• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 06:28:45 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Using Blue Magic with Math Skill

Started by Dormin Jake, July 10, 2008, 09:43:33 pm

Dormin Jake

July 10, 2008, 09:43:33 pm Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 11:17:53 pm by Dormin Jake
Okay, so I've deleted my original post on the subject of Blue Magic, because I figured out what I was doing wrong, so nevermind any of that.

I'm using Math Skill as my skillset for Blue Magic.  How can I use any of my abilities in battle?  I'm always getting the error message that I haven't learned any 'combo abilities,' and thus cannot use any of my correctly learned blue magic.

Is there something I can do to make my abilities usable?  Do I have to flag them as Math Skill abilities?  Will monsters still be able to use them naturally if that is the case?

I'm embarrassed  :?.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
We are Dormin. Thou art to bring us a tasty beverage.
  • Discord username: dorminjake

Cyberblade

July 11, 2008, 03:04:37 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cyberblade
In the Action menu tab make sure that math is set to <default> and that should fix you problem but dont take my word for it (just started Editing last month)

Dormin Jake

July 11, 2008, 03:14:31 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dormin Jake
Oh.  My.  

You know, as much as I've been editing in the past couple of weeks, that is the first time I have ever seen the Action Menu tab.  For a second there I thought I must have an old version, but nope, there it is.  

You saved ma life!  Or rather, made my patch function just a bit better.  Don't want to over exaggerate too much.  Regardless, merci.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
We are Dormin. Thou art to bring us a tasty beverage.
  • Discord username: dorminjake