Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to FFH, where all your dreams come true!

God I ****ing love this mod  (Read 1666 times)
Pages: [1]
drbretto [Posts: 111] Logged
  • View Profile
  • [February 06, 2011, 06:43:43 PM]
God I ****ing love this mod
« on: February 06, 2011, 06:43:43 PM »
I stopped playing when I got stuck on the first "save rapha" fight (psp mode, she kept dying by the first/second round) and didn't play for months. I just picked it back up again, beat that level and spent 4 hours beating the Wiegraf series. I can't explain to people who don't play how satisfying this mod is. Every fight makes me re-think everything and figure it all out all over again. I fucking love this thing.

That's all. Just a thanks for making it!
Likes to move it move it.
philsov [Posts: 4599] Logged
  • View Profile
  • [February 07, 2011, 05:31:49 PM]
Re: God I ****ing love this mod
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 05:31:49 PM »
Glad you're enjoying it :D

Just another rebel plotting rebellion.
TheChad [Posts: 17] Logged
  • View Profile
  • [February 12, 2011, 05:47:32 AM]
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 05:47:32 AM »
Hi,

I had to register an account just so I could thank everyone who created this mod.  I first played vanilla about 5 years ago, and actually never even finished the game because I had leveled too high and there was no challenge in any of the story fights anymore.  A few months ago I stumbled onto to this site and tried 1.3 - and couldn't even get past Dorter City Slums!!  So then I tried 1.3 Easytype, which was great.  The battles were plenty challenging for me, and it taught me a whole lot about the game that I never knew from vanilla.  After clearing chapter 3 on Easytype, I am now starting regular 1.3 again - 1.3037.  Just got past Dorter City II at about level 12, so far so good.  This is a great game, and 1.3 is really the finest hack of any game I've ever played.  Congrats to all involved in creating it.

I do have just one noob question though about this forum and insane difficulty.  I noticed that the title screen on 1.3037 now says ID instead of FHacktics - is there a dispute between the 2 communities or is it no big deal?
Mediator
Eternal [Posts: 2521] Logged
  • View Profile
  • [February 12, 2011, 05:51:35 AM]
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 05:51:35 AM »
There was a dispute between certain members of FFH and ID, but things have calmed down since. Nothing to worry about. :D
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 05:52:22 AM by Eternal248 »
Here dying, join my legion of undeath. Your blood, the roses on unhallow'd graves!
  • View Profile
  • [February 12, 2011, 07:52:55 PM]
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 07:52:55 PM »
I would also like to add that I also fucking hate this mod! ><

Having two frustrations going on at once. First is the five white knights fight. I set up rapha and a couple of ninjas with quick, plus dual wielding weapon breakers. If everything goes right in the first round, I should have two neutered and two dead. But noooo. I need absolutely everything to go perfectly, meaning I need to win every single roll and not let rapha miss a kill. There may be less than 20% chance for any one of my moves to fail, but I need to win that roll about 12 consecutive times or it's gg. I need a less stressful and/or luck reliant strategy.

Second is Fort Besselat - North. Now, I am aware that I have the option to go through the south entrance, but I won't on principle. The north gate fight is 6 marksmen. There's no reason I should be able to plan perfectly for this fight.

1) (almost) all damage is from bows, which is taken care of by reflexes and/or archer's bane. Everyone has a less than 16% chance to be hit.
2) Everyone needs a guardian bracelet or we'll get leg/arm aimed to death.
3) To make up for lack of bracer/mage bracer accessories, because defense is damage avoidance based, I can sacrifice HP for wizard robes, power vests, etc.

So... I'm practically unkillable and doing decent damage considering their defenses. However, There are two of them with item throwing elixirs like they're potions. Elixirs are bullshit. They all have defense up. some have critical hp restore (which I saw one of them intentionally activiate for a teammate which I thought was rather impressive by the AI, if not infuriating)

Anyway, every time I get close to victory, they're back to full in a turn. It's getting frustrating!
  • View Profile
  • [February 12, 2011, 08:22:58 PM]
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2011, 08:22:58 PM »
NM, I beat the marksmen. I like it again :P

summoners with equip shield >>>>>> geomancers with magic+
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 08:23:30 PM by drbretto »
Mediator
Eternal [Posts: 2521] Logged
  • View Profile
  • [February 12, 2011, 08:38:26 PM]
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2011, 08:38:26 PM »
Good luck with the rest of it! :D

Here dying, join my legion of undeath. Your blood, the roses on unhallow'd graves!
Gotwald [Posts: 224] Logged
  • View Profile
  • [February 12, 2011, 09:47:33 PM]
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2011, 09:47:33 PM »
NM, I beat the marksmen. I like it again :P

summoners with equip shield >>>>>> geomancers with magic+

Another good strat is to just have 1 tank who won't die from all their shots, and then have 4 casters all maxed out for damage with short charge and angel rings. They snipe all your casters down, and then 1 by 1, you revive and meteor their ass. They might survive 1, but not 4  :twisted: They need teleport though so they can get in range.

-- Attention Citizens, this is the Computer. 2 + 2 now equals 3.9999238849009985. Please recalibrate your equipment.

My youtube Channel
My 1.3 Playthough (Complete)
My Final fantasy I Blind playthrough
  • View Profile
  • [February 12, 2011, 10:39:34 PM]
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2011, 10:39:34 PM »
This is what I love about this mod. No matter how much you think you know about the game, there's always some new, creative strat to use. Without this mod, you'd never need to think of something like that.

I think, though, that that is a good idea i can adapt to other fights as well.
  • View Profile
  • [February 12, 2011, 11:45:36 PM]
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2011, 11:45:36 PM »
Well, when you factor in that everything those white knights can do is evadable as well, it really was kind of a letdown how easy it went...
charles010342 [Posts: 4] Logged
  • View Profile
  • [April 24, 2011, 11:26:32 AM]
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2011, 11:26:32 AM »
I love it too awsome mod
Pages: [1]