Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
weapon sprites (in battle)  (Read 10196 times)
Pages: 1 [2]
Vanya [Posts: 3956]
  • View Profile
  • My Facebook
  • [February 26, 2011, 03:03:56 PM]
Re: weapon sprites (in battle)
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2011, 03:03:56 PM »
Sweet. Congrats on the promotion! Get well soon. Looking forward to seeing your results & thanks for the effort. And, finally, can I haz ur olde j0b?

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • ¯\(°_0)/¯
    I'ma Firin Mah Lazorz!
    RandMuadDib [Posts: 381]
    • View Profile
    • [February 27, 2011, 05:32:06 AM]
    « Reply #21 on: February 27, 2011, 05:32:06 AM »
    And, finally, can I haz ur olde j0b?
    Lol sorry its already been filled. And i doubt you live in Wisconsin (or would want to).

Here We Go

P.S. For the last picture, that's Sword, Ninja Sword, Knight Sword, Katanas, Rods, and Staves (Plural of Staff) in that order. Weapons without pictures only have one possible value for ZZ, which is 00.
    « Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 05:39:41 PM by RandMuadDib »
    I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!
    DrBreen [Posts: 61]
    • View Profile
    • [March 01, 2011, 06:28:46 PM]
    « Reply #22 on: March 01, 2011, 06:28:46 PM »
    But what about "dolls"?
    Have you encountered(even if glitchy) them while doing this research?
    Cheetah [Posts: 3654]
    • View Profile
    • [March 01, 2011, 08:19:15 PM]
    « Reply #23 on: March 01, 2011, 08:19:15 PM »
    Great work Rand. This needs to get onto the Wiki as well.

Current Projects:
    I'ma Firin Mah Lazorz!
    • View Profile
    • [March 01, 2011, 08:45:10 PM]
    « Reply #24 on: March 01, 2011, 08:45:10 PM »
    @ Cheetah: I'll get right on that.
    http://ffhacktics.com/wiki/Item_Graphics

As for the dolls, i did encounter partials during the cataloging of daggers and harps, but it seems that the only successful way of using them in-game is to physically replace another weapon graphic in WEP1 (my favorite is harp, then it looks like the character is messing with the doll like a Voodoo Doll.) I shall upload a pic as soon as i can put together an animated .gif
    « Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 12:34:04 AM by RandMuadDib »
    • View Profile
    • [March 02, 2011, 03:01:07 AM]
    « Reply #25 on: March 02, 2011, 03:01:07 AM »
    Rand have you been experimenting with the weapon animations as well? That is where you will find if we can actually get the dolls, boomerang and whatever else is still sitting there working. I thought for sure I knew was this was.

LD or Vanya might have it in there notes as well. I'm not going to get a chance to look for a good long while.

Current Projects:
    I'ma Firin Mah Lazorz!
    • View Profile
    • [March 02, 2011, 03:21:10 AM]
    « Reply #26 on: March 02, 2011, 03:21:10 AM »
    Nah nothing with animations. I'll take a look and see if I can find any of those notes you mentioned and go from there.

Edit: Wiki is up at http://ffhacktics.com/wiki/Item_Graphics. If i left anything out please let me know.
    « Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 06:31:08 AM by RandMuadDib »
    LastingDawn [Posts: 3452]
    • View Profile
    • [March 02, 2011, 01:48:06 PM]
    « Reply #27 on: March 02, 2011, 01:48:06 PM »
    I Know a member long ago found a rather interesting value revolving around weapon sprites that changed them on will. I could have sworn I kept those notes, but I've had no luck finding them on the board or otherwise.

This may be a rediscovery of that? But it's really hard to tell. Like RandMuadib I could only bring out fragments of the doll in a normal sword strike.

"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
    sadness can be turned to delight.
    A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
    the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!
    ALL THE THINGS Official Caretaker.
    RavenOfRazgriz [Posts: 3022]
    • View Profile
    • [March 02, 2011, 02:27:08 PM]
    « Reply #28 on: March 02, 2011, 02:27:08 PM »
    If you go through testing again, I'd recommend documenting exactly what combinations you used to make Dolls appear.  If you can call half of them, it's worth getting whatever values allow you to do so together and performing some pattern recognition to try and divine how to get the other halves of the bastards.  A quick look at the WEP1 sheet and at what you've said about them, RandMuadDib, it looks like the Dolls are stashed somewhere in the Dagger call.  If Harps are calling half the Doll and Daggers are calling half as well, for example... if they're calling different halves, that's also useful for figuring out a combination to make them show up, etc.  I'd also bet the boomerang is buried somewhere in the Longbow section, considering its size, shape, and location on the sheet, because honestly it looks more like an unfinished Longbow graphic they realized they didn't need more than anything.  Or if it is a boomerang, something that's definitely only half completed.

Regardless, this makes changing Item Graphics around really easy now, so thanks for going through and making the uber-retard-friendly guide.  Though, you did forget to document the Shields.  I wouldn't be surprised if the Dolls actually are triggered as Shield graphics as well, given the way they're drawn and arranged, honestly.
    I'ma Firin Mah Lazorz!
    • View Profile
    • [March 03, 2011, 03:03:28 AM]
    « Reply #29 on: March 03, 2011, 03:03:28 AM »
    Well, the dolls will not be triggered by shields, since they're out of horizontal alignment. I did get part of dolls for both daggers and harps, but as i checked each value for ZZ (not just the ones that produced full weapons) there is no way to do it without altering WEP1. It looks like they were going to originally include them, and would have had a separate call for them, but either could find no place for them or didnt have time to finish (very similar to many of the portraits in UNIT.BIN and WLDFACE.BIN)

• View Profile
    • [March 03, 2011, 06:37:25 AM]
    « Reply #30 on: March 03, 2011, 06:37:25 AM »
    For the record I think any other info I got on this stuff I got my interpreting the Japanese Wiki and finding where their offsets matched up with the US.

Current Projects:
    Vanya [Posts: 3956]
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
    • [March 08, 2011, 04:57:44 AM]
    « Reply #31 on: March 08, 2011, 04:57:44 AM »
    For the dolls and boomerang they should use a different item type value as set in FFTpatcher. They don't perfectly align with any other weapon type value. If anything try finding the actual digits that the item types represent, then see if any are unused, and if there are set those manually in Battle.bin or where ever the hell those values are in the game.

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • ¯\(°_0)/¯
    • View Profile
    • [May 25, 2011, 10:21:27 AM]
    « Reply #32 on: May 25, 2011, 10:21:27 AM »
    I'm making a Spreadsheet of this but there's still no documentation on Shields.

Can anyone hook me up with the documentation and default values for them?
    FFAT,Producer, Animator, Spriter, Thread Thief
    Mando [Posts: 367]
    • View Profile
    • [May 28, 2011, 06:16:31 PM]
    « Reply #34 on: May 28, 2011, 06:16:31 PM »
    Wow sorry, raven I hadn't looked in this thread lately been patching.

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!
    • View Profile
    • [May 28, 2011, 11:56:01 PM]
    Mime [Posts: 15]
    • View Profile
    • [May 11, 2015, 01:06:22 PM]
    « Reply #36 on: May 11, 2015, 01:06:22 PM »
    I am aware that this is an old post and I found no other thread suitable for this question. I hope I didn't cross any forum rules.
    So, does anybody have the information for shield offset, X, Y, and ZZ? I am referring to this link http://ffhacktics.com/wiki/Item_Graphics
    Choto [Posts: 818]
    • View Profile
    • [May 13, 2015, 01:12:38 AM]
    « Reply #37 on: May 13, 2015, 01:12:38 AM »
    I'm not sure if we have it or not... but I would imagine it's at the end of wherever taht data is for weapons.
    Mime [Posts: 15]
    • View Profile
    • [May 13, 2015, 12:26:24 PM]
    « Reply #38 on: May 13, 2015, 12:26:24 PM »
    Thanks for the answer Choto.
    I saw some values after the ones for weapons that might be the ones for shields but then I have to do a research first to find out "which is what" and I dunno if I have enough time for that so I hope someone would have this information to help me restart with the in-battle coloring because I ended up realizing that I still have shields to match the 1 > F palette series  :(
    Pages: 1 [2]