This subforum is for people who make large projects they cannot test themselves. This includes large ASM hacks / tools, as well as your traditional game patches. FFH right now has way too many solo projects (many of which may be impossibly large), not enough teamwork, and virtually no testing (for bugs or balance). Even when there is teamwork, it's never durable. This impairs our ability to comprehensively hack the game.
To stop laziness, recruiters must meet the following requirements
1) They must have, by their own work, released a WORKING BETA with at least some of the desired features.
2) After the recruitment process, they will continue to do work on the patch. MERE ADMINISTRATION OF THE RECRUITS IS NOT WORK ON THE PATCH ITSELF.
3) They must specify an estimate of how many people they need and what each person should be doing. In particular, testers should be told to analyze whatever the recruiter thinks could be broken/bugged (whether this be in the plot, in the balance, or in the ASM code).
Similarly, to ensure work is done steadily, fairly, and without duplication, recruits must meet the following requirements.
1) They should voluntarily agree to work for the project and do what they are best at.
2) If more than one person is working on a section, there should exist constant communication between all members working on that section. This way, the final result is self-consistent.
3) SELF-IMPOSED DEADLINES ARE TO BE EXPECTED FROM EVERY RECRUIT'S WORK. Essentially, a recruit will say that he expects to finish some % of the total work by a given time when he starts the task. If unforeseen difficulties arise, it is acceptable for the work to not be entirely completed, but on the deadline, WHAT WAS COMPLETED WILL BE SUBMITTED AS WELL AS AN EXPLANATION OF WHAT IT DOES DO AND DOES NOT YET DO. Either not submitting work or submitting minimal changes between any two deadlines WILL RESULT IN TERMINATION FROM THE PROJECT.
4) THE RECRUITER HIMSELF IS NOT EXEMPT FROM THESE RULES. A RECRUITER WHO REFUSES TO ABIDE BY THESE GUIDELINES HIMSELF LOSES ANY AUTHORITY TO COMPEL OTHERS TO WORK.
The categories (not mutually exclusive nor exhaustive) for recruits are:
2) Event Editors
3) Mechanics (i.e. people who work on/balance battle mechanics)
4) Spriters/Graphic Editors (the latter includes battle animations)