The coin felt heavy in his hand. The golden surface reflected a heavenly image of gates, shining in the morning sun. Somehow it felt like his entire life had lead to this one event, the gentle hand of fate guiding him to their city, Telid'. He was to meet the living gods, beings so powerful and magnificent that no one knew what else to call them. Only years earlier, Virkum, set himself to gain an audience with these living gods in order to save his family from starving.
So much has happened since then, so much so that it seemed like a lifetime ago. He had tasted bloodshed and power since then and though he was no greedy man, it had changed him, for the better or so he hoped. His eyes finally gazed up as the gates opened, revealing a palace that was made of silver marble laced with black and seemed to glow with the radiance that was godhood. Little did he know, this was but the start of a long journey.
The goal of Aevum: The Black Rose is to best reflect the magic that has been designed for a role-play I made on Roleplayer Guild.Our Hero: VirkumList of Changes to meet this Goal
• There will be eleven classes, reach reflecting a level of mastery over magic, from Novice, Apprentice, Journeymen, and beyond.
• There will be 8 words that the player can learn through-out the game, with room for 4 more if needed. Some examples include, Flame, Thunder, Life, and Warrior.
• Abilities will require the Word of Focus support ability to use each type of magic. For example, to use [Flame: Fireball], you'd have to equip [Word of Focus: Flame] as a support ability. Each class will have several types of word magic, but characters will only be able to equip two words of focus at any one time.
• Fusion Magic will be present, magic that will be useable once two words are combined. An example is using [Word of Focus: Flame] and [Word of Focus: Warrior]. This would grant you the ability to use [Flame Warrior: Fire Strike] in battle.
• Using FDC's ASM, characters will be limited to one level per battle along with 150 JP awarded for winning each map. Also, random encounters will not exist.
• Special characters besides Virkum (Ramza with a new sprite) will not be playable at all, since Holy Knights, Dark Knights, and Soldiers do not exist in this type of setting. However, sidequests will still be available.
• Price adjusting.
• More focus on melee (since magic will be - generally - more limited via amount of options).
• Only blades, spears, polearms (or staves), daggers, bows, crossbows, ninja blades, and katanas.List of Changes that may happen
• New Spell Effects
• New Music
• Slightly altered scenes (a combined effort to get rid of special characters).
• Lower Gold (Gil) rewards.
• Light, Medium, Heavy Armor.List of changes that have happened
• Renamed skills in the FFT Patcher for better organization.
• Completed Virkum's sprite.
• Made final decision on max HP/MP/PA/MA.
• Completed Job Class, skills, and skillsets up to Journeymen
• Applied ASM hacks to ISO.
• Added Additional effects to equipping words.
• Came up with all new generic skillset, skills, and job names.
• Job Names: Novice, Apprentice, Journeymen, Adept, Expert, Master, Grandmaster, Demi-Deity, Lesser Deity, Greater Deity, Immortal Deity
• Skillset names: Incantation I-III For Ramza, Magic I-XI for generics.
• Spell Names (76 spells total)
Life: Cure I-III, Heal I-III
Warrior: Double Slash, Triple Slash, Endless Blades, Wind Blade I-III
Flame: Inferno I-III, Blaze I-III
Thunder: Bolt I-III, Lightning I-III
Ice: Icicle I-III, Blizzard I-III
Earth: Breath I-III, Quake I-III
Bless: Angel Tear I-III, Everlight I-III
Curse: Devil Kiss I-III, Black Void I-III
Fusion Waterlash, Flare, Magma, Phoenix, Bravery, Melt, Flame Blade, Hail, Wither, Icy Death, Reflect, Freeze, Sharpen, Thunderburst, Mystic Armor, Quickness, Slow, Lightning Stab, Rock Armor, Regeneration, Break, Earth Slash, Infuse Life, Damnation, Blood Sword, Esuna, Hallowed Blade, Dispel Strike.
That's all for now. If I think of more changes that are planned or discussed, I'll edit this. Thank you.