• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 11:46:32 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Skullgirls Needs You!!

Started by Disgaeafan1, March 20, 2013, 02:27:10 am

Disgaeafan1

Yeah so....

No idea if anybody here is interested in Indie Fighting games, but Skullgirls is one, and its in need of some pretty big help. Financial issues with their publisher being sued (not the Skullgirls devs fault at all) causes their funding to kinda become non existant. As a result, a huge amount of fan support has cropped up. I thought maybe some people here at FFHacktics might be interested in contributing. The swag for contributing is pretty nice too. Additionally, even though there is quite a bit of fanservice, the game is a super sold fighting game, with very little balancing issues (kinda weird for a fighting game, right?). Just a thought. Link below:

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/keep-skullgirls-growing?c=home

3lric

Quote from: Disgaeafan1 on March 20, 2013, 02:27:10 am
No idea if anybody here is interested in Indie Fighting games, but Skullgirls is one, and its in need of some pretty big help.

Considering that the goal was $150,000 and they have raised $485,403... I really don't think they are hurting that badly at all...
  • Modding version: PSX

Disgaeafan1

Yeah its more along the lines of the fact that they can't really do anything because of the publisher. So, although they did initially only want that amount, they are trying to grow as much as possible. So yeah, I guess not exactly hurting. Its not like theyre a little fish that needs water to survive- more like hoping for donations to give them more fame/ more of a chance to stand out among the big guys. Saying 'need' wasn't the best phrasing choice.