Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

★ Story Related Discussion  (Read 2977 times)
Pages: [1] 2
R999
  • [June 18, 2010, 08:06:40 AM]
★ Story Related Discussion
« on: June 18, 2010, 08:06:40 AM »
Reminder: As much as we'll like to have a canonical game, IA will never be — because of the team selection system. We won't stop the player from having uncanonical encounters. That is the way it will be. The purpose of having a plot —at all— is to bring added-value to the overall presentation of the game, as well as offering something for the player to look forward to as he or she progresses through the game with a different team each time. This is very important to keep mind. Our ultimate goal is to create an awesome gameplay experience, one that has great lasting value — emphasis on replayability — not very different from Arcade fighting game logic.

^ We are going with option 1, "Somewhat canonical".

1) IA as a Prequel to the original game. Taking place about 4 years before FFT. Story mainly involves Elidibs winning the tournament and taking over the Serpentarius Stone. Though, it was said that the great hero disappeared during the recapture of Riovanes Castle. There is some room for a few new Lucavi's but not much.  Many of the original game's characters would have to be altered if not removed in order to be coherent to the true timeline, such as Delita, Andramelech, Belias, Ultima, etc).

[s:3olo6g80]2) IA in an alternative timeline of FFT, where Ramza did not exist. In order to bring enough bloodshed for the Ultima ritual, the strongest fighters of Ivalice are being summoned in a tournament where the winners are promised Immortality and Eternal Youth. Most if not all of the stars of the original game will be featured in an All-Star-Arcade-Style approach to FFT.[/s:3olo6g80]

Zodiac Stone Possession prior to FFT is as follows:

Funeral/Church - Pisces Mateus, Capricorn Andramelech, Sagittarius Shemhazai, Aries Belias
Vormav - Leo Hasmal
Cardinal Draclau - Scorpio Cuchulainn
Elmdore - Gemini Zalera (Unknown origin, Elmdore obtained it)
Beowulf - Aquarius Famfrit (was Found by Beowulf)
Orlandu - Libra Exodus
Goug Mines - Taurus Chaos
Construct 7 - Cancer Zeromus
Simon - Virgo Ultima
* Auracites highlighted in bold means possible Lucavi / Steel Giant / Iron Giant.

Zodiac Sign Dates

• Aquarius - January 21 - February 19
    [li]Pisces - February 20- March 20
    [li]Aries - March 21 - April 20
    [li]Taurus - April 21 - May 21
    [li]Gemini - May 22 - June 21
    [li]Cancer - June 22 - July 22
    [li]Leo - July 23 -August 21
    [li]Virgo - August 22 - September 23
    [li]Libra - September 24 - October 23
    [li]Scorpio - October 24 - November 22
    [li]Sagittarius - November 23 - December 22
    [li]Capricorn - December 23 - January 20
Birthdays and Relative Age (age according to Chapter 1)

.............................................................................................................................
Story and Character Backgrounds by Lasting_Dawn
.............................................................................................................................

Intentions and Motives

Let's think of a motive. What would drive so many people to meet with the legendary wizard, who is offering them immortality and eternal youth, in addition to a priceless gem. What sort of people would attend this gathering? And why...?

Feel free to comment or give your own motives or intentions!

Miscellaneous

Possible Lucavi

Glabados Faith
(Goodness the church has an Enormous Roster!)

Order of the Northern Sky

Order of the Southern Sky

Death Corps

Fovoham Faction

Lionguard
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 09:32:06 AM by R999 »
Kagebunji [Posts: 4322]
  • View Profile
  • [June 18, 2010, 12:44:58 PM]
Re: IA Story Related Discussion
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 12:44:58 PM »
This idea about making it before the origina FFT sounds cool, we even have existing yound Izlude, Elmdor and Kletian sprites. I could edit Vormav or others to younger version too, some copy/pasting and it would be done. And it struck me, since it is tournament and all, why not use enemies like Beatrix and etc.? We could do FF9 squad or something like that, ofcourse it would require sprites, but I can work on FF9 sprites, Garnet and Beatrix are done, Jimmy COULD finish his Vivi, I can finish my Zidane wich is still on my comp. IMO it would be nice to see such squads, but it is all up to you. Ofcourse FF9 is just example, FF6 could work too, Terra is done, Locke is close to being finished too but it stopped(if this idea will be certain, I will finish it), and we can add Moogle to accompany them. What you think?

And I have one question:
Story mainly involves Elidibs winning the tournament and taking over the Serpentarius Stone
This means he would be the main hero of game?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 05:38:29 PM by Kagebunji »
    • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • LastingDawn [Posts: 3452]
    • View Profile
    • [June 18, 2010, 03:35:43 PM]
    « Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 03:35:43 PM »
    Not quite... think of Elidibs as sort of Heihachi... think of this sort of as an Ivalice version of the King of Iron Fist Tournament, Elidibs hasn't won anything, he just started the tournament, that's what I had believed from what we discussed yesterday.

Also List of all available characters from this time...(sprited and unsprited)

Miscellaneous
    Besrodio
    Engineer Balk
    Celia
    Lede
    Gafgarion
    Teioh (Hatless Thief of Dorter that is paid to kill Gaff)
    Rad
    Rudvich
    Elidibs

Possible Lucavi
    Serpentarius
    Mateus
    Chaos
    Shemhazai
    (Cancer is with Worker 7)
    (Libra is with Orlandu)
    (Aquarius is with Beowulf)

Glabados Faith
    Cardinal Draclau
    High Priest Funeral
    Vormav
    Kletian
    Rofel
    Meliadoul
    Beowulf
    (Reis)
    Aliste
    Bremondt
    Zalmo
    (Simon)
    Balmafula
    Young Izlude
    Rivaldi

(Goodness the church has an Enormous Roster!)

Order of the Northern Sky
    Duke Larg
    Balbanes
    Zalbag
    Dycedarg
    Daravon
    Vicks (Character from FFT: Remix)

Order of the Southern Sky
    Duke Goltana
    Blansch
    Bolmna
    Orlandu
    Olan
    Elmdor
    Minister Gelwan
    Baron Grims

Knights of Death
    Wiegraf
    Miluda
    Golagros
    Gustav
    Boco

Fovoham Faction
    Barinten
    Young Rafa
    Young Malak

Lionguard
    Agrias
    Katelyn
    Lavian
    Alicia
    Ovelia

Wandering Slayers
    Lezales
    Fukes
    Wezaleff
    Viggs
    Dish

"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
    sadness can be turned to delight.
    A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
    the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!
    LastingDawn [Posts: 3452]
    • View Profile
    • [June 18, 2010, 08:37:56 PM]
    « Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 08:37:56 PM »
    Moved Above.

Art of War

R999
    • [June 19, 2010, 12:44:55 AM]
    « Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 12:44:55 AM »
    Birthdays Reference (assuming we go back 3-4 years): viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11
    > But the birthdays / ages that Zodiac listed correspond to ch1 of the game, when Ramza was still a kid. But his list should be accurate in relative terms (ie , Malak is 3 years older than Rafa). Assuming Agrias turns 22 (if not older, depending how many years apart are in the chapters of FFT)  in the WoTL event, we should increment their ages by 1-2 (note the game keeps track of time and people's bios as you progress).How many years did it took for Delita to become a Black Sheep Knight? How many years span across the beginning of ch1 to ch 4?

I love the direction that's being carried out by LD here, good job thus far. Looks like we'll have to create some new characters on Elidibus' end, but that's not too much of a problem.

here's the updated team roster

............................................................................................................
    .........................................Playable Teams............................................
    ............................................................................................................

=== Knights ===
    Team 1: Gafgarion (Dark Knight) + 3 Mercs
    Team 2: Wiegraf (Holy Knight) + 3 Mercs
    Team 3: Meliadoul (Divine Knight) + 3 Mercs
    Team 4: Alicia (Holy Knight) & Lavian (Holy Knight) + 2 Mercs

=== Magicians ===
    [s:j7m903xk]Team 5: Reis (Dragonner) & ???? (Tiamat, a pet) + 2 Mercs[/s:j7m903xk]
      --> Change to Team 5: NEW???? (Dragonner) + ???? (Tiama, a pet) + 2 Mercs
    Team 6: Cletian (Sorcerer) + 3 Mercs
    [s:j7m903xk]Team 7: Elidibus/Serpentarius (Arch Mage) + 3 Mercs[/s:j7m903xk]
      --> Change to Team 7: Vamafra (Arc Witch) + NEW???? (Shadow Priest) + 2 Mercs

=== Assassins ===
    [s:j7m903xk]Team 8: Mustadio (Engineer) & Worker 8 (Steel Giant) + 2 Mercs[/s:j7m903xk]
      --> Changed to Team 8: Besrodio + Steel Giant? + 2 Mercs
    Team 9: Celia (Assassin) & Lettie (Assassin) + 2 Mercs
    [s:j7m903xk]Team 10: Malak (Netherseer) + Rafa (Skyseer) +2 Mercs[/s:j7m903xk]
      --> Change to Team 10: Malak + ???(Ninja) + 2 Mercs

=== Supporting Heroes ===
    Team 11: Olan (Astrologist) + 3 Mercs
    Team 12: Simon (Holy Priest) + 3 Mercs
    Team 13: Beowulf (Templar) + 3 Mercs
    Team 14: Zalbag (Ark Knight) +3 Mercs

=== Defenders ===
    Team 15: Elmdore (Samurai) + 3 Mercs
    Team 16: Agrias (Holy Knight) & Ovelia (Cleric) + 2 Mercs
    Team 17: Loffery (Divine Knight) + 3 Mercs
    [s:j7m903xk]Team 18: Delita (Holy Knight) + Valmafra (Arc Witch) + 3 Mercs[/s:j7m903xk]
      --> Changed to Team 18: Baron Grims (Holy Knight) + 3 Mercs

Some more...

1) New Sprites to do
    -Hooded Balbanes sprite.
    -Baron Grims sprite
    -Engineer Besrodio sprite.
    -Engineer Balk sprite.
    -Katelyn sprite
    -New Lucavi sprites
    .... etc  (More to come, I will be working on all of the above, Lijj can help if he wants to)

2) New powerful Villain with new powerful subordinates
    -Main Villain being the impostor to the real Elidbus.
    -His own clan, perhaps involving Valmafra and more.
    -Shadow Priests (I will write more about them at a later time).

Other
    I would like to include Steel Giant and Iron Giant into the game, in someway. Are there some zodiac stones flowing around somewhere that we do not know of?  Maybe the Gemini one found by Elmdore after defeating the Iron Giant?

Reminder: As much as we'll like to have a canonical game, IA will never be — because of the team selection system. We won't stop the player from having uncanonical encounters. That is the way it will be. The purpose of having a plot —at all— is to bring added-value to the overall presentation of the game, as well as offering something for the player to look forward to as he or she progresses through the game with a different team each time. This is very important to keep mind. Our ultimate goal is to create an awesome gameplay experience, one that has great lasting value — emphasis on replayability — not very different from Arcade fighting game logic.
    • View Profile
    • [June 19, 2010, 03:24:06 PM]
    « Reply #5 on: June 19, 2010, 03:24:06 PM »
    Quote from: "R999"
    Birthdays Reference (assuming we go back 3-4 years): viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11
    > But the birthdays / ages that Zodiac listed correspond to ch1 of the game, when Ramza was still a kid. But his list should be accurate in relative terms (ie , Malak is 3 years older than Rafa). Assuming Agrias turns 22 (if not older, depending how many years apart are in the chapters of FFT)  in the WoTL event, we should increment their ages by 1-2 (note the game keeps track of time and people's bios as you progress).How many years did it took for Delita to become a Black Sheep Knight? How many years span across the beginning of ch1 to ch 4?

I love the direction that's being carried out by LD here, good job thus far. Looks like we'll have to create some new characters on Elidibus' end, but that's not too much of a problem.

4 Years, pass from Chapter 1 to Chapter 4 (or is it 3...?) Delita is likely 17 when he becomes a Black Sheep Knight.
    here's the updated team roster

.........................................Playable Teams............................................

=== Knights ===
    Team 1: Gafgarion (Dark Knight) + 3 Mercs
    Team 2: Wiegraf (Holy Knight) + 3 Mercs
    Team 3: Meliadoul (Divine Knight) + 3 Mercs
    Team 4: Alicia (Holy Knight) & Lavian (Holy Knight) + 2 Mercs

=== Magicians ===
    [s:pki3nytx]Team 5: Reis (Dragonner) & ???? (Tiamat, a pet) + 2 Mercs[/s:pki3nytx]
      --> Change to Team 5: NEW???? (Dragonner) + ???? (Tiama, a pet) + 2 Mercs
    Team 6: Cletian (Sorcerer) + 3 Mercs
    [s:pki3nytx]Team 7: Elidibus/Serpentarius (Arch Mage) + 3 Mercs[/s:pki3nytx]
      --> Change to Team 7: Vamafra (Arc Witch) + NEW???? (Shadow Priest) + 2 Mercs

=== Assassins ===
    [s:pki3nytx]Team 8: Mustadio (Engineer) & Worker 8 (Steel Giant) + 2 Mercs[/s:pki3nytx]
      --> Changed to Team 8: Besrodio + Steel Giant? + 2 Mercs
    Team 9: Celia (Assassin) & Lettie (Assassin) + 2 Mercs
    [s:pki3nytx]Team 10: Malak (Netherseer) + Rafa (Skyseer) +2 Mercs[/s:pki3nytx]
      --> Change to Team 10: Malak + ???(Ninja) + 2 Mercs

=== Supporting Heroes ===
    Team 11: Olan (Astrologist) + 3 Mercs
    Team 12: Simon (Holy Priest) + 3 Mercs
    Team 13: Beowulf (Templar) + 3 Mercs
    Team 14: Zalbag (Ark Knight) +3 Mercs

=== Defenders ===
    Team 15: Elmdore (Samurai) + 3 Mercs
    Team 16: Agrias (Holy Knight) & Ovelia (Cleric) + 2 Mercs
    Team 17: Loffery (Divine Knight) + 3 Mercs
    [s:pki3nytx]Team 18: Delita (Holy Knight) + Valmafra (Arc Witch) + 3 Mercs[/s:pki3nytx]
      --> Changed to Team 18: Baron Grims (Holy Knight) + 3 Mercs

Yep, those all look good though why was Reis replaced as a Dragoner? Admittedly she shouldn't have those powers, but its not that much of an inconsistency. Also Rafa is 10 prior 4 years to FFT, isn't she? Hmm... that is a bit young, even Young Izlude is 12 years old.

For Wiegraf's team I suggest that his compatriots be 1 female and 2 males, Miluda, Golagros, and Gustav, respectively.
    Also Steel Giants were... legendary beings. Though its not out of the question for their to be an Iron Giant, which FFT never really references actually. We only know that the Steel Giant isn't legit as they run on Zodiac Stones. Iron Giants though are free game.

Some more...

1) New Sprites to do
    -Hooded Balbanes sprite.
    -Baron Grims sprite
    -Engineer Besrodio sprite.
    -Engineer Balk sprite.
    -Katelyn sprite
    -New Lucavi sprites
    .... etc  (More to come, I will be working on all of the above, Lijj can help if he wants to)

2) New powerful Villain with new powerful subordinates
    -Main Villain being the impostor to the real Elidbus.
    -His own clan, perhaps involving Valmafra and more.
    -Shadow Priests (I will write more about them at a later time).

Other
    I would like to include Steel Giant and Iron Giant into the game, in someway. Are there some zodiac stones flowing around somewhere that we do not know of?  Maybe the Gemini one found by Elmdore after defeating the Iron Giant?

There is the Gemini Stone still unaccounted for, the game is very vague with its base. I suppose you could use a Steel Giant in that way, though that's really the only Zodiac Stone which isn't accounted for that isn't currently in use.

Also the little motives for each of the Church is edited into my prior posts, thoughts, contradictions and the like, feel free to post your thoughts.

Art of War

R999
    • [June 20, 2010, 09:49:54 PM]
    « Reply #6 on: June 20, 2010, 09:49:54 PM »
    @LastingDawn: you are quite amazing. It has been a very interesting read! When I have the time I'll try to think of a few.

Reis / Dragoner
    Regarding the Dragoner aspect, Asmo and Zodiac would think otherwise. I am neutral on this one although it would be very difficult to come up with a skillset that suits her without breaking her character concept. Asmo didn't like the idea of separating Beowulf and Reis into different teams — because there wasn't a good enough motive (and he's not exactly wrong). Either way we will be working on a new female Dragoner sprite whether she'll be Reis or not. I figured we could use her as one of those subordinate characters.

Birthday and Age Concerns
    Because the original game never actually stated their correct ages anyway (Zodiac has one save file where Ramza is 37 years old!), I think we could loosen up on this a little bit (stretching a few years should be fine). Would you think it'll be okay for IA to take place sometime just before ch1 of FFT? (which would be equal to 4 years prior to ch4 of the main timeline). This setting works well (Malak would be 16, Agrias would be 20-21, Ovelia would be 16-17, etc).

Quote from: "LastingDawn"
    For Wiegraf's team I suggest that his compatriots be 1 female and 2 males, Miluda, Golagros, and Gustav, respectively.

Wiegraf's Team, genders
    I have said this before and that's a very good idea. However, we do want to encourage gender rotation in the actual teams (gender will be much more important than ever, with unique gender skills per each job, as well as possibly unique gender RSM), meaning each team would have 3 generic males and 3 generic females (ideally) along with the Hero units. The main reason for differentiating genders is so the less dominant gender combos, such as Male Black Mage, wouldn't be wasted. They each have a full spritesheet afterall. Alternatively, we could also force the teams' generics. But that might be too much work...

Steel Giant, Iron Giant
    It'll be nice to have the Iron Giant accompany Balk to battle. That was part of the original plan (as one of the sub boss fights). A Gemini Steel Giant could work too I suppose.
    ALL THE THINGS Official Caretaker.
    RavenOfRazgriz [Posts: 3030]
    • View Profile
    • [June 20, 2010, 10:59:03 PM]
    « Reply #7 on: June 20, 2010, 10:59:03 PM »
    Because the original game never actually stated their correct ages anyway (Zodiac has one save file where Ramza is 37 years old!), I think we could loosen up on this a little bit (stretching a few years should be fine). Would you think it'll be okay for IA to take place sometime just before ch1 of FFT? (which would be equal to 4 years prior to ch4 of the main timeline). This setting works well (Malak would be 16, Agrias would be 20-21, Ovelia would be 16-17, etc).

I think an easy "canonical" way to solve this is to boot up a save file at Chapter 1 (just after the initial Gariland Magic City battle) where Ramza's irthday is somewhere in the middle of the year, write down his birthday there, open any Chapter 4 / relevant save file, find his age there, perform basic subtraction to find the difference between ages, then calculate everyone's Chapter 1 age based on this difference subtracted from their age as listed on that save file.  If you want to be really particular about it and can't find the information online, anyway.

In a far more amusing and easy to work alternative, you could have Elidibs descend from the Heaven's at some undetermined (and never revealed) point on Ramza's Master Quest, transforming into Serpentarius and threatening to raze the entire planet if everyone didn't immediately break out into a highly organized Dragonball Z-style fighting tournament with all 13 Zodiac Stones on the line, with everyone promptly agreeing after seeing Orlandu piss himself upon witnessing Serpentarius-Elidibs obliterate an entire village with the power of Heart.

...Well, everyone except for Ramza.  He tries to talk it over with Elidibs and gets eaten alive, hence why he's not one of the potential Heroes and why Alma could be justified as fighting somewhere if that's still in the plans.  ^_^

(I pull the oddest things out of my ass when supplemented with enough coffee, holy shit.)

But yeah, since we've agreed to pretty much not even try to make it canonical anyway (as far as I can tell anyway), I think you should just leave the actual point it occurs ambiguous so you don't need to deal with things like 12 year old Rafa.  Suspension of disbelief and an awesome premise like the above to instigate it will carry it enough for people to just accept and enjoy it, kind of like with Dissida Final Fantasy where people are just grabbed out of universes and forced to work together on a quest to save/destroy reality or whatever it is they do in that game.  I really need to go buy it sometime, damn.
    • View Profile
    • [June 20, 2010, 11:46:25 PM]
    « Reply #8 on: June 20, 2010, 11:46:25 PM »
    @LastingDawn: you are quite amazing. It has been a very interesting read! When I have the time I'll try to think of a few.

Reis / Dragoner
    Regarding the Dragoner aspect, Asmo and Zodiac would think otherwise. I am neutral on this one although it would be very difficult to come up with a skillset that suits her without breaking her character concept. Asmo didn't like the idea of separating Beowulf and Reis into different teams — because there wasn't a good enough motive (and he's not exactly wrong). Either way we will be working on a new female Dragoner sprite whether she'll be Reis or not. I figured we could use her as one of those subordinate characters.

I see... she absolutely Must be female? Do you recall in FFIV that when you meet Bahamut he took the form of a sage like figure? Is it possible that it can be a representative dragon... hmm... yes, this might be an interesting idea, especially as Chaos had already given his blessings...

Can a few of the subordinates that Elidibs has around him, can they be Lich, Marilith (Kary), Kraken, and Tiamat? (If they were forced to fight in mortal forms, rather than monster forms, of course, think back to my Bahamut example earlier) If this idea is allowed, the female Dragoner would work Great as Tiamat's earthly form.

Right before FFT, hmm? That would make Wiegraf actually the Death Corps then and not the Knights of Death then? If this is done, Balbanes had to have been dead for some time.If you'd like Balbanes can be a plot point for a couple of characters, as he is most certainly dead. Perhaps part of the mystery why Elidibs would bring back Balbanes (Zalbag and Dycedarg's father after all, that would have some effect on them)

Wiegraf's Team, genders
    I have said this before and that's a very good idea. However, we do want to encourage gender rotation in the actual teams (gender will be much more important than ever, with unique gender skills per each job, as well as possibly unique gender RSM), meaning each team would have 3 generic males and 3 generic females (ideally) along with the Hero units. The main reason for differentiating genders is so the less dominant gender combos, such as Male Black Mage, wouldn't be wasted. They each have a full spritesheet afterall. Alternatively, we could also force the teams' generics. But that might be too much work...

Alright, after all an all woman team is what he ordinarily fights with. Just three of the generics should have a special name then.

Steel Giant, Iron Giant
    It'll be nice to have the Iron Giant accompany Balk to battle. That was part of the original plan (as one of the sub boss fights). A Gemini Steel Giant could work too I suppose.

Yes, there's a possibility that Balk may have come across the Gemini Worker X, while working in the Goug Mines, his "secret weapon" maybe for the tournament, its not impossible.

Also the Order of the Northern Sky's have had their intentions and motives written in.

Personally though Raven, its still very possible to keep this more or less canon. I really much prefer the Tekken base, rather than anything outwardly malevolent, it gives an air of mystery about the point.

Art of War

Archael
    • [June 21, 2010, 03:30:48 AM]
    « Reply #9 on: June 21, 2010, 03:30:48 AM »
    I vote #1
    R999
    • [June 21, 2010, 08:04:47 AM]
    « Reply #10 on: June 21, 2010, 08:04:47 AM »
    @Voldemort: We are already going with that! ^    

By the way LD, would Hashmal and Queke are trying to fight together be a bad idea? Team up against Elidibus' forces? (So they'll seemed like good guys?).  How about a battle with Leo Hashmal summoning the shades of Adramelech and Belias for a battle, so 3 Lucavis altogether (Adramelech and Belias would be in weaker forms of course).
    • View Profile
    • [June 21, 2010, 12:25:53 PM]
    « Reply #11 on: June 21, 2010, 12:25:53 PM »
    @Voldemort: We are already going with that! ^    

By the way LD, would Hashmal and Queke are trying to fight together be a bad idea? Team up against Elidibus' forces? (So they'll seemed like good guys?).  How about a battle with Leo Hashmal summoning the shades of Adramelech and Belias for a battle, so 3 Lucavis altogether (Adramelech and Belias would be in weaker forms of course).

That the appointed leader of the Zodiac Braves would have the Gigas Pendant and the Raging Brooch only really makes sense, if he knows what the Holy Stones truly are. Its in his character to do things behind the veil anyhow. Hashmalum and Queklain fighting together isn't a bad idea, after all the Lucavi's goals aren't impure in the least, their original intent is to revive Altima and then start the 1,000 year war anew. Though at the same time Elidibs plan isn't truly impure, it would need to be for the purpose of joining. The Four Fiends by their names are full of impurities, so that works well. Also I can't ignore that Draclau has *some* manner of control over Queklain, how ever small it may be.

Art of War

• View Profile
    • [June 22, 2010, 01:00:45 AM]
    « Reply #12 on: June 22, 2010, 01:00:45 AM »
    Double Post, the Order of the Southern Sky has been put up. I thought it rather interesting the duality between the two leaders and how they deal with the situation. As always critiques, contradictions and the like, are appreciated.

Art of War

• View Profile
    • [June 25, 2010, 06:33:04 AM]
    « Reply #13 on: June 25, 2010, 06:33:04 AM »
    Triple Post, the Death Corps bios have now been put up. This is also the first introduction to one of our new characters.

Art of War

R999
    • [June 25, 2010, 11:16:59 AM]
    « Reply #14 on: June 25, 2010, 11:16:59 AM »
    We've got a lot of the story elements down now. The only thing that's left to decide are the hosts for Mateus and Famfrit.

As always the character Bios have been great LD.
    • View Profile
    • [June 25, 2010, 03:42:57 PM]
    « Reply #15 on: June 25, 2010, 03:42:57 PM »
    No time, Khamja is up.

Art of War

R999
    • [June 25, 2010, 10:54:56 PM]
    « Reply #16 on: June 25, 2010, 10:54:56 PM »
    I decided to hold off on Kraken's design for now... part of me feels as though we are not doing him justice.  

1. The nickname "Lion" is really more suitable for Vormav.
    2. Wiping out Malak's team and then replacing them with Apandas (etc) just doesn't feel quite right.

However, it doesn't mean Kraken can't be the actual host for Famfrit. That could come in as a surprise. So in this era, Kraken is borned as an Aquarius rather than Taurus, in addition to being also 1/4th of Chaos.

In the first Chaos fight, he won't have an actual host (thus explains why he's weak).

Possible hosts for the full Chaos:

1. Dethburis "Lich"
    2. Anastasia's pet Czar. This could be a nice unexpected surprise though it would seem kind of awkward.
    3. Czar's energy being completely absorbed by Anastasia, fusing together to become Chaos' host.

Problem with 3 is that Chaos would have the body of a woman.
    • View Profile
    • [June 27, 2010, 04:13:09 PM]
    Re: *** IA Story Related Discussion
    « Reply #17 on: June 27, 2010, 04:13:09 PM »
    In essence the Fiends show in FFI that Chaos need not be right in front of them to call him. Indeed, they bring Garland from the far future to the far past to enact their plan of the Time Loop. It's not impossible that they would call Chaos from the far future (when he was revived) and having known how this ends originally (without his assistance) fights to make it happen. Of course this need not explained in game (far too complicated... can be explained supplemental parts). The Four Fiends would just circle around one another and summon him, and teleport out to allow Chaos to attempt to take out the player.

Art of War

• View Profile
    • [June 27, 2010, 05:53:24 PM]
    « Reply #18 on: June 27, 2010, 05:53:24 PM »
    Double Post, Baron Grims bio has been redone. I think this is probably my best one yet. Please, tell me what you think.

EDIT: How could I forget! If we really want a "Garland"-esque figure there is always Lezales! He is the first foe to fall in FFT and is never heard from again, if he's your guaranteed first fight along with his wandering slayers, that makes the best deal of sense! If we go with a Garland type, Lezales would fit that to a T.

Art of War

Kagebunji [Posts: 4322]
    • View Profile
    • [June 27, 2010, 06:16:55 PM]
    « Reply #19 on: June 27, 2010, 06:16:55 PM »
    Heh, this is great LD, you should write some story books, you have talent to this kind of stuff. Idea with Baron having a bag, IMO not bad, but it wouldn't make him look too knightly :/
    Pages: [1] 2