Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Mediator
Eternal [Posts: 3050]
  • View Profile
  • [December 18, 2010, 02:06:27 PM]
FFT: Parted Ways General Discussion Thread
« on: December 18, 2010, 02:06:27 PM »
Use this thread to discuss glitches and other issues with the demo (and the final version, eventually). Also, this topic can be used for discussing other Parted Ways suggestions, as well.

"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
Arganthonius7 [Posts: 29]
  • View Profile
  • [December 19, 2010, 04:08:40 AM]
Re: FFT: Parted Ways General Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 04:08:40 AM »
)______________________________
EDIT: Sorry saw the glitches post
Barren [Posts: 2574]
  • View Profile
  • [December 20, 2010, 03:09:33 PM]
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 03:09:33 PM »

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • You dare cross blades with me?
    Mediator
    • View Profile
    • [December 20, 2010, 04:24:17 PM]
    « Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 04:24:17 PM »
    You do realize the demo was only Sand Rats, Sand Rats II, Thieves' Fort, and Igros Castle, right? :P

Preview 3, you got unlucky with Stop. He has a ton of abilities at his disposal. He just didn't feel like using them, apparently.

"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
    Barren [Posts: 2574]
    • View Profile
    • [December 20, 2010, 04:47:54 PM]
    « Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 04:47:54 PM »
    I was able to load the demos no problem but i didn't fully realize that the new game would be different from the saves you did. but i did enjoy testing it, overall i like your ideas into this new patch :) keep up the good work.

• You dare cross blades with me?
    dinosaur [Posts: 453]
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/dinosaur521
    • [December 23, 2010, 07:14:34 AM]
    « Reply #5 on: December 23, 2010, 07:14:34 AM »
    For the sniper- what is the difference between eagle and precision?

On the patch they do the same damage and accuracy.
    Mediator
    • View Profile
    • [December 23, 2010, 01:34:29 PM]
    « Reply #6 on: December 23, 2010, 01:34:29 PM »
    Aim has Weapon Range. Eagle's Splendor will always hit at 3 panels, but can miss.

dinosaur [Posts: 453]
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/dinosaur521
    • [December 26, 2010, 08:18:23 PM]
    « Reply #7 on: December 26, 2010, 08:18:23 PM »
    I am not a fan of the ability Thor's Wrath as a counter attack. Trying to hit a person on a six panel spread is rare and kind of pointless. I would not use the ability.
    Mediator
    • View Profile
    • [December 28, 2010, 09:01:44 AM]
    « Reply #8 on: December 28, 2010, 09:01:44 AM »
    Sorry about the lack of updates recently. I've been busy, but I'm still working on skills and such. Nothing really to show off, but things are pressing forward!

Mediator
    • View Profile
    • [January 31, 2011, 05:51:00 AM]
    « Reply #9 on: January 31, 2011, 05:51:00 AM »
    OK, so, skills are pretty much done for the most part. I'm now moving on to ENTD's for Chapter 1 and 2's battles for Part 1. After, I'm going to get to work on special jobs. Things are progressing smoothly, and things are (mostly) on schedule!

Kagebunji [Posts: 4307]
    • View Profile
    • [January 31, 2011, 03:03:05 PM]
    « Reply #10 on: January 31, 2011, 03:03:05 PM »
    That is great, once we have final chapter one, I weill do EVTCHRs, since I got all the tools needed and ready to use, hehe.

Thou art I, and I art thou...
    Kagebunji [Posts: 4307]
    • View Profile
    • [March 20, 2011, 12:03:35 PM]
    « Reply #11 on: March 20, 2011, 12:03:35 PM »
    Is FDC still working on the job editor?

Thou art I, and I art thou...
    Mediator
    • View Profile
    • [March 20, 2011, 04:46:22 PM]
    « Reply #12 on: March 20, 2011, 04:46:22 PM »
    Not a job editor, a formula editor. A tool that can make whatever formula for skills that you will. That's mostly what I'm waiting for. :P

Panda_Tar [Posts: 97]
    • View Profile
    • [March 07, 2012, 12:29:48 PM]
    « Reply #13 on: March 07, 2012, 12:29:48 PM »
    Well, I'd like to say that I like the...new coinance system. Pretty cool to think on it. I also thought interesting having simplified potion to only 1 type (as far as I can see) and input those FFX based items, such as the Curtain family. Also, all the new items look important and situational, which is something I didn't see in the original, where we could perhaps NEVER use something like Maiden's Kiss (and how do you bottle a maiden's kiss, for that matter? oO), for example.

Item effects, cost and descriptions seem really nice so far and I'm also amused by how you rewrote the dialogs in the storyline (of course you seemed still not having changed anything on Bars dialogs, for 'Death Corps' name was visible at Rumors still, and I believe it's not an urgent matter either).

Double Exp seemed too cheap. But, given that much of our capabilities seem to depend on items and skills learned, I'm supposing that Leveling Up might not be that important, is that right?

Random battle can be hard! This is good. :) But killing monsters seemed a bit easier than expected. I think they can use some more defensive statuses, but I'll see on late game how that feels by.

• Modding version: PSX
  • Always interpreting the foul side of things makes you fouler still.
    Grass/Flying
    skiploom188 [Posts: 237]
    • View Profile
    • [April 03, 2012, 09:19:15 AM]
    « Reply #14 on: April 03, 2012, 09:19:15 AM »
    One thing that slightly bothered me. Created the scenario in Rage Comics form to be more expressive.

• ======================================================================
    I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542
    ======================================================================
    Mediator
    • View Profile
    • [April 03, 2012, 09:23:25 AM]
    « Reply #15 on: April 03, 2012, 09:23:25 AM »
    It means you restore the damage you deal, lol. The comic was funny though. We need more of these. :P

Grass/Flying
    • View Profile
    • [April 03, 2012, 10:06:39 AM]
    « Reply #16 on: April 03, 2012, 10:06:39 AM »
    Oh... so that's what it means. Okay

But if you take it literally, it kinda sounds as if it only takes away HP and not get it for himself. No correction needed now I guess.

Thanks for commenting about the comic :) Hehe, done it out of boredom

I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542
    Grass/Flying
    • View Profile
    • [April 08, 2012, 01:27:49 PM]
    « Reply #17 on: April 08, 2012, 01:27:49 PM »
    Something happened to me again while playing... Rage comics will tell you the story :mrgreen:

Almagest Rage Comics

I just like to express stuff this way :)

Mediator
    • View Profile
    • [April 08, 2012, 01:38:03 PM]
    « Reply #18 on: April 08, 2012, 01:38:03 PM »
    Yeah, when you change monster abilities like that, their menu sometimes lies. Not sure if there's a fix for that at all yet. :(

Grass/Flying
    • View Profile
    • [April 08, 2012, 02:15:33 PM]
    « Reply #19 on: April 08, 2012, 02:15:33 PM »
    It's okay, at least I got through that level. :D

Pages: [1] 2