Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to FFH, where all your dreams come true!

Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150
Winner of the 2nd 1.3 AI Tournament
PX_Timefordeath [Posts: 1781] Logged
  • View Profile
  • [March 04, 2011, 03:08:02 AM]
Re: Storyline Battle & Challenge Discussion
« Reply #2960 on: March 04, 2011, 03:08:02 AM »
Infinite stock? No, he uses YOUR elixirs. Now hate him for wasting your Elixirs.
SWFFT [Posts: 77] Logged
  • View Profile
  • [March 04, 2011, 03:14:41 AM]
« Reply #2961 on: March 04, 2011, 03:14:41 AM »
Infinite stock? No, he uses YOUR elixirs. Now hate him for wasting your Elixirs.
GRRR...and here I thought the whole time that I was able to save every single elixir I obtained for the final battle...BEOWULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLF!!!!!!!!!!!!
Zenius [Posts: 418] Logged
  • View Profile
  • [March 04, 2011, 05:39:02 AM]
« Reply #2962 on: March 04, 2011, 05:39:02 AM »
^ LOL

AI Tournament Season 4 Winner's Bracket Semifinalist
The old (un)wise bastard
Dome [Posts: 4743] Logged
  • View Profile
  • [March 04, 2011, 05:58:30 AM]
« Reply #2963 on: March 04, 2011, 05:58:30 AM »

Friends are like boobs:
Some are big, some are small
Some are real, some are fake
Avalanche [Posts: 160] Logged
  • View Profile
  • [March 05, 2011, 08:36:10 AM]
« Reply #2964 on: March 05, 2011, 08:36:10 AM »
Well i would use all my Elixirs for this stupid Battle.

Somehow i guess "Magic-atack-up" and "earth-clothes" doesnt boost the dmg, since "space storage" stil only deals 130 dmg and "sky demon" 150. with Rafa 20 Ma

somethings wrong there must be a bug. (explains why im loosing it so often ^^)
SWFFT [Posts: 77] Logged
  • View Profile
  • [March 05, 2011, 09:09:19 AM]
« Reply #2965 on: March 05, 2011, 09:09:19 AM »
Just finished 1.3...so tired. I think that last battle lasted something like 3 hours O_O EPIC. I just realized I, personally, never used a single Elixir throughout 1.3 (since Beowulf used all of mine during the Colliery battles...hahaha...>_<)

Just a few comments:

-I actually felt that the Altima battles were not that hard compared to other battles (it took 2 tries; the first time I didn't get past Altima 1 but got a good feel for how the battle was going to go to be able to beat it on the second try). I feel like it's largely a test of endurance and staying sharp as opposed to complex strategies. What made it drag on for so long for me was that Altima 1/2 would Teleport all over the map, making it a pain for Cloud to get within range to Climhazzard (I forgot to get him Move+3, so he only had Move+1 for the match...). I found the hardest battles to be (excluding Chapter I/II where I was still a total noob and didn't know how to play 1.3) Bed Desert, Outside St. Muround Temple, and the first Colliery battle before I did some reading and polished my strategy...

-Why oh why was Terror given to Altima? It made the battle more annoying and just dragged it on for me than making it more difficult (thankfully Altima never bothered to try to turn everybody into a Chicken, particularly Alma & Cloud...that would have really brought things to a screeching halt...). Maybe I wasn't thinking clearly, but is there nothing I could have done to get my guys out of chicken other than waiting 10 turns?

-Why does the CPU sometimes cast spells lazily (and thus stupidly)? For example, at one point Altima casted Return 2 on himself and 2 other guys on my team (and it successfully set Altima's CT to 0). Not going to complain about that, but...at one point Alma, right after reviving from re-raise, casted Cure 4 right on herself to cure herself, an ally...AND Altima (he healed 999 HP)! Ramza was critical just a few panels away and she could have done Cure 4 in such a way to have healed only her and my 2 guys that needed healing...

-I wish I could read Alma's mind sometimes...I often found myself having Ramza Yell himself only to have Alma MBarrier him before Yell executes (or vice versa with Ramza trying to Yell Alma...). I also wish I could somehow tell Alma my strategy sometimes (like trying to put all the Ultima Demons to sleep...she kept waking them up with her stupid spells!)

-At one point Altima 2 did a melee punch on Reis for 1 damage...anyone know why Altima would choose such a move and why it did only 1 damage?

-All-Ultima is silly

-How much HP at Level 99 do Altima 1 & Altima 2 have? I tried to mentally keep track and I counted something like 10k for Altima 1 and 15k for Altima 2?

-I'm really glad I stumbled upon this patch/community. The countless hours I put into this game were quite enjoyable and the little FFT portion of my brain really loved this new feeling of being challenged and actually having to work hard to beat battles. What I liked the most about 1.3 was how humbling it was. I never realized just how completely clueless I was about the inner-workings of this game and how to develop good strategies.

Now I don't know where to go next...definitely need a little break from FFT for a little while, and I'm not sure I want to bang my head against the wall with the Deep Dungeon. What other patches do people usually try after 1.3?

Avalanche: The Earth-Clothes should boost the Sky Demon attacks...I'm not sure why it's not working for you.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 10:05:14 AM by SWFFT »
Teh Video Expert
Wiz [Posts: 763] Logged
  • View Profile
  • [March 07, 2011, 04:06:44 PM]
« Reply #2966 on: March 07, 2011, 04:06:44 PM »

Part 48 might come up later tonight (depends if it uploads in time), and if not, definitely tomorrow.

Part 49's the last vid of 1.3 for now and just have to compress all the parts to fit them all into one video.

Bottom Line: Next post is the last vid here of 1.3 for a while, need to take a break from it.

Edit: Part 48 added with 15 minutes left to do it. YES!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 01:14:59 AM by Wiz »
http://www.youtube.com/user/Wizdaddy714 ... check out my Youtube Channel and subscribe.
Teh Video Expert
Wiz [Posts: 763] Logged
  • View Profile
  • [March 09, 2011, 10:20:28 PM]
« Reply #2967 on: March 09, 2011, 10:20:28 PM »

That's it for now <.<

I'll do the rest of these later in the future

http://www.youtube.com/user/Wizdaddy714 ... check out my Youtube Channel and subscribe.
Unreliable as a Mime.
The Damned [Posts: 2006] Logged
  • View Profile
  • [April 04, 2011, 10:10:39 PM]
« Reply #2968 on: April 04, 2011, 10:10:39 PM »
So, I finally fired up the emulator again just to see if still can run smoothly considering how little memory there is on this computer at present and, surprisingly, it runs as smoothly as it ever did after changing all the initial settings for optimal stuff. Weird.

Even odder is that I finally managed to beat Zalmo on just the second try of after not playing for a year almost solely because of him and how stupidly little damage and everyone else takes in a fight where revival and Elixirs gets thrown around. I owe it to Nameless Dance just Stopping half of his team from the get-go, the Hamedo monk of his team then immediately getting turned into a Frog by the Second Nameless (had two Nameless Dancer), Revive not missing Alma after Zalmo'd used Holy on her (like always) and Steal Heart from a Thief with 12 Speed an Assassin Dagger.

It dragged on for an hour since I killed everyone and had to use Phoenix Down as a weapon towards the end of match so that stupid Raise 2s would actually miss. Ended up having to run him out of MP and keep him from moving then beat on him for five turns while baiting him with two Equip Armor Golems on the Dancing Archer and eventually Power Ruining him. Weird how the whole Equip Armor Summoner strategy worked just by giving the Archer Dance Secondary and Concentrate instead of Item and Throw Item.

Got a Morning Star, Platina Armor and another pair of Feathers Boots from chests.
TheChad [Posts: 17] Logged
  • View Profile
  • [April 04, 2011, 11:16:49 PM]
« Reply #2969 on: April 04, 2011, 11:16:49 PM »
So around December I found this site and decided to give 1.3 a try.  I had played vanilla back when I was in school about 5 years ago and really enjoyed it...but after I got Orlandu I powerleveled a bit and then realized the game was no longer challenging, so I never even finished.  I think the last battle I played back then was the Bethla Sluice Gate.  Anyway, around new years I figured 1.3 sounded perfect to restore the challenge, so I found an emulator and gave it a go.  I just barely got by Sweegy Woods and could not get past Dorter Slums, proving just how little I actually knew about the game.

I then I tried Easytype, which was much more in line with my ability, and I got pretty far into the game.  I think I made it all the way up to Balk I, but at that point I was itching to give the real 1.3 a try again.  I learned an awful lot about the game by playing Easytype.  Starting 1.3 again I paid a lot more attention to intra-party compatibility, balanced leveling, being conscious not to overlevel, etc.  Now after a few weeks I'm finally near the end, which is the first time I've ever gotten this far on any version of FFT.  I must say, I really enjoy the difficulty spike once you hit Murond.  Everyone being immortal-flagged in the home stretch really makes things interesting - a few bad turns and a battle that was seemingly in control now has the entire enemy team revived.  Because of this, I think the underground book storage level 4 might have been the most difficult of the final battles so far, just because you have to kill everyone.  Against Rofel/Kletian/Balk, it was difficult finding the right setup to get the assassination in, but once I found it I think each of those battles was over in less than 2 rounds.  If those were kill 'em alls, The entire battle though he was getting horrible luck landing Sky Demon Back, even when there were only 2 or 3 panels to hit.  I had him in a corner once with only 2 panels and it hit 8 of 10 times on the blank spot.  I finally got him though when he carelessly wandered to the bow of the airship...Malak cornered him and he was standing on the only available Untruth panel.  He gave the big wimper on the 8th hit at about 375 each, then Malak gave him 2 more shots just for fun.

So that brings me to Altima...I understand this may be a long battle so it may take a while to finally finish the game.  I'm at level 71, which is probably higher than recommended but doable since I see some Level 99 runs out there.

I've been lurking around these forums since around December, so I've seen the drama with Archael and 1.3 take place...but really, everyone who had even a small hand in this patch deserves a massive thank you.  Playing 1.3 has been about the most satisfying video game experience I think I've had...it's tough to explain the fist-pumping satisfaction you get from finally taking down a battle you've struggled to crack even with dozens of resets (looking at you Zalmo I and Velius), but it's borderline euphoric.  The fun I've had playing 1.3 has inspired me to find a way to contribute to this community, even if I have no hacking skills.
  • View Profile
  • [April 08, 2011, 01:24:59 AM]
« Reply #2970 on: April 08, 2011, 01:24:59 AM »
Finally beat it - that battle took forever!  I figured the best way to ensure victory was abuse speed save, but the toughest part was surviving the beginning of the battle.  I probably had 20 resets before I was able to gain control of the fight.  I went in with Ramza as a squire/monk, Agrias as a Holy Sword/Chemist, Meliadoul as a Lancer/Monk, Orlandu as a Swordsman/Monk, and Malak as a Hell Knight/Bard.  All had speed save and Magic Def Up.  Malak was boosting everyone's battle power while everyone else was sandbagging and Ramza was throwing stones.  Occasionally I'd have to rekill all the demons, but once speed got into the 20s that wasn't to bad and once it got near 50 they wouldn't get turns.  Once I had control it was just a matter of getting speed up (which took a long time...I started the winning fight 3 nights ago and played a few hours a night!!

Once everyone had 50 speed and I started to attack it went pretty quick.  It feels like a cheap way to win, but I wanted to make sure I actually did beat it once.  I may tplary the battle again without a speed-save strategy to see what else might work, but I have a feeling it will be incredibly difficult.

If I had to do it again I'd probably want more Salty Rages - I only had one.  Both Agrias and Meliadoul had ribbons and Agrias had the Salty Rage - that combo made her pretty tough to take down.  I'd probably also want to take more females just because grand cross and invite were so annoying...maybe take Rafa instead of Malak or bring Reis (assuming I complete Colliery and play back through Orbonne).

All in all 1.3 has been an incredibly satisfying patch.

I also still need to play through Colliery and DD.
Likes to move it move it.
philsov [Posts: 4599] Logged
  • View Profile
  • [April 08, 2011, 09:08:35 PM]
« Reply #2971 on: April 08, 2011, 09:08:35 PM »
congrats!

If you're planning on braving the DD, you're going to need a lot more than speed saving :)

Just another rebel plotting rebellion.
The old (un)wise bastard
Dome [Posts: 4743] Logged
  • View Profile
  • [April 08, 2011, 09:11:58 PM]
« Reply #2972 on: April 08, 2011, 09:11:58 PM »
congrats!

If you're planning on braving the DD, you're going to need a lot more than speed saving :)

Friends are like boobs:
Some are big, some are small
Some are real, some are fake
  • View Profile
  • [April 09, 2011, 01:50:00 AM]
« Reply #2973 on: April 09, 2011, 01:50:00 AM »
congrats!

Thanks - I'm sure you're right.  Need to grind up to 99 too - maybe I'll try colliery at my current level (60-something I think) and see how that goes - if necessary I'll get up to 99 for that first.  I love how this patch really makes you earn every victory. 
Kaffe [Posts: 61] Logged
  • View Profile
  • http://kaffemyers.com
  • [April 13, 2011, 12:47:25 AM]
« Reply #2974 on: April 13, 2011, 12:47:25 AM »
I just started again... I'm at Fort Zeakden! xD

So, Ramza lvl 6 is OK there, right? Already feel like I need luck to win...
Likes to move it move it.
philsov [Posts: 4599] Logged
  • View Profile
  • [April 14, 2011, 05:03:11 PM]
« Reply #2975 on: April 14, 2011, 05:03:11 PM »
Level 6 is beyond OK.  You should be able to pummel him mercilessly.

Just another rebel plotting rebellion.
  • View Profile
  • [April 15, 2011, 08:58:25 AM]
« Reply #2976 on: April 15, 2011, 08:58:25 AM »
Yeah, my only problem is that I want to get out as much as possible from every fight (items, skills, whatever) which is why they take time and I have to replay. If I just aim to kill, winning isn't a problem. I have a hard time adjusting to that instead of cat-fighting my way through. I get played if I do that. >.<

ETA: by the way, I'm not stuck there, I whipped his ass a couple of days ago and I'm past Araguay Woods now. This is also not my first play-through, I think I was in chapter 3 the last time, only too high-leveled. It was half-impossible, I tell you. :p

ETA2: Now I'm at Goug. I've only tried it once, but everyone except Ramza was dead within two rounds. Is there such a thing to enter with too low level as well? My chars are between 12 and 15. Even if I just played that map once now, it feels almost pointless to carry on as my characters are right now. o.O

ETA3: Tried a second time. It wasn't remotely as bad this time. I did get my ass kicked, but I found hope. Doing a third run after the shower. x]

ETA4: Took a few resets, but in the end, I had Mustadio punch the last enemy to death, just to compensate. xD
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 07:27:57 PM by Kaffe »
What need have -I- for a title?
Samuraiblackbelt [Posts: 932] Logged
  • View Profile
  • [May 05, 2011, 02:53:03 AM]
« Reply #2977 on: May 05, 2011, 02:53:03 AM »
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 02:53:54 AM by Samuraiblackbelt »
<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

PGF: "You are ignoring this user. Click to see their post."
  • View Profile
  • [May 07, 2011, 02:07:05 PM]
« Reply #2978 on: May 07, 2011, 02:07:05 PM »
So, if I'm level 12-15 at Golgorand Execution Site... should I level up? :p
I'm getting pretty much raped in there and I feel like my characters just ain't got what it takes to finish that battle in their current state.

ETA: Going slow here. Anyway, I did level up, all 18-20. Meteor helped quite some as well as an extremely good ratio on status effects by attacks (stasis sword, geomancy, sniping). Luck strikes once again. <eyeroll>

I don't feel very cocky...
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 10:18:15 PM by Kaffe »
drbretto [Posts: 111] Logged
  • View Profile
  • [June 16, 2011, 04:48:39 AM]
« Reply #2979 on: June 16, 2011, 04:48:39 AM »
Leveling is never good for you, except DD.

However, taking some time to get some more skills can be. For best grinding results, bring in a low level chemist for some basic healing/sandbagging to beat on for 1 exp (if he's 10 or more levels below your party)
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150