General > Archives

ZFP Version 1.1 - Getting Fixed

(1/4) > >>

Zareb:
2012-05-11:  Working on a new release; may be a while.

Solifuge:
In the process of checking this out... looks like a lot of work went into this!

After rocking through the Oribonne Monestary fight, I'm having a pretty rough time with the Gariland fight... I think it's the lack of heals and starting with a suboptimal party makeup. This seems very item-dependant, even more than vanilla FFT; in the Gariland fight, it seemed that all the NPCs all had swords/armor, and I went in with a mix of Swords/Daggers and Robes/Clothes/Armor. Since all of the Trainee skills are close to 95% failure rate due to the new equations, having caster-items really didn't do much for me. I like the universal item-use, but you could use some starting healing items, or else that first fight could be impossible if you're unlucky enough to get mostly daggers/clothes on your initial characters.

I'll share more thoughts as I go. Very excited to check the rest of this out!

Zareb:

--- Quote from: Solifuge on April 25, 2012, 03:54:17 AM ---In the process of checking this out... looks like a lot of work went into this!

After rocking through the Oribonne Monestary fight, I'm having a pretty rough time with the Gariland fight... I think it's the lack of heals and starting with a suboptimal party makeup. This seems very item-dependant, even more than vanilla FFT; in the Gariland fight, it seemed that all the NPCs all had swords/armor, and I went in with a mix of Swords/Daggers and Robes/Clothes/Armor. Since all of the Trainee skills are close to 95% failure rate due to the new equations, having caster-items really didn't do much for me. I like the universal item-use, but you could use some starting healing items, or else that first fight could be impossible if you're unlucky enough to get mostly daggers/clothes on your initial characters.

I'll share more thoughts as I go. Very excited to check the rest of this out!

--- End quote ---

I'm happy to see you're enjoying it thus far.... adding some potions to the starter inventory will be a great idea, and the reason why the Trainee abilities fail often is partially due to the new equations, but mostly due to the low level nature of the party and the low stat multipliers of the Trainee job.  The multiplier hack I used for the hit chance formulae is fairly recent, so changes to the values will most-likely happen soon enough.  After a few days, with enough suggestions, I will release a new version of the patch full of fixes.

Oh, and the items are set, not random, so just use the Trainees with the "better" equipment set-ups for the first fight.  Use Delita as your meat-shield, and keep Ramza back for healing with Moral Support. :) 

Zareb:
2012-04-25 EDIT: The PPF download has been taken down due to the nature of the next version's changes.  Those who already downloaded my patch will have to start a new game and party with the new version of it, which will be uploaded within the next day or so.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

Joseph Strife:
Well gonna give this a try, looks interesting, waiting ofr you to post the PPF file. :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version