Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to FFH, where all your dreams come true!

Lame Ramza Scream  (Read 1942 times)
Pages: [1]
Cral_lemon [Posts: 17] Logged
  • View Profile
  • [January 29, 2011, 06:15:45 PM]
Lame Ramza Scream
« on: January 29, 2011, 06:15:45 PM »
Forgive me for this rant; but I have to stand up and say this:

Ramza it's supposed to be the main character, leader of knights with Beoulve blood on his veins; in the original FFT he is true to his status with the ability to encourage his troops (brave up) and yell "speed + 1" 1.3 remove that and turn him to a mare squire with time mage haste bonus... okay I can live with that in the first part of the game... have to add I had play 1.3 and really enjoy the challenge, enjoy in a certain masochist sort of way; BUT! Starting Chapter 4 when the scream was "unlocked" I almost puke seeing what was it all about, WTF...?! "Haste, Berserk and Innocent?" NO WAY! I don't want to lose control of my main character with a bad status as Berserk, don't want to lose the option to aid him with magic, oh yes, it goes away as haste but he is still berserk; so he run into danger like a stupid overconfident bastard and dies most of the time; proven what Zelbag said to him was true "bad blood is bad blood not suitable for a Beoulve" nope; I don't like it one bit.

Suggestion: Scream should be beneficial to Ramza: why not change it into MBarrier instead? "haste protect shell regen and re raise" if he can't temper with is speed brave AT and MA this will be better and less insane than losing control over him IMHO.

P.S. I know "If you don't like it stop playing 1.3 and go vanilla" not playing vanilla, but FFT complete + 1.3 easy type. very cool dialogs and Lame bastard berserk-ed Ramza may survive on chapter 4.

Sorry for my bad grammar , English not my first language.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 11:56:39 PM by Cral_lemon »
Serious Business.
GeneralStrife [Posts: 1435] Logged
  • View Profile
  • [January 29, 2011, 07:17:05 PM]
Re: Lame Ramza Scream
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 07:17:05 PM »
Lol, I like this guy.
I thought you were talking about when he dies though. Thought this was gonna be something like, Can ramza have a custom sounds like he dies? , like "Fight on my men!"
  • View Profile
  • [January 29, 2011, 11:59:25 PM]
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 11:59:25 PM »
LOL! no! but it will be funny though "ARG! comrades...! avenge my death!!!"
Zenius [Posts: 418] Logged
  • View Profile
  • [January 30, 2011, 01:51:27 AM]
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 01:51:27 AM »
MBarrier on Ramza would be one hell of an imbalanced idea.

AI Tournament Season 4 Winner's Bracket Semifinalist
  • View Profile
  • [January 30, 2011, 03:19:28 AM]
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 03:19:28 AM »
You mean Unbalanced? Yes, I guess so... but the balance is against him with berserk and innocent unless your money is on the enemy that is.
Zenius [Posts: 418] Logged
  • View Profile
  • [January 30, 2011, 03:52:56 AM]
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 03:52:56 AM »
Don't use it then? The only place I ever used it was Colliery.

AI Tournament Season 4 Winner's Bracket Semifinalist
Winner of the 2nd 1.3 AI Tournament
PX_Timefordeath [Posts: 1781] Logged
  • View Profile
  • [January 30, 2011, 05:50:25 AM]
  • View Profile
  • [January 30, 2011, 11:47:04 AM]
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2011, 11:47:04 AM »
This rant was a sort of scream

Don't use it then? The only place I ever used it was Colliery.

OF COURSE! in 1.3 i won't ever use it; who can ever think losing control over a character is a wise thing to do? more if you can't aid him with magic and will run straight to danger? Lame scream only complements the list of fail abilities Ramza has in 1.3; now that all squires have his same abilities there is absolutely nothing special about him.

With this Scream I can only Imagine a Mind flare and a minotaurs pointing and laughing at Screamed berserk Ramza saying:

"LOOK! the stupid bastard inflicts Berserk on himself! now his counter and walk abilities wont work! Who do he think he is? a viking? HAHAHAHA! you have to attack with a platoon of 50 berserk men so it can be somewhat effective! what a moron! let go kill him guys he is too stupid to be the main character of this game!"
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 11:51:49 AM by Cral_lemon »
The old (un)wise bastard
Dome [Posts: 4740] Logged
  • View Profile
  • [January 30, 2011, 12:38:39 PM]
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2011, 12:38:39 PM »
Scream is lame
That's why I edited it in 1.4
It costs 20 mp and adds regen, protect and shell to Ramza, and it's istant :-) (Well, it may be changed later if it proves to be broken)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 10:45:46 AM by Dome »
Friends are like boobs:
Some are big, some are small
Some are real, some are fake
  • View Profile
  • [February 04, 2011, 04:22:52 AM]
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2011, 04:22:52 AM »
oh! you can edit it? how can i edit it? will like to have his scream like in normal FFT; or at least a instant bulk of his innate 1.3 squire abilities: haste, Regen, focus and chant=re~rise and adding MA+1 as I have Ramza as a balanced mage/fighter.

Maybe I not the most hardcore FFT player who can spend hours and phoenix downs struggling to win every single random fight of the 1.3 chapter 4 universe, but please, you have to agree with me that "Scream" is necessary to sort things out for Ramza; he is not a heavenly knight, or a byblos or Ark whatever, he is your main character and "Scream" is his battle roar, it has to be advantageous for him and his party; not to rest as a capped ability you will never use. Besides it unlocks as far as chapter 4 (when the game turns from "wow!" to "WTF!?") I mean, it's not as you have this power up since the beginning of the game.

Well this ends my rant thanks for listening. :)
Kaffe [Posts: 61] Logged
  • View Profile
  • http://kaffemyers.com
  • [March 31, 2011, 09:11:32 PM]
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2011, 09:11:32 PM »
I agree to some extent, but currently don't have a suggestion for what it should be instead. That the scream is a bit too lame, even for 1.3, I second. I don't play the game as of now (but will probably lunge at it soon again), which is why I don't feel entitled to come up with other suggestions. I might come back to add a thought regarding it if I feel compelled to later on.
TheChad [Posts: 17] Logged
  • View Profile
  • [April 08, 2011, 01:38:58 AM]
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2011, 01:38:58 AM »
Are you playing the latest version of the patch?  It's changed now - Scream is replaced by Heretic Sword, which is an awesome ability.  I used it a lot against Altima to remove MBarrier.
Kaffe [Posts: 61] Logged
  • View Profile
  • http://kaffemyers.com
  • [April 12, 2011, 10:08:18 AM]
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2011, 10:08:18 AM »
I'm going to play the latest version soon. Fixing it so I can play it on my HTC Desire! :D
Pages: [1]