Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed. Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Nyzer [Posts: 848]
  • View Profile
  • [October 27, 2017, 06:53:24 PM]
This is true, and is a tradeoff to giving CT abilities to Draw Out. I wonder if making Draw Out behave like a Basic Skill set would get rid of this behavior (and let me give them MP costs).

There's a flag in the AI Behavior section of the Abilities tab: "Check CT/Target".

• Modding version: PSX & WotL
  • johnmyster [Posts: 42]
    • View Profile
    • [October 28, 2017, 12:27:11 PM]
    There's a flag in the AI Behavior section of the Abilities tab: "Check CT/Target".

Already checked for most Draw Out abilities. Looks like I overlooked a few that I added CT's to later, but I'm pretty dang sure I've seen them ignore Asura/Koutetsu/Kiki CTs, who all already had Check CT/Target checked.

• Modding version: PSX
  • FFT Proper v1.10 released 10/28/17!
    Proper Rebalances, ramps up difficulty, and adds variety to battles.
    johnmyster [Posts: 42]
    • View Profile
    • [October 29, 2017, 01:34:36 AM]
    10/28/2017: Proper v1.10 released!
    Patch a fresh FFT ISO.

Lots of changes here:

EDIT:
    Another patch, v1.10b has been released. v1.10 unintentionally left out the Skip Events ASM. 1.10b has it back in.
    « Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 03:32:50 AM by johnmyster »
    "Blame yourself or God."
    Ildon [Posts: 40]
    • View Profile
    • [October 29, 2017, 04:25:35 AM]
    Bug: Drawout animations have Katanas in weird position.

I'm guessing that the sprites for the katanas is also incorrect.  It happens if you use the draw out abilities in an action menu that is not set as "katana inventory"

You could always change the animations from "03 73 00" to something like "07 00 00" or "01 00 00" if you wanted. 

"07 00 00" is used for Holy Sword abilities, etc.

"01 00 00" is used for the Spellblade abilities

But at the end of the day I suggest setting the animations to something that YOU are happy with.  Also, I can't recall what the "Drawout" abilities look like exactly with various character animations.  It has been a while since I last messed around with them. 

• (PSP) FFT: GGL Edition 0.9.81 is now available. check here
    • View Profile
    • [October 29, 2017, 06:21:40 AM]
    I'm guessing that the sprites for the katanas is also incorrect.  It happens if you use the draw out abilities in an action menu that is not set as "katana inventory"

You could always change the animations from "03 73 00" to something like "07 00 00" or "01 00 00" if you wanted. 

"07 00 00" is used for Holy Sword abilities, etc.

"01 00 00" is used for the Spellblade abilities

But at the end of the day I suggest setting the animations to something that YOU are happy with.  Also, I can't recall what the "Drawout" abilities look like exactly with various character animations.  It has been a while since I last messed around with them. 

Thanks!

"Blame yourself or God."
    Ildon [Posts: 40]
    • View Profile
    • [October 30, 2017, 12:57:57 AM]
    Thanks!

You're more than welcome.  I hope that it actually helps.

• (PSP) FFT: GGL Edition 0.9.81 is now available. check here
    • View Profile
    • [November 11, 2017, 02:35:17 PM]
    For those who have played Proper, I have created a survey as another way to get feedback. Filling it out would really be appreciated!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HXHQVVV

lessen [Posts: 8]
    • View Profile
    • [April 06, 2018, 05:46:11 AM]
    Algus can and will get absolutely toasted before I can reach him, meaning if I say "we gotta save him" I just basically auto-lose.

Halp.
    • View Profile
    • [April 06, 2018, 05:47:29 AM]
    Also Algus is a sack of shit who just used my only remaining Phoenix Down in a context where the person he rez'd immediately got blasted back into oblivion.

Also Algus is a sack of shit in general.
    • View Profile
    • [April 06, 2018, 05:58:02 AM]
    Seriously though, 3x in a row, Algus has gotten toasted a solid turn before I could feasibly reach him.
    The Puppet ---Master---
    Elric (Overseer) [Posts: 4033]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/Bones42
    • [April 06, 2018, 07:35:39 AM]
    lessen, we have an edit button for a reason. Use it! There is no reason to triple post, especially in a period of 12 minutes...

• <@Angel> Teach a man to fish and he'll open up a fishery to compete against yours.
    Journey of the Five Youtube ChannelThe Lion War Current Status

Jot5 Leader :: Eventer :: OtherTLW Leader :: Eventer :: Other
    • View Profile
    • [April 06, 2018, 10:03:50 AM]
    <snip>

Anyone got any idea why Ramza turned into a series of vertical color bars at the start of the thief fortress battle? At a specific moment as the level was loading, and the title of the level was showing, the background graphics glitched out a bit (large black patch) and some color bars appeared very briefly on the right side of the screen. Then Ramza's sprite showed up as crazy rainbow bars, and his portrait is also messed up (it's showing a yellow black mage).

Should I just assume my ROM itself got corrupted somewhere along the way? The rest of the mod features seemed to be working fine for the most part. There was one moment during the very first mission where tooltips stopped showing up entirely, and as mentioned before, Algus can't NOT get killed, but aside from that...

Further testing indicates it's not about Ramza specifically, it seems more like the right-most character in my squad gets turned into color-bars. I guess I'll save my game and try re-preparing the ISO tomorrow to see if it turns out any better.

Image: https://i.imgur.com/XtheDuJ.jpg

Further further testing: I re-prepared the ROM and things are still the same. I found that if I play a random encounter, the problem doesn't happen (in the random encounter). I also found that if I play the Thief Fort map with a party of 3 instead of 4, the problem doesn't happen. It doesn't seem to matter which three, the problem just always happens with a party of four on that map for me. I guess I gotta face the challenge of beating the map with three people
    « Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 02:15:37 PM by Elric »
  • French Maid
    Xifanie (Webmistress) [Posts: 4382]
    • View Profile
    • Final Fantasy Hacktics
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/Xifanie
    • [April 06, 2018, 02:24:14 PM]
    lessen: This is perfectly normal behaviour. There's nothing wrong on your end: i.e. this is a bug with the mod itself.

• <R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
    <Raijinili> remember that? it was awful
    The Puppet ---Master---
    Elric (Overseer) [Posts: 4033]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/Bones42
    • [April 06, 2018, 03:10:44 PM]
    Yes, this is because the creator of the mod didnt actually follow the rules of mod creation for FFT, how proper of them.

• <@Angel> Teach a man to fish and he'll open up a fishery to compete against yours.
    Journey of the Five Youtube ChannelThe Lion War Current Status

Jot5 Leader :: Eventer :: OtherTLW Leader :: Eventer :: Other
    • View Profile
    • [April 06, 2018, 07:34:21 PM]
     :|

Darn, I liked the idea of the patch and (as a newbie to FFT) the execution seemed plausible.

Guess I'll tryyyyyyy........ LFT, next, then!
    Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]