Mp: In this game, everyone recovers 5 Mp every turn, which most seem to agree is a lot, so would making them recover only 2 Mp every turn be better since you already start out with your maximum Mp from the start of the battle already. Or we could generally reduce the Mp growth to more reasonable levels.
Experience: It's way too easy to level up, so is there a way to make sure that a person could level up no more than twice in a battle and then get no more exp afterward?
Evasion: Should be rebalanced, 30 Evasion is quite ridiculous: a mage has very low Hp, low very defense, and really can't dodge anything...quite fair if you ask me.
A.I.: just wanted to put here, but it seems everyone already talked about it.
Laws: some of the laws are ridiculous, is their a way to make the penalty for breaking a law a more lenient? Oh, and is anyone else bothered that Doublecast can break laws without being harmed?
- Thief's stealing abilities are broken, I remember someone suggesting that the ability maintenance should be added on to more enemies.
- Was anyone else bothered that weapons (staves) barely ever rose more than 2 magic atk? Getting better staves only meant getting better spells and more weapon atk., just like it would be for every other weapon in the game, only mages barely ever used weapon atk. so that bonus is really wasted (which was rather minuscule to begin with).
- Am I the only one who thinks that Gunners have too much range? I thought that lowering their range by one was fine, though.
- Some of the later weapons outclass all the others by a good margin.
- Some accessories really aren't that useful.
- Ninja's skill set was awful, could be considered worse version of Elementalist as they are both elemental and give added effects, therefore accomplish the same, exact thing. Though Elementals cost more Mp, that's hardly a problem in this game, as Elementals are significantly stronger than Veils, not to mention, Elementalists can heal. Moveset should either be changed altogether, or at least more powerful.
- Doublesword is pretty cheap...
- Lots of Blue Magic are either overpowered or borderline useless, this could be remedied either by nerfing the effects of the overpowered ones and trying make the useless ones a little better. Or we could simply edit the specific Blue Magic that can be learned in the first place, and make that list more balanced.
- Illusions are very weak (weaker than fire 1) for the amount of Mp cost they consume, it's almost ridiculous.
- Archer has pretty bad stats, but the moveset is surprisingly useful.
- Animist: the moveset is interesting and fairly unique, but there is magic atk. involved in some of those skills and Animist doesn't really have much magic atk. in the first place.
- Black Mage: Moogle black mages are awful. 8.4 in Magic atk. is really pathetic considering the only advantage they have over the other black mages out there is their better Mp and defense, but the others simply make them really unneeded.
- Gadgeteer: Someone already said it: they really need a moveset change or maybe even need to be removed all together to replace with another job. But they do have one of the best stat growths in the game.
- Time Mage: again, Moogle time mages just can't compare to either Nu Mou time mage, and Quick is completely outclassed by Smile. These guys need a stat change.
- Juggler: they have great stats, and even better moves (gigantic Defense, good speed and atk), but Smile is broken and needs to be nerfed somehow.
- Fencer: the skills aren't all that great, you never really want to use Fencers because Snipers and Assassins just have way better skills. They should have higher atk. like they did in FFTA2.
- Red Mage: spells are way weak, and Poison is pretty much a wasted spot for them here. The stats also aren't bad, but aren't that good either. Someone already suggested that Doublecast should somehow either only work on Red Magic or on any spell set other than Summon Magic, because without it the summons, Doublecast really isn't that great (except for law-breaking).
- Assassin: already discussed, coupled with Concentrate, instant death in multiple ways. Ultima doesn't make things any fairer, not to mention very good stats (they apparently have more Magic than Red Mage and Moogle Black Mage).
- Elementalist: even though the spells themselves are pretty good, they become so obviously lackluster later on as you get more Summons. The fact that most Elemental Magic only effects one person doesn't help either.
- Morphor: as everyone already said, they need to be changed or removed completely. It doesn't seem like there's away to balance them out effectively.
- Most of their stats and skills are good without being overpowered. But I found that Templars weren't very useful, like at all. And Bishops are also really weak and need more Magic atk.