• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

RAD 3: 35 jobs.

Started by pokeytax, April 12, 2011, 08:42:20 pm

pokeytax

Quote from: Vanya on October 01, 2011, 05:30:15 am
Could you explain columns AL, AM & AN?

These let you restrict jobs to certain people (e.g. "Identity Less Than 04" means Ramza only) or require a job level lower than X (so White Mage can be phased out for White Wizard). The boxes at the top set the condition and you can set a value for each job.

And If I understand correctly any job that shares with Mime will be able to track JP, but won't be able to learn skills, right? Also, if I have a job share with Bard/Dancer then they won't show up for females/males respectively, correct?

Using Bard/Dancer/Mime for job shares is sadly not supported (unless the class in question is male-only or female-only, or is actually 5D Mime). The game hardcodes obstinately around this.

To make a class female-only or male-only, have it require Dancer 1 or Bard 1.
  • Modding version: PSX

Baribal

Hello...Im newbie here and this is my first post.

I found Your hack,and I love idea...But can u tell what program i must use to add Your hack for orginal FFT.ISO(Iry E have FFTPatcher and ttry convert in Excel xls to xml) but all failed.?Im just to girl...and my modding skills=0.Or that hack is only for self editing?

pokeytax

Copy all the text on the XML tab into a text editor (e.g. Notepad) and save that file as an .xml file in your FFTPatcher directory.
Run the program "FFTorgASM.exe" and click the RAD box, then "Patch ISO", then find your ISO and click Save.

Baribal

October 10, 2011, 01:01:03 am #103 Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 01:02:37 am by Baribal
I did everything with Your instructions and implement .xml format using FFTorgASM...but now i cant change for any class and see just I pick in game.

pokeytax

Quote from: Baribal on October 10, 2011, 01:01:03 am
I did everything with Your instructions and implement .xml format using FFTorgASM...but now i cant change for any class and see just I pick in game.

Post the .xml and/or .xls file you are using (you may need to zip the .xml to attach it to your post).

Baribal

OK...

pokeytax

Your job table is not properly formatted as hex. I'm not sure why this is. What spreadsheet program are you using, and what text editor?

If you are using Excel, you can try pressing the 'Export to .XML' button to create the XML file in the same directory automatically, since that seems to be the trouble step.

Baribal

October 10, 2011, 11:16:01 am #107 Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 11:29:38 am by Baribal
I have question...Is that any reson why u can't put this file here?

Only format i could export for pdf.I have Win 7 with Opack

When i open xls in notepad i can only save in .txt.I tried everything:/

pokeytax

You want to open Notepad and Excel (or Notepad and LibreOffice). Select the 'XML' tab and press Ctrl-A, then Ctrl-C to copy the entire tab. Then select Notepad and press Ctrl-V to paste everything into that and Save As "RAD 3.xml", Save As Type "All Files".

I can attach an .xml file but it won't have the edits you make. There is a .ppf in the OP which opens most special jobs to generics.

Baribal

Ok its my last post here...Can You check file of stupid blonde(me) last time...

pokeytax

Your .xls file is okay. You just need to copy the sheet and save it as .xml correctly. Maybe I need to do the RAD/ALMA video tutorials sometime...

Vanya

That wouldn't be such a bad idea. An extensive read me wouldn't hurt either.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Timbo

Is it possible to create RAD jobs that only Rad, Alicia, and Lavian can unlock individually, effectively special characters without compromising their generic status, ability to change sprites, and their ability to take propositions?
  • Discord username: Timbo

pokeytax

You have to find some unique quality to them and modify RAD to read from that. I dunno if they can be given unit IDs, or not?

Because RAD is stuck reading the inconvenient formation screen unit data instead of the well documented and verbose battle screen unit data, it's harder for me to figure out how to add parameters, but several are still there to add.

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: pokeytax on November 04, 2011, 07:26:00 am
You have to find some unique quality to them and modify RAD to read from that. I dunno if they can be given unit IDs, or not?

Because RAD is stuck reading the inconvenient formation screen unit data instead of the well documented and verbose battle screen unit data, it's harder for me to figure out how to add parameters, but several are still there to add.

Any unit can be given a UnitID.  I'm pretty sure Rad, Alicia, and Lavian actually already HAVE unique UnitIDs despite being Generics in all forms, like they intended to do something with them then decided not to.

So as far as the Formation Screen goes, any unit can have a unique UnitID that's not bought from the Soldier Office if you want it to, so that alone is probably enough to give anyone "special" parameters. 

Choto

Hey Pokeytax, I've been trying to get this to work for quite awhile and with limited success. I wind up getting either no sprite (just a shadow) or a blotchy sprite, or awhile back I was getting different sprites than I input. I downloaded the latest version just to be sure. I've also tried using both excel 2003 and openoffice 3.2.1. Does Rad work with these versions? Attached is the .xls edits I made, a .xml output from the output button, and just to make sure i'm not crazy, the formation sprite I'm trying to achieve. Right now its a generic female samurai in place of beowulf for no real reason...

I have the job being referenced set to 38 I believe... I've tried all the ones between about 37-3B. Any help would be appreciated but if you don't get to it for awhile no biggie. Thanks

pokeytax

FYI, Mime may cause bugs as a job share, but that isn't causing the problem.

It doesn't seem to like those job numbers. I'm not sure why... they seem low enough. I haven't tried it with all job numbers, mostly just those below 0x30.

Durbs

November 24, 2011, 12:48:53 pm #117 Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 12:50:57 pm by Durbs
Hey, Poketax, I'm curious about a use for this:
(From http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=7936.msg160992#new)

Quote from: Durbs on November 24, 2011, 11:29:18 am
I like this idea, but not necessarily for the entire main set. Is there a way that we can get him to be able to switch to a second class?

Actually, that brings up some interesting ideas... what if each of them (Ramza included) had 3-4 job classes that they could switch between? We'd probably have to eliminate the current system of generics to do this and make a series of enemy-only classes, but I kinda like the idea.

Thoughts?

Quote from: Eternal248 on November 24, 2011, 11:30:45 am
I thought about that a while ago, but I'd have no idea how to go about it except with maybe RAD magic.

Can this be done (giving special characters each their own 3-4 seperate jobs to choose from)?

pokeytax

Quote from: Durbs on November 24, 2011, 12:48:53 pm
Can this be done (giving special characters each their own 3-4 seperate jobs to choose from)?

Yes - set column AL or AM or AN to "IDENTITY EQUAL TO". Identity is a character's base job. You can't give everybody an extra 4 jobs, but you can give everyone one extra job, or 4-5 people 4 extra jobs.

Durbs

Quote from: pokeytax on November 28, 2011, 08:11:28 pm
Yes - set column AL or AM or AN to "IDENTITY EQUAL TO". Identity is a character's base job. You can't give everybody an extra 4 jobs, but you can give everyone one extra job, or 4-5 people 4 extra jobs.

Thanks, that's exactly what I wanted to know. Thank you!