• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:25:14 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Equip X Skills Reworked

Started by Nyzer, October 20, 2023, 10:25:02 pm

Nyzer

I wanted to make a clone of Equip Change that also gave some Equip X options to the unit, allowing them to have more of a reason to bring it along to all of the various generic jobs that only have one weapon type and wouldn't have any use for Equip Change beyond replacing stolen/broken gear. Turned out the routine was super inefficient and I was able to save a ridiculous amount of space in it. Akashachi mentioned how much he liked the way that Tweak allows secondary skillsets to grant Equip skills as well, and while I don't currently intend to use it myself, I'd freed more than enough space to make it happen, so I went "sure, why not?"

I made it super customizable - seriously, it has twenty-eight variables for the end user to set up, if they so desire - but by default, it turns Equip Crossbow into Equip Bow (and Crossbow), turns the blank support 0x01E1 into "Armsmaster" (which allows shields and all non-female weapons to be equipped while also granting access to Equip Change), then grants Armsmaster to Ashley Riot's Break Arts, Equip Gun to Mustadio's Snipe, and Equip Sword to Agrias' Holy Sword, Cloud's Limit, Meliadoul's Mighty Sword, Beowulf's Magic Sword, and Orlandu's All Swordskill. Since these are dependent on specific skillsets and designed for The Lion War, they may need some tweaking if taken to vanilla. Can't remember if, say, guest Agrias uses the same skillset as joining Agrias, but if not, one of them would lack the free Equip Sword attached to the skillset.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown