• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

PrntScr your BMPs!

Started by DrHobo, February 11, 2013, 02:23:33 am

DrHobo

The Pros probably already know this or have better ways to do this but someone starting out might like to know you can Print Screen (PrntScr is on the keyboard around delete) when you are looking at a sprite (like the wonderful ones from this site) and paste it in GraphicsGale Just clip the Unit and Portrait straight from there for use when messing with your UNIT.bin and WLDFACE.bin. Saves you the trouble of messing around with the screwed up portrait thing. Here's my steps

Save the full BMP(*shishi still uses the full one) and hit PrntScr
In Graphics Gale open a new image (big enough to see the portrait and correct unit pose I jsut use 300x300)
Paste the PrntScr in there.
Drag and drop a random Unit and Wldface (or open them from wherever you have them)
Load the BMP's palate on the random Unit and Wldface(I have better luck loading the palates before pasting)
Clip the Unit and Portrait from the PrntScr image (24x40 for units and 32x48 for portraits)
Paste them appropriately.
Then 'Save As' for both Unit and Wldface
Rinse repeat!

I thought this was great because you didn't need to resize anything like most other PrntScr adventures I have been on. I can do this pretty quick using this method, great when you are respriting a whole patch lol.

Zerozx

There's already a tutorial for this buddy.

3lric

Correct. Celdia already made a indepth tutorial on this.
  • Modding version: PSX

MiKeMiTchi

I actually use that PrtScrn button during my ShiShi adventures. :D
It saves you some space if you're working on a lot of sprites, if you have a low HDD size.
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

DrHobo

Well damnit! In the future I'll just shut up and wade through the archives before I try to be clever. I have this great idea for this thing I like to call a "wheel" I hope nobody has invented it yet ;)

3lric

Lol, no need to wade thru archives, its right in the tutorials section.

Three topics below this one.
  • Modding version: PSX