, the second suggestion is one that I actually need to think over for at least a bit longer due to it being...rather complex.
    « Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 11:10:51 PM by The Damned »

The Puppet ---Master---
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
    • [May 18, 2013, 04:47:07 AM]
    « Reply #6 on: May 18, 2013, 04:47:07 AM »
    Great work fellas, keep it up, there is a lot of space to fill.
    Here's another,

The Return of the Phantom

Difficulty:
    Hard-Fuck You

Phantom Thief Zero is back! It's time to put him down for good.

Enemies:
    1x Thief Zero
    Sprite: Thief Zero sprite by Cheetah/CONMAN
    Skills: Similar to the skillsets of Tesnya/Romar

2x Rogue's
    2x Redguard
    3x Priest

• <@Angel> Teach a man to fish and he'll open up a fishery to compete against yours.

EzE-2G [Posts: 6]
    • View Profile
    • [May 26, 2013, 11:05:38 AM]
    « Reply #7 on: May 26, 2013, 11:05:38 AM »
                                                        The GOLD Chocobo

Difficulty: Insane

Story: Rumor has it that a rare and golden chocobo has been spotted in the Sweegy Woods attacking anyone who attempts to pluck it's valuable and rare golden feathers. (Off the top of my head. Jot5 Team tweak if necessary)

Enemies:

1x Gold Chocobo (Sprite=yellow chocobo edit to gold? with ??? stats?) - (Abilities=Choco Meteor, Choco Cure, Choco Esuna, MB Barrier, Ultima, All Black Magic...?) - (Innate Buffs= Auto Haste/Regen/Shell/Protect/ReRaise?)

1x Black Chocobo (abilities= Choco Ball, Nightmare[Queklain], spell that cancels all + buffs[i forget the name lol], Demi 2, Dark Holy, Strongest Bio?)

1x Red Chocobo

1x Yellow Chocobo

1x Green Chocobo - Custom Edit?

1x Blue Chocobo - Custom Edit?

Reward= Tameable Gold Chocobo? & Golden Chocobo Feather= Infinite stock phoenix down with a higher HP revive?

317 RPG God
    The Puppet ---Master---
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
    • [May 26, 2013, 04:33:09 PM]
    « Reply #8 on: May 26, 2013, 04:33:09 PM »
    I don't think what you are proposing is possible EZ  Thats too many different Chocobo's and with way to many moves. Monsters only get 3 moves + 1 with Monster Skill.

• View Profile
    • [May 26, 2013, 06:34:14 PM]
    « Reply #9 on: May 26, 2013, 06:34:14 PM »
    Just thought of Super Mario RPG for some reason.

The Three Musty Fears.. or.. Who You Gonna Call?

Difficulty:
    Average

Travelers in (town name) are finding that a good night's sleep is becoming a scarce commodity, as a trio of ghouls has been haunting the hotels as of late. What can be done?

Enemies:
    1x Dry Bones (Skeleton sprite)
    1x Boo (Ghost sprite)
    1x Greaper (different colored ghost sprite?)

Beefed up versions of the base units with all of the undead trimmings.
    Dry Bones = Knight + some other melee type.
    Boo = status effects + possibly healing (if there is a skellset with an undead friendly heal) or some hybrid skillset
    Greaper = pure offense spells

EDIT

If we had a White or Pale colored Bomb Sprite, that would be even better for Boo. But could we make it undead without wasting a slot somewhere? Probably not I guess. Just food for thought. That would make all 3 units closely resemble their SMRPG counterparts.
    Unreliable as a Mime.
    • View Profile
    • [May 27, 2013, 09:13:47 AM]
    « Reply #10 on: May 27, 2013, 09:13:47 AM »
    (...It's really weird that I just randomly thought of that very same Ghostbusters reference yesterday before seeing brittmarv's post. Hunh.)

Regardless, I figure I might as well pretend to do something productive this "weekend" despite still feeling sicker and more sore than usual for some weird reason. I finally finished this complex (clusterfuck of a) Mark, so all that leaves is me actually looking up the names of that initial Mark still and I guess that "other" sequel Mark.

In the meantime...:

*References Super Mario Bros. franchise, Fullmetal Alchemist(: Brotherhood) & historical alchemy, Guilty Gear series, The Savage Dragon cartoon & The Fantastic Four (1990s) cartoon (sort of), Ghostbusters (sort of), The Flash (sort of) and misc. others (probably)* (Has four links)
    (Despite all those references, the title is NOT, at least intentionally, a reference to "I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream" or anything else...even though said title has nothing to do with what could be gleaned from the current description. )
    Hate! Hate! Hate!
    Story:
    "A rash of disturbances have cut a swath down the very center of Ivalice as of late. Having started in or near Riovanes, probably in that accursed Yuguo Woods, a trail of burnt out bodies has been left. Unlike the methodology of any Bomb or other known magick or monster, all of these bodies appear to have been burned from the inside out. The latest of these still mercifully few corpses has appeared near Golgorand, which is no doubt an ominous sign...."

Difficulty: Variable.

1. Hard-Very Hard (if choosing not to save Daisy and thus aligning with the Alchemical Brotherhood - Result: Pre-battle: Gain 10 Faith temporarily; Post-battle: Daisy dies, Hammer Bros. hate you [if they even live; they may just end up dying] and you get far less of a reward for siding with the Brotherhood instead of beating them up [even if you do try to beat them up to get their rewards], though you do get better Chemist Items as thanks for "not interfering".)

2. Very Hard-"And You Thought Raven Hated You the Most? Ha." (if choosing to save Daisy and thus aligning with the Super Hammer Bros. - Result: Pre-battle: Gain 10 Brave temporarily; Post-battle: Hammer Bros. live and Daisy may end up living because the Hateful Entity is defeated by the "Power of Love" [or some bullshit] maybe rather than just being sealed away inside of A.B.A.; Alchemical Brotherhood & the Homunculus get their asses kicked but don't die, vowing revenge [maybe]. You get [far] less good Chemist Items, but overall better rewards.)

Enemies:

TWO POTENTIAL ALLIES AT ODDS:

Team <3 Hammers (Blue)
    3x (Immortal?) Hammer Bros; still use the normal Jot5 male Monk sprite. (May need their own class in hindsight, if only due to this Mark and if only to not take up space with Equip Heavy Arms [or Equip Armor] given how outmatched they're going to be otherwise; I'd rather Guests not be completely dead-weight even if you have the option of avoiding them.)

OR

Team Alchemy (Green)
    4x (Immortal?) male (Al)Chemists

TWO EVER-PRESENT ENEMIES:

Team Always Hates You (Red)
    1x ??? Hateful Entity named "Malice"; just uses the normal Jot5 female Dragoon sprite.

AND

Team Going Bear-zerk (Light Red)
    1x Immortal ??? Homunculus named "A.B.A."; uses that yet unused (?) Lust sprite Zozma made awhile ago.

The Return of the Phantom

Definitely Thieves' Fort unless you guys have an idea to use it again after the fight with you know who there; not like you can answer that. Otherwise it and Golgorand Execution Site just end up sitting unused again after the one-time you go there, which is why I'm suggesting the above battle for the latter instead of Grog Hill.

Good to see Thief Zero confirmed. I wasn't sure if he had already made it or not since you said you weren't revealing everything.

I don't think what you are proposing is possible EZ  Thats too many different Chocobo's and with way to many moves. Monsters only get 3 moves + 1 with Monster Skill.

Actually, as absurd and probably unbeatable as it would be to try to beat up (several) something(s) that can probably instantly heal for 999 HP and can't be turned Undead or Poisoned (if only because of Choco Esuna), everything he's asking except for the Golden Chocobo Feather as usable item should be possible. Even that could just made into an accessory that gave the user Always: Reraise like that stupid Perfume from vanilla.

As for the monsters, well since you don't have any extra monster space anyway (since I assume you already used all 48 spaces), you'd have to already be using the regular skillsets for any special monsters, which work fine on monsters. You just have to make sure that nothing auto-opens for them from having 0 Level in Squire, which I think is already the case, or else there will be Job Wheel problems.

But, yeah, you could have the Yellow and Red Chocobos as just normal monsters at least and then give the other ones tailored skill sets if you have the room after everything is said and done. There might be some palette limitation I'm unaware of, with more than four variable colors overall, but since they'd all be the same sprite and all on the same "team", you'd only have 6 different sprites on the field at most.

For the record, I'm not really behind that idea to be honest, mostly because of the above "heal for 999 HP ad infinitium" thing. That and I'm not sure how a ??? stats unit would function in the Formation screen if the player could recruit it. Seems like it might "break" something, if "only" game balance. I'm not sure you could "nerf it" on the Join screen either or if it has to the unit in the battle, but I somewhat suspect the latter.

Just thought of Super Mario RPG for some reason.

EDIT

If we had a White or Pale colored Bomb Sprite, that would be even better for Boo. But could we make it undead without wasting a slot somewhere? Probably not I guess. Just food for thought. That would make all 3 units closely resemble their SMRPG counterparts.

I'm not privy to everything the Jot5 staff is doing obviously, but there should be plenty of Job space even for one-off enemy. IIRC, there's something absurd like 70+ usable job slots either through redundancy or outright disuse. (By "disuse", I mean that at most that unit appears in an event or two, but never fights in an actual battle and thus has no needs for the stats and skill set/abilities it might be assigned.)
    « Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 12:48:42 PM by The Damned »

ALL THE THINGS Official Caretaker.
    RavenOfRazgriz [Posts: 3030]
    • View Profile
    • [May 27, 2013, 10:13:41 AM]
    The Puppet ---Master---
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
    • [May 28, 2013, 01:58:17 AM]
    « Reply #12 on: May 28, 2013, 01:58:17 AM »
    Ahahahaha, that's funny, you're funny.

As you can tell by Raven's comment The Damned, we don't really have that much space job-wise as you would think,
    this being due to the fact tha we've already taken into account all the jobs for bosses and extra characters throughout the game.

My others reason for being put off by that mark idea is because Xif already gave us a Chocobo Mark, plus we use them in the Chicken Durbs marks as well.

Unreliable as a Mime.
    • View Profile
    • [May 28, 2013, 04:32:49 AM]
    « Reply #13 on: May 28, 2013, 04:32:49 AM »
    (So noted. Also, damn, I spelled Jamie's name wrong last post; I blame Young Justice. I need to go back and fix that...and then go back to weeping over both those shows. Curse you, Cartoon Network.)

"Plenty" was doubtless the wrong word, but I figured you would still have at least like a dozen spots left considering that's what I had/have left over and Raven is way more efficient than I am. Good to know though.

Also good to have a Chicken Mark and what's probably a certain FFXII Mark confirmed. I figured the latter was inevitable and I thought the former was likely given Link was in the game; despite not having played much of Link's series, even I know about that. (Hmmm...this gives me an idea for another Link-related Mark, but I'll have to think about it.)

In the meantime, since I don't like posting on this forum unless I have at least the illusion of being productive, I'll see if I can think up a Mark right now that doesn't need any special jobs made for it.

Speed-Mark making, go!

*References Chrono Trigger and TVTropes's "Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot"* trope (Has a link...that will ruin/enhance your life.)
    A Singing Construct Walks Into a Bar...
    Story:
    "A most unusual group has been seen in and around Goug recently, seemingly having come from Warjilis. A relatively small quartet, its most interesting member is a metallic construct that seems to move on its own. Some suspect it to be a rather advanced puppet, especially given it sings along with the Bard of the group. Regardless, the group has been reported as becoming more and more frustrated with the local machinists attempts to 'fix' it and so it's worried they might take to violence soon, especially since one is a Ninja and the leader a Pirate...."

Difficulty:
    Medium

Goug Machine City (or Warjilis Trade City).

Enemies:
    1x female Ninja, probably with Defense Arts Secondary but definitely NOT with Dance Secondary.
    1x male ("Pirate") Geomancer with Martial Arts Secondary, Equip Projectiles Support and a gun.
    1x Construct/Worker named "Gato" with the ability to use Bard's skill set if possible.
    1x Bard, maybe with Yin-Yang Magic Secondary and whatever Short Charge is (Half Magic?).

(Secondary EDIT: Fixed "Punch Art" Secondary for the "leader" male Geomancer and added "suggested" Secondaries for the Ninja/Kunoichi and Bard.)

Ahahahaha, that's funny, you're funny.

You know me. I'm funny only when I'm being serious.

*does Mandark's laugh completely deadpan*
    « Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 10:33:53 PM by The Damned »

• View Profile
    • [May 28, 2013, 09:08:01 AM]
    « Reply #14 on: May 28, 2013, 09:08:01 AM »

But is it possible to create the Gold chocobo? And if so could it be edited with ??? stats? And as for the 4 skill req. I was thinking Choco meteor, Choco Esuna, Choco Cure with a mastered black magic ability? I know you can hack a monster and give it a second ability just like a human char cuz i've done it numerous times.

317 RPG God
    • View Profile
    • [May 29, 2013, 11:07:59 AM]
    « Reply #15 on: May 29, 2013, 11:07:59 AM »
    Well since my Gold Chocobo mark was shot down I was thinkin Ultima/Omega weapon marks?

Diff: Insane

Story: Spirits (Diamond, Emerald, Ruby Weapon spirits) from an unknown world aka Cloud's world have posessed worker bots in Goug City wrecking havoc on the city. [Off the top Jot5 tweak if necessary]

Enemies: 1x Diamond Weapon (Custom worker 8 job with ??? stats?) / Abilities= ??? Jot5 Team decision based on FF7 attacks?

1x Emerald Weapon (Custom Worker 8 job with ??? stats?) / Abilities= ??? Jot5 Team decision based on FF7 attacks?

1x Ruby Weapon (Custom Worker 8 job with ??? stats?) / Abilities= ??? Jot5 Team decision based on FF7 attacks?

Rewards: Not knowing which items and stuff are being used in the game I propose the Jot5 team to choose but they have to be some kick ass items lol

317 RPG God
    • View Profile
    • [May 30, 2013, 01:08:21 AM]
    « Reply #16 on: May 30, 2013, 01:08:21 AM »
    Spoiler alert - this is a continuation of a mark that is currently playable in chapter 1
    Unreliable as a Mime.
    • View Profile
    • [May 31, 2013, 04:56:36 PM]
    « Reply #17 on: May 31, 2013, 04:56:36 PM »
    (Hey! I want to do secret suggestions too!)

Haha at one of the changes to 1.951 relating almost directly to the idea that I said I needed to think on a bit. I'll make a secret ballot for "reasons", though part of that is merely because of speculation about a few things. Well, that and it rather pertains to the end of Chapter 1 fight (which I still haven't gotten to myself and haven't seen).

This is another something only Jot5 can get away with though.

But is it possible to create the Gold chocobo? And if so could it be edited with ??? stats? And as for the 4 skill req. I was thinking Choco meteor, Choco Esuna, Choco Cure with a mastered black magic ability? I know you can hack a monster and give it a second ability just like a human char cuz i've done it numerous times.

I wanted to respond to this earlier, but I didn't want to respond to it without suggesting another Mark. Now that I've done that, I'll just say that, yes, it's possible to create it and, yes, giving it ??? stats is as easy as a toggle in FFTPatcher. As I explained to Elric above, outside of making it recruitable (maybe), everything you ask for is possible.

It's just another question entirely of whether or not it's a good idea, just like how it's another question entirely of whether or not it ultimately fits.
    « Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 12:43:08 PM by The Damned »

The Puppet ---Master---
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
    • [May 31, 2013, 06:14:59 PM]
    « Reply #18 on: May 31, 2013, 06:14:59 PM »
    Yup

+

there will likely be a couple CreepyPasta inspired marks, though not for meme's sake, more for the fact that I love CreepyPasta
    « Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 06:49:42 PM by Elric »

May I kill him?
    Pride [Posts: 839]
    • View Profile
    • [May 31, 2013, 06:20:21 PM]
    « Reply #19 on: May 31, 2013, 06:20:21 PM »

Unless you are a crafty devil like me and know how to work around such issues, assuming Elric likes the idea of Link being required and my workaround.

• Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?
    Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9