• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

FFTacText issue when Patching ISO (PSP VERSION)

Started by broge0873, June 19, 2011, 09:58:12 am

broge0873

June 19, 2011, 09:58:12 am Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 10:13:04 am by broge0873
First off I would like to say hi to everyone as I have just found this awesome site and am very interesting in modding one of my favorite games. I was trying to change some of the basic texts in the game and came across an error while patching the ISO using FFTacText. It says DTE for BOOT.BIN 5 failed. The ISO has NOT been modified.

So since I was working off the 1.3 patched ISO I decided it would be best to start from a completely clean ISO. So I extracted the ISO from the UMD disk and made a copy to work off of in case I needed the original ISO. Just out of curiosity I started from a clean text edit without any changes and attempted to patch the ISO with that and the same error popped up everytime. BIN 5 has all the dismiss quotes in it and I haven't edited it so I don't know why the DTE would fail.

I have tried to save the text and open the load file instead from the ISO as suggested by the forums and the problem still persists. Also when I try to restore just that section I FFTacTect crashed with the following message: Unhandled exception has occured in your application. It then forces me to quit or continue but continuing does not change the error. I am using the latest version of the editor from the download section. I don't know if my computer specs atter but I am using a 32-bit windows vista computer also.  Anyone have any ideas?

GeneralStrife

First, save the changes as a fftpatch file, then open that file with the fftpatcher, and patch the iso with that file intead of opening the iso and modifying/patching it

broge0873

I tried that method. I saved the file and closed the program. Opened up the program and loaded the save. Attempted topatch the ISO and the same error persists :(

GeneralStrife

Yeah text patcher sucks, I got the same problem with my iso it says the dte for open.lzw fails, no clue wtf to do.

MagiusRerecros

Quote from: GeneralStrife on June 19, 2011, 09:11:37 pm
Yeah text patcher sucks, I got the same problem with my iso it says the dte for open.lzw fails, no clue wtf to do.

This issue has been addressed many times throughout the forum. It usually means that whatever file it's listing has too much text in it. For example, in various files in the psx version, there is quite a bit of japanese text that isn't really needed for anything, and can therefore be deleted to conserve space.
Move Zig. For great Justice.

Also, Algus sucks up to level 5 donkey balls.

broge0873

But does anyone know what to do with Boot.bin 5 error? I have read about the open error and deleting the jap text but that doesn't fix my problem. It still gives me the error.

GeneralStrife

Quote from: broge0873 on June 20, 2011, 01:46:18 am
But does anyone know what to do with Boot.bin 5 error? I have read about the open error and deleting the jap text but that doesn't fix my problem. It still gives me the error.

Try shortening some stuff

Argy

Yeah, same thing used to happen to me. I suggest you do as General says and try shorter words. Alternatively, save often!! Just in case something does go wrong it's not that bad!!
  • Modding version: PSX
Kotetsu Quad Killer!!

Durbs

• Modding version: PSX

broge0873

So I figured I would try from a new PSP patch. I figured why not start fresh to hopefully catch any mistakes. Now from a fresh new psp patch (no changes whatsoever) saved as my starting point I tried to patch the ISO with thast. No changes, so basically just rewriting nothing and the error still popped up, lol. This is riduculous. When I tried the older fftext editor it didn't have this error but that tool is not as easy to use as the newer version. Any ideas?

broge0873

I didn't think about that so I got my friend to borrow me his copy and I ripped that to see if it was my ISO that was the problem. He had the original WoTL game that came out a couple years back while I had the best selling edition, but I don't know if that made any difference. Well I tried with his copy and the same error, lol. I think my computer is cursed!