Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen/RetroArch is recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Journey of the Five Battle Logs  (Read 56903 times)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15
Event Kid, Mr. Peanut
Jumza [Posts: 1518]
  • View Profile
  • [March 29, 2013, 05:16:44 PM]
Journey of the Five Battle Logs
« on: March 29, 2013, 05:16:44 PM »
I got the ok from Elric to make this topic so,

Post your Walkthroughs, Playthroughs, Lets Plays, interesting fights, and anything that you think would go into a Battle Log here!

• Modding version: PSX
  • Check out my project ~ FFT: A Stone's Ripple : http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10857.0
    The demo was just released! Come check it out!
    Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
    Barren [Posts: 2574]
    • View Profile
    • [March 29, 2013, 10:53:45 PM]
    Re: Journey of the Five Battle Logs
    « Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 10:53:45 PM »
    Here's my first video on Journey of the 5

FFT: Journey of the 5 Walkthrough Part 1

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • You dare cross blades with me?
    The Puppet ---Master---
    Elric (Overseer) [Posts: 4033]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/Bones42
    • [March 29, 2013, 11:42:08 PM]
    « Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 11:42:08 PM »
    Just finished watching this a few minutes ago, looking forward to seeing how well you do for the rest of Chapter 1

• <@Angel> Teach a man to fish and he'll open up a fishery to compete against yours.
    Journey of the Five Youtube ChannelThe Lion War Current Status

Jot5 Leader :: Eventer :: OtherTLW Leader :: Eventer :: Other
    Event Kid, Mr. Peanut
    • View Profile
    • [March 30, 2013, 12:23:48 AM]
    « Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 12:23:48 AM »
    I ran out of potions on Barius Hill...
    And phoenix downs.

I'm glad I decided to do a practice run before recording a playthrough, because I clearly am out of practice :/ .

Also Lold at letter from the Bunansa's
    "even though I was there, I feel I wasn't as useful as the others" (or something along those lines)
    I'm glad Mustadio finally understands XD
    « Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 12:34:11 AM by Jumza »
  • Check out my project ~ FFT: A Stone's Ripple : http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10857.0
    Barren [Posts: 2574]
    • View Profile
    • [March 30, 2013, 12:33:02 AM]
    « Reply #5 on: March 30, 2013, 12:33:02 AM »
    Just finished watching this a few minutes ago, looking forward to seeing how well you do for the rest of Chapter 1

I will do my best from that point forward. After this weekend I can make the time to make another video.

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • You dare cross blades with me?
    Event Kid, Mr. Peanut
    • View Profile
    • [March 30, 2013, 01:00:34 AM]
    « Reply #6 on: March 30, 2013, 01:00:34 AM »
    Unlucky Natures Wrath from a squid standing on a rock got Snake petrified in Zerikile Falls, it was actually a good thing because he had 1 hp left, and I'm low on phoenix downs.

*Next Battle*
    Aw, I thought that chemist had shades on. Oh well, lets see how I do in Araguay...
    « Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 01:06:22 AM by Jumza »
    Queen of Palemoon
    Celdia [Posts: 1642]
    • View Profile
    • http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198029710324/
    • [March 30, 2013, 01:16:50 AM]
    « Reply #7 on: March 30, 2013, 01:16:50 AM »
    That fight's also fairly easy to lose control of, don't feel too bad.
    There's a goddamned understatement. I'm taking a break from the patch after what happened there.

Been taking down some rambling thoughts as I've been playing and I guess this thread is as good as any to post them in with some editing for cohesion. I am going to place these in spoiler brackets for the time being, though anyone in this thread should really be prepared for spoilers.

Event Kid, Mr. Peanut
    • View Profile
    • [March 30, 2013, 01:27:31 AM]
    « Reply #8 on: March 30, 2013, 01:27:31 AM »
    I 100% agree with everything Celdia has said about... everything!
    I love all the new graphic stuff (and I ended up squeeling more than she did I think XD) And I feel better knowing I didn't get pwned as much as she did.
    To tell you the truth, when I saw that new title screen + the music + no intro video to skip, I started clapping, then awkwardly realized that you guys can't hear me.

Update on Araguay,
    I lost, but it was an obvious mistake. This battle is by far the easiest of the patch so far, despite it being the second one I had to reset to, (I still need to beat it) the reason I lost was my forgetfullness. I neglected to re-stock my items as much as possible, so I had no form of healing other than wish :/ . (I still almost won though. If it weren't for the chemist with shock I probably would have)
    « Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 01:36:22 AM by Jumza »
    ALL THE THINGS Official Caretaker.
    RavenOfRazgriz [Posts: 3030]
    • View Profile
    • [March 30, 2013, 01:33:11 AM]
    « Reply #9 on: March 30, 2013, 01:33:11 AM »
    The RNG fucking HATES you, Celdia.

Holy SHIT. 

(Also, I will be making that last fight a little bit easier when we update for all the small bugs and typos everyone found, but that fight IS meant to be Jot5's Dorter Slums.  I'm sure you can get it without my update though, it's not terribly hard once you figure out what the enemies are actually up to.)
    Event Kid, Mr. Peanut
    • View Profile
    • [March 30, 2013, 02:04:35 AM]
    « Reply #10 on: March 30, 2013, 02:04:35 AM »
    That Rogue in Araguay with Jump+2 deserves acrobat or ninja status. I was chasing him around the map (so much move and jump, blegh) and he got to a point where he was at 7 height, and the rest of the 5 were at 2 height, cloud rushes up can't hit him with a braver because it would take too long, and so the Rogue jumps from his tall platform to 4 spaces away 5 height lower than he was, right behind snake and shoots him in the back, killing him. It looked awesome. Jump+2 was a good choice for this map XD.

Just felt like sharing that :)

• View Profile
    • [March 30, 2013, 02:10:25 AM]
    Event Kid, Mr. Peanut
    • View Profile
    • [March 30, 2013, 02:33:15 AM]
    « Reply #12 on: March 30, 2013, 02:33:15 AM »
    I hate random battles >.<
    I had to reset when I got one in Araguay, had to reset when I got one in Zerikile. They're way too hard. The 5 just drop like flies. It's not too bad though cuz I like the new Game Over text.

Also, (I need to start adding spoilers to my posts, don't want to ruin the story for people, but I guess they should expect spoilers here idk...)
    when Agrias did that little hop onto the rock at Barius Valley I died laughing, I don't know why, but it was just so funny.
    « Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 02:44:51 AM by Jumza »
    • View Profile
    • [March 30, 2013, 02:50:37 AM]
    « Reply #13 on: March 30, 2013, 02:50:37 AM »
    They'll be easier when you actually have a couple skills.  If you're running around with nothing but base job + Item most of the fights are doable but actually having some Wizards and Rangers and stuff makes things a lot easier.

Also, the side you unlock first on an area is obviously easier than the side you hit walking back :u
    Event Kid, Mr. Peanut
    • View Profile
    • [March 30, 2013, 02:54:51 AM]
    « Reply #14 on: March 30, 2013, 02:54:51 AM »
    Yeah, I guess I'll try to do some more randoms to get some new abilities on the 5 tomorrow, because Agrias Link and Ramza got their asses handed to them by Tesnya, (although Agrias nearly had him but then the enemy ranger got a double turn >.< managed to take her down with a crit).

The Puppet ---Master---
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
    • [March 30, 2013, 04:33:06 AM]
    « Reply #15 on: March 30, 2013, 04:33:06 AM »
    It is somehow better than I remember so I can only assume some more tweaks went into it since I saw it last. I about died when camera zoomed on the swords being tossed down. A simple cinematic detail like that just made the whole sequence stand apart from anything I've seen done with events before. Flawless work, easily exceeding anything from the original work.

I'm glad you noticed, a lot of tweaks were done to the final version for every event, this is part of why it took so long to be released, with Raven and Xifanie judging my every event, we had to get everything to nearly flawless before calling them finished. :P

I think Smoke Break is my favorite skill. Snake's cigarettes are iconic and I think that this is the perfect way to include them as part of his kit.

Hahaha, you can thank Raven for that one.

Unique poses for the formation sprites is a wonderful idea and I want to kiss whoever thought that one up.

I was watching TV right before bed one night when this idea just randomly popped into my head out of no where,
    and I thought the same thing once the idea came up. Why has no one thought of this before? We can use any image we want for those formation, so why keep the simple standing frames when we could do something that looks so much better?
    Don't worry though, you don't have to kiss me, lol

I apparently have no life because I spent quite a bit of time reading through the Brave Story menu entries. With the letter from Byblos & Boco, I'm almost sad someone didn't edit the game font to put in a character to look like a chocobo print. Also, Ramza is only 18 years old? That beard makes him look a whole lot older. o.o

I'm very glad you read all the entries, maybe we should get a font edit for that :P
    Also, did you also watch the backstory event? Be sure to check back from time to time
    as new stuff appears, I'm extremely proud of how the bravestory turned out, and thanks
    to Pride and Raven as well as several other members of the team that made this possible.

Also, Journey of the Five takes place roughly a year or so after Vanilla, the reason Ramza looks
    so much different will be released to you shortly, if you haven't already figured it out yet ;)

As for the world map, I know I've seen the new image for it before, but seeing it in-game just really has such an impact.

I absolutely love the new Bar graphic. seeing everyone in the Shop and Soldier Office too is just great. +1 for whoever put those together.

For the worldmap we our friends Taichii and Mitchi to thank. As for the background images, this was Mitchi's entry
    into Jot5, by just showing up one day with a shitload of custom images. I love ya lil buddy.

As for the problems in Barius Hill, Raven has nerfed this a bit since people seem to be having an issue from it,
    but I assure you, once you pass that battle and can finally grind and such as you please, the game becomes much easier.
    The beastmaster was another one of those "why not" moments of mine, and Raven kicked ass making it a reality,
    however I probably choose a bit to early of an event for something so evil.

All in all, I'm glad you are enjoying it so much, the fact that I already know how critical you can be makes this mean even
    more, and I'm sure I speak for the entire team when I say thank you and we hope you enjoy the rest of the chapter
    as much as you've enjoyed the first 10% or so.

I 100% agree with everything Celdia has said about... everything!
    I love all the new graphic stuff (and I ended up squeeling more than she did I think XD) And I feel better knowing I didn't get pwned as much as she did.
    To tell you the truth, when I saw that new title screen + the music + no intro video to skip, I started clapping, then awkwardly realized that you guys can't hear me.

hahaha, Jumza you've shown sooooo much excitement for Chapter 1 and people like you as I've said before, gave me
    a lot of inspiration to finally got this beast of a chapter released. It bring me much joy to see how positive of a reaction it is
    getting.

Also the few skills I used that had visual effects had a feeling of modification to them.

I know you worked on some of the Jot5 skills for Raven so you will likely see those soon enough, I believe you were
    the only one to work on them, so any other change would've been just messing with the stuff in FFTP.

• <@Angel> Teach a man to fish and he'll open up a fishery to compete against yours.

• View Profile
    • [March 30, 2013, 04:39:21 AM]
    « Reply #16 on: March 30, 2013, 04:39:21 AM »
    I know you worked on some of the Jot5 skills for Raven so you will likely see those soon enough, I believe you were
    the only one to work on them, so any other change would've been just messing with the stuff in FFTP.

This would be correct.

~90% of the unique looking animations were me just fucking with things to twist something that was in Vanilla into something that looked new.  The other ~10% or so are the ones Celdia sent me.  No one else has touched the Effect files otherwise.
    Event Kid, Mr. Peanut
    • View Profile
    • [March 30, 2013, 01:15:41 PM]
    « Reply #17 on: March 30, 2013, 01:15:41 PM »
    Did you make geomancy (natures wrath on the squids) have 100% status effects? Because this keeps happening to me. And it always happens every time.
    Though eventually I managed to run into a rogue and a priest twice, and i got some free gil and items from those :)
    « Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 02:24:31 PM by Jumza »
    The Puppet ---Master---
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
    • [March 30, 2013, 03:42:46 PM]
    « Reply #18 on: March 30, 2013, 03:42:46 PM »
    hrm... Well I know that most monsters are suppose to Proc 100%. But this seems a bit wtf, lol. Raven should be able to answer once he wakes up, since he setup at the abilites and ASM's. I'm honestly not sure, but I would think that petrify should only at most be between 25-40% cuz 100% is FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

EDIT: He's fixing it right now, so hopefully he will release v1.01 within the next few hours.

There will likely be a v1.02 later tonight as well since i have some end chapter stuff to tweak. but that won't be until later tonight, since im leaving town for a little while to visit a Renaissance Festival

• View Profile
    • [March 30, 2013, 04:05:29 PM]
    « Reply #19 on: March 30, 2013, 04:05:29 PM »
    Just Round Tripped a Squid in the face for about 5 minutes and couldn't replicate your issue with Nature's Wrath.  I only got Petrified roughly 20% of the time, which is the intended amount.  (Tested on psxfin.)  Double checked my settings on all these skills to be safe and those are also correct.

The only thing I can think of is that it's an error on whatever emulator you're using because there is some ASM involved in the proc chances of skills, but no one has ever reported that error before on any emulator.  :|
    Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15