Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Glain [Posts: 487]
  • View Profile
  • [July 13, 2018, 02:34:37 PM]
Haha, yeah... I think it's a cleaner way to just win a battle without having to create uber Wish or what have you.

It finishes the battle by running the (first) victory event.  It also makes the game think all enemies are defeated (to make it work with random battles).
The Puppet ---Master---
Elric (Overseer) [Posts: 4068]
  • View Profile
  • Youtube Channel
  • http://steamcommunity.com/id/Bones42
  • [July 27, 2018, 05:21:12 PM]
Haha, yeah... I think it's a cleaner way to just win a battle without having to create uber Wish or what have you.

It finishes the battle by running the (first) victory event.  It also makes the game think all enemies are defeated (to make it work with random battles).

It took me a few tries to get it to work, but since it is, it is very very helpful.

I do have a request and feel free to tell me to stuff it, but I was wondering if you could possibly make a similar ASM, but instead of jumping directly to the victory event, it jumps to the next condition in line? Is that doable? Something like that would be extremely helpful to me in cases such as now, where I am completely rearranging the entire game (attack.out GUI, attack.out conditions spreadsheet, worldmap conditions, event offsets, event script numbers, etc.) so that I make sure I don't miss anything.

Again, if you feel it's not worth the trouble, I completely understand as I know the amount of people who would use it aside from possibly Pride and myself is likely very few, but for the few that do, it would be used a shit ton

• Modding version: PSX
  • <@Angel> Teach a man to fish and he'll open up a fishery to compete against yours.
    Journey of the Five Youtube ChannelThe Lion War Current Status

Jot5 Leader :: Eventer :: OtherTLW Leader :: Eventer :: Other
    • View Profile
    • [July 27, 2018, 08:51:11 PM]
    Hmm.... I think the patch could be adapted to do something like that.  The main difference is probably having to keep track of which scenario is the "current" one... but it also makes me think there could be multiple button combinations.

(Base button combination): Play the current event
    (Base button combination) + Left: Go to previous event (roll around to the end if already at the first?)
    (Base button combination) + Right: Go to next event (roll around to the start if already at the last?)

Or maybe different button combinations based on which event you want to play? (First, second, third, etc.)

Things can get weird if you keep repeatedly running the same event though (without reloading). When I was still developing the patch, I had a bug where it would always play the intro event instead of the victory event, and after that happened enough times, things became... interesting to say the least :D
    The Puppet ---Master---
    Elric (Overseer) [Posts: 4068]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/Bones42
    • [July 28, 2018, 06:32:32 AM]
    If you can swing it it would be awesome. But dont lose any sleep over it. It would be a help, but im not trying to force anything like that on ya lol.

And yeah the same thing happens when you try to jump to the wrong event in the attack.out, used to happen to me all the time when I first started eventing a million years ago lol

• <@Angel> Teach a man to fish and he'll open up a fishery to compete against yours.
    Journey of the Five Youtube ChannelThe Lion War Current Status

Jot5 Leader :: Eventer :: OtherTLW Leader :: Eventer :: Other
    Timbo [Posts: 537]
    • View Profile
    • [September 08, 2018, 10:10:48 PM]
    Re: Glain's Assorted ASM (Modify unit number, insta-win, dupe fixes, etc.)
    « Reply #44 on: September 08, 2018, 10:10:48 PM »
    Can we use your hack to reorder guest units too?
    • View Profile
    • [September 08, 2018, 10:49:14 PM]
    « Reply #45 on: September 08, 2018, 10:49:14 PM »
    Looking over the code again, it should only work for non-guests (first 16 slots).  The unit backfill hack will change unit numbers of guests however (when a guest leaves the party).
    Timbo [Posts: 537]
    • View Profile
    • [September 08, 2018, 11:39:47 PM]
    « Reply #46 on: September 08, 2018, 11:39:47 PM »
    That's great. Thanks for the info.
    xjamxx [Posts: 36]
    • View Profile
    • https://steamcommunity.com/id/xjamxx
    • [September 26, 2018, 07:46:28 PM]
    « Reply #47 on: September 26, 2018, 07:46:28 PM »
    I rewrote some hacks in asm mode mostly, should i post them here? start a new thread? or keep them for myself? :?
    I will upload my work here (merged old files - added new PRE):

Ok, done with all the hacks i wanted (i pulled them in vanilla code, they are in the non - PRE file). Here is my fft version (based on fft - complete with all my hacks (don't count the first ones till draw out fix), no hooking - plus some modded sprites from this site):

I guess that's all, i will take a long break. Cya all.

UPDATE (Nov-25) added better transition hack and fixed PRE ch1 fix (for some reason i forgot entd 188, added now).
    « Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 06:35:43 PM by xjamxx »
  • <Random> This seems to be a PSX issue.
    <Elric> A psx issue? That makes no sense. Sounds more like an issue with your OS.
    Pages: 1 2 [3]