Projects > New Project Ideas

Final Fantasy Tactics: Redesign - Redesigned Opening Post! (Image Heavy)

<< < (2/8) > >>

Joseph Strife:
Nice Idea Raven! This sound like a good patch to play, keep it up i hope you can get it up and running and release a beta fast ;)

Shade:
Is there way to change fury and faith permantly?

RavenOfRazgriz:
Thanks for the support, guys.

@MysticKnightFF5:  The Charge +X innate is mostly a damage-stability thing.  Every class can competently Attack now if it desires, so it's an unbiased change.  It's one of the features meant to stop games being dragged down into stalemates easily. 

@Hana: Good to hear.  I'll be keeping things up, though I really need to polish up my monster notes before I can even consider posting them.  They're so old, QQ.  I've got ideas, though...

@Lijj: Dual Supports really are meant to be one of the most defining features here.  The only thing that may become shaky is implementing a few of the Support Abilities, but with FDC's Formula Hack making everything so modular it *should* be easy.

@Tyler Delynn: A lot of people have told me I put far too much effort into it, lol.

@Joseph Strife: That's why I'm compiling my notes on the level of a Master Guide beforehand.  Once the tools I need are finished, a gameplay beta should be quick to do.  It may not include all of the Support Abilities immediately, but it'll be enough.

@Shade: There is not, no, else you'd have geniuses running around with 100 Fury and other such things like they do in Vanilla and defeat the entire point of the Fury/Will system.   

As for updates:

I tried introducing two classes (a Paladin and a Bombadier), but I couldn't fit them into my sliding scales properly.  They'll either be introduced later or worked into Special Characters of some kind. 

Base stats were shuffled around slightly. (Mixed classes gained a bit of HP, Samurai gained PA/MA and Monk/Wizard lost PA/MA.)

Blind Fury/Blind Will now give +8 Fury/Will on hit.

Support commands were shuffled around a bit on the Knight-Ranger-Priest-Oracle tier to give them a better spread.

Strikethrough and Pullthrough were merged into a single Support, and no longer affect Berserk/Protect/Shell.  Filling in the new Support slot is No Counter, which nulls Reaction commands from both the user and anyone the user attacks.

Perseus Bow now gives Always: Float, Repeater Bow Gun got a WP boost, Ninjatos all got a WP boost.  Miracle Shield was added.  Status List updated because I herped and I derped when I made it the first time.

I'm going to leave these notes alone now, though, and get to monsters within the next couple days.  Lots of work to do on those.

Shade:

--- Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on August 16, 2011, 07:15:32 PM ---@Shade: There is not, no, else you'd have geniuses running around with 100 Fury and other such things like they do in Vanilla and defeat the entire point of the Fury/Will system.   

--- End quote ---

Myself woulda taken lowest possible fury and will and then used 100% poison proc weapons, but hey that's just me.

RavenOfRazgriz:

--- Quote from: Shade on August 16, 2011, 07:26:49 PM ---Myself woulda taken lowest possible fury and will and then used 100% poison proc weapons, but hey that's just me.

--- End quote ---

You're free to do that anyway, but there's no difference between the two then because there are no ways to reduce Fury/Will, only boost them.  Defending has plenty of other perks though to make up for this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version