Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to FFH, where all your dreams come true!

Help with my 1.3 playthrough.  (Read 1624 times)
Pages: [1] 2
Havermayer [Posts: 306] Logged
  • View Profile
  • [August 31, 2008, 11:47:09 PM]
Help with my 1.3 playthrough.
« on: August 31, 2008, 11:47:09 PM »
I'm really stuck on this battle.  A lot of the difficulty comes from a few things:

1. The Guests are a hinderance.  They are level 5's, while everyone else is 10.  But I can't level them up.  Their AI is pretty dumb as well.  Any chance that in a future version the guests could be made to automatically be your level or something?  
2. I have some nice units, but they lack the abilities needed to make them highly useful.  For instance, I have a great monk, but he doesn't have Chakra or Revive.  

So here's my party set-up:

1. Ramza Monk
Punch Arts
Item
Counter
Nothing
Move 1

Michelle - Oracle
Item
Weapon Guard
Throw Item
Move 1

Zigfried - Priest
Black Magic
Weapon Guard
Magic Attack Up
Move plus 1

Stanely - Knight
Basic Skill
Counter
Nothing
Move 1
Archael Logged
  • [September 01, 2008, 12:14:52 AM]
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 12:14:52 AM »
lvl 10 is pretty high for sand rat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDkwA0Qv ... D0&index=7

best I can do is show you how I beat it but my team was lower lvl
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 11:00:00 PM by Archael »
Bishie Logged
  • [September 01, 2008, 01:04:49 AM]
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 01:04:49 AM »
Abuse the hell out of your oracle. Zombie an archer or monk, preferably with good compatibility. After that, one phoenix down should take care of business.

Try to land a power ruin on a monk, I guess, that should do the trick.

If you're really stuck, go back out and pick up some skills like arrow guard.

And then make sure you leave one person with item secondary alive, and try to level Delita and Algus a bit.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 11:00:00 PM by Bishie »
  • View Profile
  • [September 01, 2008, 01:12:22 AM]
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 01:12:22 AM »
Quote from: "Archael7"
lvl 10 is pretty high for sand rat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDkwA0Qv ... D0&index=7

best I can do is show you how I beat it but my team was lower lvl

I couldn't beat it at level 5, so I tried to get some abilities.

I tried again, and came close.  Very close.  But I still lost.  

The battle just gets harder and harder the higher your level.  I NEED hi-potions to cure, but I can't buy them.  The enemy has an absurd equipment advantage, and I simply cannot buy anything similar to it.  And on top of this, I'm stuck with Delita and Algus, who are utterly useless and make idiotic decisions.  By leveling up more, it's just going to get harder.

and try to level Delita and Algus a bit.

You can't.
SentinalBlade [Posts: 1505] Logged
  • View Profile
  • [September 01, 2008, 02:20:17 AM]
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 02:20:17 AM »
I believe he meant leave someone alive, with item so they can heal themselves... and then let algus and delita whack him a bit to get exp...

i ended up with 2 oracles to Zombify for this battle... Excellent Strategy as far as im concerned. their equipment is a bit much at level 10... truth be told, you might end up having to start a new game... weigraf at level 15(chances are thats where youll be) will make him...i think 18 or 20... his equips will be stupid high at that point, and will make you cry like i did at level 13 T.T
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 11:00:00 PM by SentinalBlade »
  • View Profile
  • [September 01, 2008, 04:39:16 AM]
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 04:39:16 AM »
Okay, I finally beat it.  The big change was that I had my Oracle positioned so that I could cast a big "Paralyse" on 4 of their units for her first turn.  Algus was also nice enough to block the entrance, so as to severely weaken their ability to attack me.  Killed the archers, then the monks, then wore the Knights down.  

I wonder how I should set up my team as next?  I notice that I do not have anyone with large AOE type spells.  And I love, love those.
Bishie Logged
  • [September 01, 2008, 12:02:06 PM]
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2008, 12:02:06 PM »
You're dealing with Miluda and her little fort next, so bring skills that can neutralize enemies or cause permanent damage in one hit.

Head and armor break work miracles against those equip armor priests, so try to have an archer with break skills. Come to think of it, I remember a priest with flail one-shotting my guys, so weapon break that too =)

Zombie's probably even nastier here than on the last map. Hopefully your oracle has enough mp for multiple shots.

Don't forget to hire a level 1 so you can beat him up for nearly free JP(to get skills before this battle, I mean.)
  • View Profile
  • [September 04, 2008, 04:37:01 AM]
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2008, 04:37:01 AM »
Quote from: "Bishie"
You're dealing with Miluda and her little fort next, so bring skills that can neutralize enemies or cause permanent damage in one hit.

Head and armor break work miracles against those equip armor priests, so try to have an archer with break skills. Come to think of it, I remember a priest with flail one-shotting my guys, so weapon break that too =)

Zombie's probably even nastier here than on the last map. Hopefully your oracle has enough mp for multiple shots.

Oh god, this.  I didn't break any armors, or anything, so the white mages were very powerful.  And everyone had item.  So it was just a 45 minute stalemate, as I couldn't kill anyone and both sides kept reviving their guys.
  • View Profile
  • [September 04, 2008, 07:48:03 AM]
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2008, 07:48:03 AM »
Second try.  I lost after a 1.5 hour annoying battle.  

Okay, so I'm doing good so far.  I wittle down their forces to just Miluda and a single thief.  I try to kill him, but he has HP Restore, so he's back to full life.  He runs away.  He goes off and revives half of the team.  I try to focus on Miluda, but my mages have zero MP, my archer is blinded (thus useless), and the guests ignore Miluda.  Algus had his weapon broken on top of that.  Miluda's regen plus chakra nullified any damage that I did.  

So I couldn't kill her, and the rest of the team made a come back and destroyed me.
Shade [Posts: 1075] Logged
  • View Profile
  • [September 04, 2008, 07:25:47 PM]
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2008, 07:25:47 PM »
In this fight long range is almost out of question, expect mages.
They own alot if they get up, but you need to get to restore party member soon as possible.
Algus has to be close range figther or he will run away like little bitch.
close range, magics and speed is key also incore all others kill Miluda.
Healing is 2nd thing to do.

Here is my tips.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 11:00:00 PM by Shade »
Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz
You take your fucking War of the Lions gibberish and get your fucking ass out of here right fucking now before I fucking murder your fucking ass.  Fucker.  :V
Bishie Logged
  • [September 04, 2008, 07:27:28 PM]
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2008, 07:27:28 PM »
Ouch. Yeah, I recommended breaking their stuff because then even if they full heal they're within one-two shot range.

Charm is pretty good if there's only two or three people left. I prefer oracle skills slightly, though, as one proper hit can generally take someone out for a few turns. Usually the enemy will break charm if possible.

A little bit of fun I had here was giving both Delita and Algus Equip Axe. There's a battle on Mandalia Plains from the Igros side, I believe, where some squires have battle axes you can liberate =). Those crits own, and axes have 40% W-Eva. that should keep your guests alive, maybe.
  • View Profile
  • [September 08, 2008, 03:19:59 AM]
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2008, 03:19:59 AM »
Now I'm stuck on the first Wiegraf battle.  

My team now:

Ramza - Geomancer with Equip armor and Punch Art
Oracle with Item and Throw Item
Wizard with White Magic
Delita - Knight with Item
Thief with equip bow (plus steal weapon and heart)
Archer with battle skill (power ruin, armor break).

A bit of the problem is that Ramza is 3-4 levels higher than everyone else, so most of the enemies are 15, but my team is mostly 11.  Delita is 8.  Weigraf is bloody level 20.  

Also: I think 1.3 is too hard, too early.  Unless you grind, you really don't have that many useful skills, while the enemies tend to have amazing set-ups and equipment.  It tends to be more frustrating than fun.
BloodyBlade Logged
  • [September 08, 2008, 05:00:17 AM]
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2008, 05:00:17 AM »
I like 1.3! Its hard but I love the EPIC challenges. I had high level guys at that Wiggy battle. My guys was around in the 20s. I am a monster person so I rely on my monsters. I had 2 Sacreds' and they dominated.

Mimic Titan is a blessing.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 11:00:00 PM by BloodyBlade »
Archael Logged
  • [September 08, 2008, 05:43:07 AM]
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2008, 05:43:07 AM »
lol chapter 1 enemies DO NOT have amazing setups

more like half assed ones

but you need slightly better than half-ass to beat them
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 11:00:00 PM by Archael »
Bishie Logged
  • [September 08, 2008, 02:44:53 PM]
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2008, 02:44:53 PM »
Quote from: "Havermayer"
Now I'm stuck on the first Wiegraf battle.  

My team now:

Ramza - Geomancer with Equip armor and Punch Art
Oracle with Item and Throw Item
Wizard with White Magic
Delita - Knight with Item
Thief with equip bow (plus steal weapon and heart)
Archer with battle skill (power ruin, armor break).

A bit of the problem is that Ramza is 3-4 levels higher than everyone else, so most of the enemies are 15, but my team is mostly 11.  Delita is 8.  Weigraf is bloody level 20.  

Also: I think 1.3 is too hard, too early.  Unless you grind, you really don't have that many useful skills, while the enemies tend to have amazing set-ups and equipment.  It tends to be more frustrating than fun.

Steal equipment is the great equalizer =)

I was planning on running around with a couple of thieving mediators for the lulz, but I'll probably have some problems due to lack of firepower.

I might eventually resort to invitation and charm to win fights.
Shade [Posts: 1075] Logged
  • View Profile
  • [September 08, 2008, 04:13:14 PM]
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2008, 04:13:14 PM »
I think some battles are ennoying.
Its about styles.
going gor damage is good in Miluda fight and setup needs to be.
and in rat cellar there you need defensive styles and setup.
offensive style and deffensive setup is not good.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 11:00:00 PM by Shade »
Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz
You take your fucking War of the Lions gibberish and get your fucking ass out of here right fucking now before I fucking murder your fucking ass.  Fucker.  :V
BloodyBlade Logged
  • [September 09, 2008, 01:05:01 AM]
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2008, 01:05:01 AM »
Charm is pretty much a win on 1.3
  • View Profile
  • [September 10, 2008, 01:52:31 AM]
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2008, 01:52:31 AM »
Quote from: "BloodyBlade"
Charm is pretty much a win on 1.3

Oh, god yes.  My male Thief is one of my better characters.  For that battle, he charmed two of the females and kept them at bay.  He was the Key to Victoly.
BloodyBlade Logged
  • [September 10, 2008, 02:07:42 AM]
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2008, 02:07:42 AM »
Yea. Charm is pretty much a life savor on 1.3.
  • View Profile
  • [September 11, 2008, 09:37:47 AM]
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2008, 09:37:47 AM »
I completely demolished the forces at Fort Zeakdton.  

The next battle at Dorter Trade city is giving me problems.  The enemy thieves deal 156 damage per turn due to their equipment giving them plus 3 attack.  The Archers get on top of the buildings and snipe me.  The white mages snipe me with Holy too.  And they're all 5 levels ahead of my guys.  

Tried a few times, got utterly demolished.  I can't leave to train, so hopefully I didn't screw my game over.  

I'm starting to get the hang of 1.3.
Pages: [1] 2