Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed. Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]
Tails_Doll_Prower [Posts: 21]
  • View Profile
  • [October 31, 2018, 07:41:09 PM]
Re: Journey of the Five - Chapter 1 DOWNLOAD HERE! (Current Version v1.97e)
« Reply #400 on: October 31, 2018, 07:41:09 PM »
Well its obviously not Jot5 as its been out for years and thousands have played it without issue. The issue is on your end, one way or another
I got it figured out- it's the Emulator, not the Files. But yeah it was my end.

Anyhow
Thanks Nyzer for the Suggestion.
Swordmaster [Posts: 19]
  • View Profile
  • [November 02, 2018, 10:17:04 PM]
« Reply #401 on: November 02, 2018, 10:17:04 PM »
I'd like to see a video of a veteran FFT player, that never saw jot5, and try the 6 turtle on zirekile falls.

Just wanted to say that the first time I played that battle it was incredibly hard!  It took everything I had to survive.  I actually did win on the first try, though barely.  I absolutely loved it.
Nyzer [Posts: 871]
  • View Profile
  • [November 03, 2018, 01:16:52 AM]
« Reply #402 on: November 03, 2018, 01:16:52 AM »
Heh. I didn't. I might've had a chance if I'd had good status effects that could shut them down, like Assassinate, Stop, or Disable. But I didn't at that point in time, and without those effects, they were too much to overcome.

IIRC I was able to survive the fight, but just couldn't get any kills. They're too tanky and can heal each other too well. And they come in before you're likely to have a team fleshed out enough to handle that.

Losing to them does help serve to steer the player towards status infliction and away from vanilla FFT's "zerg damage to win" strategy, but with no option to run from random battles it's a bit too punishing to throw out that early on, even as a teachable moment.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 02:02:33 PM by Nyzer »
    • Modding version: PSX & WotL
  • Swordmaster [Posts: 19]
    • View Profile
    • [November 03, 2018, 09:56:33 PM]
    « Reply #403 on: November 03, 2018, 09:56:33 PM »
    Losing to them does help serve to steer the player towards status infliction and away from vanilla FFT's "zerg damage to win" strategy...

One of the most important lessons to learn in this mod, I think.
    Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]