• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:25:35 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

UNIT.BIN

Started by djd92, June 30, 2011, 05:11:35 pm

djd92

could someone help me.I have a psp iso and  whenever i go into umdgen to extract the unit.bin and wildface.bin i cant find them....every guide i see tells me these are neccesary for editing fromation screen sprites but i cnt find the 2 .BIN files

Author

Here's how to do it, in a few simple steps:

Step 1: Open up UMDGen.

Step 2: Find your FFT: WoTL ISO, and open that in UMDGen.

Step 3: Go to "USRDir" (For the US Version), and right-click and extract fftpack.bin.

Step 4: Create a folder somewhere. Name it whatever, you'll need it soon.

Step 5: After that, open up FFTPatcher. Click on the "PSP" tab then "Utilities".

Step 6: Click "Extract fftpack.bin". Choose the folder you created as the extraction point.

Step 7: Open up FFTEVGRP, if you already have your sprites inserted and such. If not, use Shishi's Sprite Editor to insert the sprites.

Step 8: Use these guides if you're not sure how to insert custom sprites/create custom characters.

Step 9: Once you get the two sprites necessary ([NAME]F.bmp and [NAME]P.bmp), open up FFTEVGRP, and load up the UNIT.BIN and WLDFACE.BIN files, located in your handy folder under "EVENT".

Step 10: After you finish inserting the sprites, save UNIT.BIN, WLDFACE.BIN, and WLDFACE4.BIN over in the EVENT part of your handy folder.

Step 11: Open FFTPatcher again, if you closed it. Back to "PSP", then to "Utilities" and select "Rebuild fftpack.bin". Put it somewhere you can find it easily, but in a different location then the original fftpack.bin you extracted.

Step 12: Almost done now! Open UMDGen again, open your ISO file, back to "USRDir" (Again, for the US Version.), and delete the fftpack.bin in the ISO. Then, insert your fftpack.bin.

Step 13: Done. You have inserted your own custom UNIT.BIN and WLDFACE.BIN files! Congratulations!

That's usually how it's done.