• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 04:19:59 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Original Jot5 Thread

Started by Elric, October 24, 2011, 04:53:34 am

Elric

Well the events are essentially done, Pride is still working a few bugs out of a few things, then I will be testing chapter 1 completely from start to finish about 100 times or so, fixing anything i might seen wrong along the way.   At around this time I will pass everything off to Raven to implement all the abilities he made and a few other things. Once this is finished we will bug test a few more times, and if everything is okay then we will release.

I know it seems like a lot, but with as hard as i worked on the events and as hard as everyone else worked with writing, ASM's worldmap, attack.out, abilities, Sprites, EVTCHR and a bunch of other stuff. I really dont want to have to release a bunch of bugfixes a week after the mod is out.

But we all very much appreciate the patience of everyone here and promise that the wait will be justified :P
  • Modding version: PSX

Elric

Annnnnnd. Double post, but i feel it was important enough. Pride finished up the Worldmap just now and so tomorrow after work i will change all offsets to the new correct offsets, plus the setup events.

I will also import the new attack.out and conditions and start testing for bugs!

Pride

\o/

Now to do some ASMs for Jot5

* Pride feels the crack of Elric/Raven's whip
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

zaiahboy21

sounds good!! take your time, cant rush perfection

DarkShade

That's true. Rome wasn't built in a day so take your time guys. Also I still here to help.
Sprites
  Check out my sprites
  here

Zetaro

i come back after a year and now i see this! MUST HAVE!!!! but as a patient person i'll wait until its finished. so far my mind has been blown to many pieces. please continue your work. i look forward to playing this patch.
Everyone will know the name Zetaro!

Elric

May 11, 2012, 09:09:32 pm #486 Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 09:19:24 pm by Elric42
haha i thank you, I'm workingon getting my bugtesting setup now :P tho since i worked 12 hours today i likely wont do much til tomorrow lol

Also, as of now, the Jot5 thread has made 10,000 views!!! Thank you everyone for your support and interest, I know i speak for the rest of the Jot5 team in saying it means a lot to us.
You guys are why this mod is still going and even made possible!

Durbs

Really? Wow. Not too shabby. ^_^

Let's get this thing out to the team to bugtest.

Elric

Well i gotta finiah my bugtest first to make sure everything is up and running, but since pride did the attack.out and worldmap I'm sure itll be fine, you will know in a couple days or so

Kagebunji

Heh, I am up for bugtesting too.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Joseph Strife

Ha! Everyone is Kage, i can almost taste it. :D

Oh my, 10.000 views, i hadn't noticed, this is amazing!
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

zaiahboy21

Just watched some of your videos on youtube, the storyline is soooo sick!!!! I can only imagine the amount of hard work that ya put into it. This game looks better than most games that have come out recently. It'll be a good day when this game is released!!!!!

Joseph Strife

Thanks of your kind words man, i know i speak for the rest of the team when i say that it is an honour to have so much people waiting for this, just give us some more time, we're almost at it!
And yes, it was a lot of work, but this is just Ch.1, all way up to Ch.4 is still to be worked on.
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"

Elric

Quote from: Joseph Strife on May 14, 2012, 07:43:08 pm
Thanks of your kind words man, i know i speak for the rest of the team when i say that it is an honour to have so much people waiting for this, just give us some more time, we're almost at it!
And yes, it was a lot of work, but this is just Ch.1, all way up to Ch.4 is still to be worked on.

^^These things

Elric

Getting closer everyday, the worldmap is essentially all setup and working/running, barring a minor snag that should be fixed this weekend

* Elric42 is getting very excited

fladimir_hokage

sorry for the useless comment, but I wonder if the project is already in its final phase for a demo or something because I am very excited, because I'm a fan of every character in his mod, if possible post some updates for me and for all know how this design, appreciative!

PS: Ooh sorry for bad english speaking, I am Brazilian
I hope you understand: D

Joseph Strife

Yes man, we're at final stages of development, current we're linking everythings, setting the finals touches and bugtesting a little, i guess that no more than 2, maybe 3 weeks from now this will be out for you guys.

P.s.: If you have more doubts about it you can PM me, i'm brazilian too, like you. ( BRASIL AQUI! :mrgreen: )

Elric

Quote from: fladimir_hokage on May 18, 2012, 09:59:02 am
sorry for the useless comment, but I wonder if the project is already in its final phase for a demo or something because I am very excited, because I'm a fan of every character in his mod, if possible post some updates for me and for all know how this design, appreciative!

PS: Ooh sorry for bad english speaking, I am Brazilian
I hope you understand: D

Everything Joseph Strife says it completely true. But i also wanted to add, no comment is useless (unless it is meant to be)
I'm always very glad to see new people taking interest in Journey of the Five, and even tho a current demo hasn't been released,
It is only due to the fact that we made a team decision long ago to not release until Chapter 1 is done, I don't want to have to make updates
and would instead rather start working on Chapter 2 of Jot5 as well as another 2 mods I'm working on upon the release of Jot5 Chapter 1.

Stay Tuned, we promise not to disappoint!

EDIT: Also, if you need a Jot5 fix, we do have a trailer on my Youtube channel as well as a few other events as well